British Speedway Forum

Poole 2016

Does it say that in the rule book - if not that loophole will be exploited (by Matt Ford probably)

I'm probably missing something here, but what is there to exploit? Rules say only 2 d/u riders so it stands to reason that any team that already has two, would have to drop a rider if the EDR became a d/u. That would just be silly, so EDRs must stay as EDRs. Anyway, as Poole don't have any d/us, it would make no difference.

The point was/is if Kyle Newman gets into the 1-5 and has a Plymouth fixture clash with a rearranged Poole fixture, would a Poole Number 8 (assessed 4 pointer yet to be signed) be able to be used to replace him?

It would probably never happen as Poole would almost certainly use r/r, but what would the rules allow?

The point was/is if Kyle Newman gets into the 1-5 and has a Plymouth fixture clash with a rearranged Poole fixture, would a Poole Number 8 (assessed 4 pointer yet to be signed) be able to be used to replace him?

It would probably never happen as Poole would almost certainly use r/r, but what would the rules allow?

Yes. The #8 can replace any rider in the 1-5

No clash with Plymouth now for Kyle

im sure poole be looking to someone like maksim drabik, pawel prezpelski or similar as number 8

Well you never know..

Now Kyle is without a PL club he will be short of rides. Pretty sure he will be picked up pretty quickly though.

Won't affect his Poole appearances though.

Commisserations to Plymouth fans.

Don't put Plymouth down yet Steve. I do hope they will come up from the pit. There are a number of people down there who are willing to fight to keep the Devils alive. Including Kyle.

Kyle needs as much riding time as he can to help him kick on with Kyle on the market for PL I am sure someone will snap his hand off and rearrange there side to accommodate him or would a team abroad be a avenue worth exploring

I would be surprised if somebody rearranged their team for him as he seems to struggle abit in the PL compared to racing at reserve in the EL. That's why he still has such a low average

Nice to see Havvy on Twitter talking about Newman. Spot on when he says it's a lack of ambition and the fact the EDR was designed to bring riders through rather than exploit loopholes to keep him at reserve.

And as I say Poole have done nothing wrong just as Havvy says lack of ambition from the rider. Garrity will be in the GB squad and Newman has no chance

Nice to see Havvy on Twitter talking about Newman. Spot on when he says it's a lack of ambition and the fact the EDR was designed to bring riders through rather than exploit loopholes to keep him at reserve.

And as I say Poole have done nothing wrong just as Havvy says lack of ambition from the rider. Garrity will be in the GB squad and Newman has no chance

Garrity shouldnt be in the squad either he isnt good enough. A case could be made for Ellis the way he has started the sesson. Nicholls has come back which is a plus but just highlights we have very few riders who are good enough or potentially good enough

The squad is usually 10 riders which should be Tai, Harris, Cook, Nicholls, Lambert, King , Stead, Kennett, Garrity and Auty. After the first 5 we are really struggling. King ,Stead and Kennett are not good enough at international level but they are the next best. Garrity shows ambition and is a better rider than Newman or Howarth. Auty is a premier league number 1 and is also better than Newman

Change the record! Newman wanted to move up in the 1-5. Which he probably will soon. Garrity messed up the Coventry team. Selfish rather than ambitious.
  • Like 2