British Speedway Forum

How Good Are These Three? Wajtknecht, Wilson-dean, Parkinson-blackburn.

stratton

I have never seen any of these riders ride live,they have all made great progress i wondered what people's opinions of them were.?I would imagine Zach/BradleyWilson would Premier/national league double up for 2016 and young Jack would have a full NL campaign i hope all of them can push on.

Edited by sidney

I have had the pleasure of seeing all three of them ride and I mean pleasure.

However, as Halifax Tiger always reminds me, the gap between NL and PL is enormous and very difficult to bridge satisfactorily.

It is difficult to make that transition without regular PL outings.

Personally, I would rather see a young NL rider struggling to get onto the pace whilst learning in PL, than some foreign rider doing exactly the same.

That said, I am despondant with the King Farouk attitude of many NL riders, come back from the race, don shades and kick back in a deck chair whilst a mechanic scurries around doing all of the graft until they reluctantly climb back out of the chair to be pushed off for the next race.

They don't even watch the progress of the meeting they are so self absorbed.

I don't remember seeing Kelvin Mullarkey or Dave Perks doing that.

• Like 4

You can never predict how far a rider will go. I've seen lots of young riders who seemed naturals and destined for greatness but they just stopped growing as riders, others seemed to struggle and look awkward at the start but managed to go on for years and even do pretty well in some cases. We have a much better youth set up now and it must eventually pay off. The three mentioned have certainly made a good start and I wish them well.

• Like 1

Let's see how they progress once they get past the age that they can legally buy drinks in the pub. If they are strong willed enough to resist temptation then maybe there will be hope. If on the other hand they go down the Lewis Bridger / Ben Barker route, then expect their development to be stunted. And then there is the Patryck Dudek / Aleksander Loktaev route to avoid too... many a hurdle to overcome before we can be sure about what will happen.

Anybody young like this could do worse than to take a look at Tai Woffinden. He had a spell where he did daft things. I don't know who was the catalyst behind his focus and attitude towards the sport, but look at the dividends. Get yourself an experienced mentor like Peter Adams? Of course these riders have a long way to go, how far can they go, who knows? But don't put any pressure on these boys, let them progress at their own pace, hopefully they will get good support and advice. But I have been so impressed with Tai over the past three seasons. A perfect example for any young rider to follow.

P.S. was very impressed with Jack Parkinson-Blackburn at Berwick for the under 19 championship. Never seen the other riders in the flesh yet.

I have had the pleasure of seeing all three of them ride and I mean pleasure.

However, as Halifax Tiger always reminds me, the gap between NL and PL is enormous and very difficult to bridge satisfactorily.

It is difficult to make that transition without regular PL outings.

Personally, I would rather see a young NL rider struggling to get onto the pace whilst learning in PL, than some foreign rider doing exactly the same.

That said, I am despondant with the King Farouk attitude of many NL riders, come back from the race, don shades and kick back in a deck chair whilst a mechanic scurries around doing all of the graft until they reluctantly climb back out of the chair to be pushed off for the next race.

They don't even watch the progress of the meeting they are so self absorbed.

I don't remember seeing Kelvin Mullarkey or Dave Perks doing that.

There have been a few over the years that once they get there name on the side of their van and speedway rider think they have made it.
  • Like 1

Their parents aren't married, so they double up their surnames. In answer to the original question, very, very good indeed!

A gross assumption that. :shock:

Lawyers Letter in the Post I expect. :nono: :nono:

There has been a lot of talented young English riders in recent years ... but many of them have fallen by the wayside and not developed into World Class riders as hoped.

Often they have languished in the PL too long ... doubling up to increase income and settling for a comfy life style.

They need to be kept grounded and strive to get to the top .... which nowadays means riding in Sweden and / or Poland.

That in itself need to be timed right ..... in my opinion EL with Europe once you have gained all the experience in the PL with the doubling up.

With regards to these riders , Parkinson Blackburn at the age of 15 is amazingly smooth on the bends and has a nice style and looks the best prospect. Many youngsters grapple with the bike on the bends.

I hope that they all develop and become World class riders

• Like 1

JPB has been known as Jack Parkinson throughout his time in the BYC which allows his name to fit in the programme & on the back of his race jacket.

Actually - my remark was tongue in cheek - but thank you for that Alan. :t::approve::)

isn't it actually more likely that their parents are married, and hyphenated surnames when they got married?

Wilson is his fathers name and dean is his mothers name and his mother. His real name is Bradley Dean, remember him as a lad at Rosebank in his early years riding only as Bradley dean, adopted his fathers last name after a couple of seasons. As for these young lads I've not seen JPB or waj in the flesh but have watched Bradley over the years and he certainly is a racer, gives 110% even when its not exactly necessary, have seen him have some huge spills fighting for minor placings in nothing meetings.

Won his first New Zealand title at the age of 4 in motocross, again at 6 and then moved on to speedway as he got older. Certainly is a true born racer.

• Like 1