British Speedway Forum

Poole 2016

thank you doctor

so he might not be 100% fit but he is fit enough to mix it on the under 21's so he should be fit enough for his club especially as Poole not got a meeting for a while. Then again he is riding in the main body so would struggle anyway. I'm not buying the fact he is 'crocked' just merely not 100%. Newman is crocked

so he might not be 100% fit but he is fit enough to mix it on the under 21's so he should be fit enough for his club especially as Poole not got a meeting for a while. Then again he is riding in the main body so would struggle anyway. I'm not buying the fact he is 'crocked' just merely not 100%. Newman is crocked

He wasn't fit enough, hence his low score. Or do you think that was all he was capable of ?

I suspect that Johnny the spud may have a better idea than you about Adam'a fitness Gavan...
  • Like 2

He wasn't fit enough, hence his low score. Or do you think that was all he was capable of ?

he went through the tapes in one and fell in another. He was beaten by Bates Berge and Lambert , 3 riders that even if he was 100% he may not have beaten and Bates was also carrying a knock. In that field a fully fit Adam should be good for around 9 points. If you read what I wrote I did say he isn't 100% fit.

I suspect that Johnny the spud may have a better idea than you about Adam'a fitness Gavan...

yes I know it's his dad I'm an Ipswich fan remember. My point is there is a difference between being able to 'have a go' and being crocked

But surely it was clear he was crocked but determined to ride. Its a world final so having got there and it being three rounds unless a body part was hanging off he would drag himself to the tapes.

I stick by my thoughts that Ellis is a far better and more accomplished rider than Josh Bates regardless of what Gavan thinks. Gating and riding higdh and wide is one thing. Being able to battle through and win is another and from what I have seen of both, Ellis and Newman are better than Bates by a margin, not a slither.

Hopefully Bates will continue to improve and we will have a good amount of British riders giving the TeamGB manager a headache on team selection in future seasons.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

• 2 weeks later...

Poole Stadium update in Bournemouth Echo today - which sounds quite positive except that it only quotes Stadia UK!!!!!

Revamp to focus on Speedway and greyhounds (as now) with no place for Poole Town FC!! (For the football club to meet FA requirements, the 'Glass (west) Stand' would need to go - which would not happen - and the centre green would need to be a lot larger - which also could not happen in the current foot print!!

Early days yet though - and no plans to close it!!!

Edited by Skidder1

Poole Stadium update in Bournemouth Echo today - which sounds quite positive except that it only quotes Stadia UK!!!!!

www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway/Piratesnews

Do not trust Osbourne until you see the Swindon Stadium up and running, Stadia are delaying planning permission even now.

on the face of it sounds very good news for the dogs and speedway,however it would need to involve a housing development on part of the site to finance the stadium improvements thats where it can all get a bit tense.

links ok skidder just need to click on "sport" or "speedway" on that echo page

I thought the council owned the land the stadium is on, so wouldn't they get the last word rather than Stadia UK?!!

They do.

Could whoever does the EL table on the updates site please give Poole their correct points??

They have 7 x 3 point wins = 21 + an away draw 2 points + 1 point for losing away by 6 points or less = 24 not 19!!!!

The table was updated on 7th July and still we only have 19 points. I have a calculator they can borrow if they are having trouble with their adding up!!!