British Speedway Forum

Poole 2016

He was, now tell me why he didn't stay at KL ? He wanted to ride with Chris and wanted to be at a successful club... Somerset first season, please explain ?

Somerset first season in the league

I know why he didn't stay at KL, and I know why he was sold instead of being loaned, and when he was at KL he won plenty of trophies

• Like 1

Somerset first season in the league

Somersets first season was in 2000. in the conference league.

Don't worry. Lemo is looking after them ;)

Gilmore was at Poole last week and Lidsey was at Poole last season.

The Aussie connection at Poole was started long before Matt Ford with Neil Street starting it off.

Every team knows about the young Aussie's these days but they will always want to ride at a club where other Aussie's still ride or used to ride.

Nothing great from Ford in that although to be fair he didn't sign Mr Blobby James Holder so got that spot on

Actually Matt Ford DID sign James Holder, he is or was a Poole asset.

Jack Holder has been on Matt Fords radar since at least 2008 as there was a article in the local paper saying Chris Holder would love to ride with him in the same team and Matt Ford said he would like the Holder name to be synonymus with Poole speedway. Obviously there was a long way to go in his development then and still is but he is a star of the future.

Edited by foreverblue

Jack Holder has been on Matt Fords radar since at least 2008 as there was a article in the local paper saying Chris Holder would love to ride with him in the same team and Matt Ford said he would like the Holder name to be synonymus with Poole speedway. Obviously there was a long way to go in his development then and still is but he is a star of the future.

100% correct :t:

Can't believe I'm doing this but please explain how he is thinking further ahead than those promoters who run training schools and NL teams?

Training schools and NL teams is not looking ahead, it's looking in the wrong place! Matt is looking in the right places. How many training school or NL riders in the last 10 years have made it to heat leader standard?

Not many then

There would be more than that. If you said 2nd string too then even more. The NL has provided lots of EL riders. 5 of the 6 in the GB squad have rode in the NL in the last 10 years.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

So noticing the likes of Kurtz and jack holder is rocket science is it? The fact Chris has spent so long at Poole clearly makes it far easier to attract them plus the lure of the coast and jet skiing, think it's not unreasonable to say Ford isn't some magical figure who produces these riders out of thin air and I agree with CR the Aussie connection goes far back well before ford arrived on the scene! Boyce Adams Langdon Crump I could go on! It is merely a natural progression nothing incredible or out of anyone's comfort zone for the love of god

• Like 1

So noticing the likes of Kurtz and jack holder is rocket science is it? The fact Chris has spent so long at Poole clearly makes it far easier to attract them plus the lure of the coast and jet skiing, think it's not unreasonable to say Ford isn't some magical figure who produces these riders out of thin air and I agree with CR the Aussie connection goes far back well before ford arrived on the scene! Boyce Adams Langdon Crump I could go on! It is merely a natural progression nothing incredible or out of anyone's comfort zone for the love of god

Your not saying Poole has more to offer than Swindon are you! Shocking!!
  • Like 1

he signs them when there obviously going to become or are on the way to becoming top riders

can anybody say he signed a rider absolutely raw and turned him into a top rider?

in the old days foreigners came over that were really total novices and they either improved and got to stay or failed and went bk home

• Like 1