British Speedway Forum

Poole 2016

It is quite clear from the article - and previous reports - that the Council have a Town Centre Vision of improvements including new office, retail and housing developments. Doubtless Leisure and Sporting facilities are also included in the vision even though the Council cannot afford to fund everything themselves and will be seeking outside help from various private 'developers'!!

I wonder who they maybe ?

many rumours that swindon dogs are moving to oxford as well

I hope they're not all walking there. Animal cruelty, walk all that way & then have to race! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not holding my breath on a new stadium tho'. Sorry to intrude onto the Poole site. Slap my wrists.!

Matt is a local lad who lives and breathes for his club.

Why would he want to move Poole to Oxford, a two hour journey, for smaller crowds and therefore less money?

Perhaps he is trying behind the scenes to get Oxford back up and running again in the PL, but to drop Poole for Oxford is nonsense.

• Like 2

Matt is a local lad who lives and breathes for his club.

Why would he want to move Poole to Oxford, a two hour journey, for smaller crowds and therefore less money?

Perhaps he is trying behind the scenes to get Oxford back up and running again in the PL, but to drop Poole for Oxford is nonsense.

Oxford at NL level for Matt might be the route to go. Like Cradley I think they'd get decent crowds for that level Speedway and run on the cheap.

Then there's also a back up plan for Matt if the property development threat for Poole comes to fruition & Oxford returns to the top league.

Oxford at NL level for Matt might be the route to go. Like Cradley I think they'd get decent crowds for that level Speedway and run on the cheap.

Then there's also a back up plan for Matt if the property development threat for Poole comes to fruition & Oxford returns to the top league.

The land was given to the council with a covenant that it would always be used as a sporting site. The chances of it changing to houses in the next decade is not high.

The land was given to the council with a covenant that it would always be used as a sporting site. The chances of it changing to houses in the next decade is not high.

Correct, but im sure there is a lopehole to get round that. As you say, its council owned.

All the talk of covenants in this day and age is totally irrelevant i am afraid and currently it's a very twitchy time for Swindon Coventry and possibly Poole fans , what i want to know is does this speedway group within parliament have any influence on these type of things or is it just another piece of Government 'keep fans happy' hogwash as per usual?

• Like 1

Correct, but im sure there is a lopehole to get round that. As you say, its council owned.

Don't worry, you have banging on about how Swindon & Coventry in particular should be making more protests to save the respective clubs and that Poole supporters would never let that happen so I am sure you will be fine! :rolleyes:

Edited by TesarRacing
  • Like 5

Poole's stadium is in a great location and wouldn't want to lose that, but surely they are a big enough club that they could merit owning their own facilities at some point... there are football clubs up here with half the support that have not bad (small) stadiums.

I absolutely hate speedway having to rely on the dog mob, and in particular Clark whatshisname.

• Like 1

Matt has a mate?!! ;)

Yes he did, his name was Arron, and he used to be a member on this forum, untill he got wise to the idiots on here.. ;)