British Speedway Forum

Poole 2016

Thanks to the decent Poole fans on here. Apologies I get irate with your village idiot but I sense you all mock him anyway! Plus I don't actually slag Poole off on here only the odd time. As I say it's the biggest thread with the most discussion and I won't allow a complete and utter tool to stop me posting. He gets mocked on every threaf you think he would take a hint

No need to thank us as some of us feel the same. As far as I'm concerned you're free to express whatever you like about Poole on any of our threads as then we have something to discuss....the whole purpose of the forum!

• Like 1

No need to thank us as some of us feel the same. As far as I'm concerned you're free to express whatever you like about Poole on any of our threads as then we have something to discuss....the whole purpose of the forum!

But isn't that the case for Starman2006? Surely he has the right to post what he thinks, whether people agree with what he says or not?

What I can't comprehend is why people get wound up by his posts. And then even worse, resort to name calling!

• Like 2

But isn't that the case for Starman2006? Surely he has the right to post what he thinks, whether people agree with what he says or not?

What I can't comprehend is why people get wound up by his posts. And then even worse, resort to name calling!

Thanks mate. The problem is and why im so hated, although i don't care, is i don't tow the line and say what they want me to say. Sadly for them, that will never, happen..

Starman discusses nothing, kisses Matt Ford's butt and name calls more than anyone else on this forum and then repeats time and time and time and time and time again...

Not quite the same is it?

Hes a bit old for that!

Hmmm... So you reckon Starmans a bit old for it but say nothing about Jaques being a bit old for riding on the back of a Lambretta in a mini-skirt ? I'm not sure what to make of that. We'll see what she says when she comes on here. She's a bit quiet at the moment, must be either in the kitchen doing the dishes or maybe just recovering from the shock of seeing the wooden spooners that Horton and Havelock have cobbled together !

• Like 1

Just to bring a little bit of balance to the suggestion of the 'possibility of the Poole forum being closed' - this is not solely down to Starman's posts which admittedly have got a bit personal on occasions and are occasionally also somewhat ill-judged but are usually no worse than - and often in response to - certain other so-called fans who continually and somewhat repetitively 'talk down' the sport with negative and unconstructive comments.

Any official club forum is at the behest of the respective promotion and in MF's case, he 'tolerates' it until there is too much pointless negativity which might have a damaging effect on the club's commercial success - as there are a number of sponsors that also use the forum (and website generally) for positive feedback.

Of course there is nothing wrong with people debating the latest scores/meetings/decisions on a club forum - but so often the most negative comments come from those that didn't even see the action them selves. I guess that's one similarity between a club forum and the BSF!!?

Happy Speedway to one and all in 2016.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 3

Starman discusses nothing, kisses Matt Ford's butt and name calls more than anyone else on this forum and then repeats time and time and time and time and time again...

Not quite the same is it?

However, he's a committed speedway fan, as far as I know attends speedway at both Poole and Somerset and probably enjoys coming onto the forum' cause he enjoys joining in speedway talk. His opinions and comments may not fit yours and others criteria for a debate, but so what?

If he does as you say he does, why don't you put him on ignore instead of becoming emotionally involved and doing the same as what you say HE does......name calling as a starter for ten!

• Like 1

However, he's a committed speedway fan, as far as I know attends speedway at both Poole and Somerset and probably enjoys coming onto the forum' cause he enjoys joining in speedway talk. His opinions and comments may not fit yours and others criteria for a debate, but so what?

If he does as you say he does, why don't you put him on ignore instead of becoming emotionally involved and doing the same as what you say HE does......name calling as a starter for ten!

Because if his post gets quoted the ignore button is pretty useless? A fair few more people would tolerate Starman if he actually debated issues instead of name calling when people call him out on what he posts.
  • Like 5

Just to bring a little bit of balance to the suggestion of the 'possibility of the Poole forum being closed' - this is not solely down to Starman's posts which admittedly have got a bit personal on occasions and are occasionally also somewhat ill-judged but are usually no worse than - and often in response to - certain other so-called fans who continually and somewhat repetitively 'talk down' the sport with negative and unconstructive comments.

Any official club forum is at the behest of the respective promotion and in MF's case, he 'tolerates' it until there is too much pointless negativity which might have a damaging effect on the club's commercial success - as there are a number of sponsors that also use the forum (and website generally) for positive feedback.

Of course there is nothing wrong with people debating the latest scores/meetings/decisions on a club forum - but so often the most negative comments come from those that didn't even see the action them selves. I guess that's one similarity between a club forum and the BSF!!?

Happy Speedway to one and all in 2016.

100% correct. In fact soon after Stuart Douglas took over Lakeside he had to disconnect the fans forum for a while because, as you say some sponsors read these forums, and certain gratuitously offensive posts were thought to be interfering with attempts to get sponsorship

The fans forum wasn't shut down completely, ,it was just disconnected from the website so people could still have their say but it wouldn't find link to the main website. Interestingly, once the mouthy brigade found they didn't have much of an audience the whole thing quietened down.

Unfortunately the BSF, for all its benefits to those of us that want to discuss Speedwáy, also has the same disadvantage as most social media in that it gives a platform for those who have little interest in anything except carping criticism, not caring whether they are factually right or wrong, and if wrong they just move on to the next point of fault finding instead of admitting they were wrong. As Skidder 1 says, these for the most part are so called fans that never, or at best rarely attend meetings.

That's not to suggest the sport is perfectly run, or thing like it, but the OTT crticism of every detail and the abuse and name calling between some so called fans does them no credit and distracts attention from discussing the things that really are wrong.

Edited by Daytripper
  • Like 2

Because if his post gets quoted the ignore button is pretty useless? A fair few more people would tolerate Starman if he actually debated issues instead of name calling when people call him out on what he posts.

So basically everyone please stop quoting the imbecile!

I don't see any problem with Gavan posting on the Poole thread!! Starman should stop dictating who can or can't post on this thread. It isn't up to him believe it or not!

Couldnt agree more!!

• Like 1

nothing wrong with anyone coming into ANY thread to chat about what they want. Nothing wrong with people having an opinion that's what a forum is there for. However in at least 3 recent posts , Jerran Hart, Chris Holder and the Grand National he made statements. He was factually proved that his statements were incorrect. Not opinions but facts. Instead of admitting he was wrong he resorts to name calling and a volley of abuse. Do you expect myself or others to just sit back and say nothing while he just rants and rants? He than has the audacity to say daft things like rules are rules if others dare to make even the slightest comment. Sorry we are all entitled to opinions but he argues facts. That is either a troll or a fool. Someone who can't hold their hands up and admit there wrong is a coward and someone that reports people when they are far worse is a weasel. The man constantly drags Pooles name down on this and it also appears other forums. Sorry for this rant but it needs to be said
  • Like 3