British Speedway Forum

Poole 2016

Last season Hans scored 13 at home against Poole in the play offs Harris scored 6. If Harris had scored what Hans did you may have beaten us.

Very pleased to have Hans back where he started in this country where his efforts will be appreciated!!!

Ive never suggest Hans' scoring in the play-offs last year were an issue. The problem by then was we had King as a heat leader when if Hans had done his job all year we'd have had King at second string and we would have raced Poole in the semi.

And it's a bit harsh to criticise Harris for one meeting when Hans was rubbish in at least a dozen. Harris hasn't slagged off all his team mates who carried him half the season either!

Edited by SCB

Don't you mean blue tinted!!

The definition of 'rose-tinted spectacles' - "if someone looks at something, and only sees the pleasant parts of it".

I couldn't find a definition of 'blue-tinted spectacles' - albeit I believe the term 'blue-tint' often refers to older people that dye their hair a certain colour for vanity (despite the fact it subsequently makes it look completely unnatural).

Now, whilst 'blue-tint' may aptly describe Matt Fraud, I'd stand wholeheartedly behind my initial assessment that 'rose-tinted spectacles' more accurately describes some Poole supporters upon this forum.

• Like 2

The definition of 'rose-tinted spectacles' - "if someone looks at something, and only sees the pleasant parts of it".

I couldn't find a definition of 'blue-tinted spectacles' - albeit I believe the term 'blue-tint' often refers to older people that dye their hair a certain colour for vanity (despite the fact it subsequently makes it look completely unnatural).

Now, whilst 'blue-tint' may aptly describe Matt Fraud, I'd stand wholeheartedly behind my initial assessment that 'rose-tinted spectacles' more accurately describes some Poole supporters upon this forum.

Yes, cos no other team has biased fans!! Anyone who is passionate about the club they support will be biased.

We get called blue tints a lot because that is the colour the team is associated with not because of their hair colour! It was a little joke on my part which has obviously fell on deaf ears!

I wonder why Hans was riding as a 2nd string in the playoffs? Just maybe because he had a poor season? SCB is spot on, a few decent performances from Hans and we would've been top.

Didn't say he hadn't had a poor season, of course he did, his average tells you that but it happens to the best of riders. What you do is keep faith and hope they recover their form which i fully expect Hans to do.

• Like 1

We get called blue tints a lot because that is the colour the team is associated with not because of their hair colour! It was a little joke on my part which has obviously fell on deaf ears!

Didn't say he hadn't had a poor season, of course he did, his average tells you that but it happens to the best of riders. What you do is keep faith and hope they recover their form which i fully expect Hans to do.

When did Matt Ford ever keep faith with riders that were not performing?

• Like 2

So Hans has gone to Poole because a winning team around you helps you out. So what was the useless gits excuse in 2015? We finished 2nd in the league and may had our number 1 turned up at just 3 or 4 meetings we'd have finished top. Or what about in 2014 when we got to the play-off final and had it not been for our number 1 going AWOL may have won the play-offs.

As for Adam Ellis, he confirmed what some of us said last year, he didn't want to be at Lakeside and they had tried to get him to Poole last season but they were unable to fiddle it.

Hans just wants to ride for a winning club. As he says, if you cannot beat them, join then.. And what he showed in practice i say your loss will definately be our gain..

As for Adam, yeh he also wants to ride for a successful club, and he will come on a ton under Neil, and with the added bonus of sponsorship from Meridian Lifts.. Good times !! :party:

When did Matt Ford ever keep faith with riders that were not performing?

Last season. Do you remember that ? No, i thought not.. ;)

I see at least 2 of the Poole boys not impressed with the track. What has happened to that once good track Poole had?

Hans just wants to ride for a winning club. As he says, if you cannot beat them, join then.. And what he showed in practice i say your loss will definately be our gain..

As for Adam, yeh he also wants to ride for a successful club, and he will come on a ton under Neil, and with the added bonus of sponsorship from Meridian Lifts.. Good times !! :party:

Nice attitude belittling other clubs like you do. So arrogant. Hans Andersen will ride for whoever gives him the best deal hence he moves clubs an awful lot. He isn't Poole through and through like Holder(who even though a Poole man said he WOULD ride elsewhere if not wanted) and he hasn't anywhere stated he just wants to be part of a winning team. You just speak crap
  • Like 3