British Speedway Forum

Play Offs Should They Be Scrapped.?

stratton

YAWN YAWN are you happy now? you and your dad WItcher have bored the ass off me to death i finally comply with you even though you have not overwhelmingly won the case to be honest you and your dad Witcher are both muppets.!!

Dear me Sidney.

Did you notice the post earlier from Alan Jones.. the National League have abandoned the Gold Cup and brought back the playoffs.

There you go. Factual evidence, the system you and others wanted has been TRIED.. it has FAILED and they've gone back to something better.

Case well and truly closed.

The National League have dropped the Gold Cup and brought back play offs for next season.

Thanks Alan Jones.

That ends this debate.. the system some are clamouring for HAS been tried.. and deemed to have failed.

Dear me Sidney.

Did you notice the post earlier from Alan Jones.. the National League have abandoned the Gold Cup and brought back the playoffs.

There you go. Factual evidence, the system you and others wanted has been TRIED.. it has FAILED and they've gone back to something better.

Case well and truly closed.

Thanks Alan Jones.

That ends this debate.. the system some are clamouring for HAS been tried.. and deemed to have failed.

FACT ? in your own mind you are deluded, i recon your best bet is to except you have not PROVED a thing again as in most of your threads it is just your personal OPINION no real substance but you keep trying.
  • Like 1

Standard no reply and then the child like insults when you have loss the debate ...same old Sidney nothing changes .(awaits more insults that we have all heard before in his next post )

No insults never again you want me to do that but even as a child i would be happy to debate speedway with you pretty easy really.Now you plod on and ask your Dad Witcher your next move.

think you"l find he "ended the debate"

When Colin?

No insults never again you want me to do that but even as a child i would be happy to debate speedway with you pretty easy really.Now you plod on and ask your Dad Witcher your next move.

When Colin?

bw, couple msgs up, states "case closed" and "ends debate"..all meant to like this sport, yet

some try telling us what THEY believe is best. I have noticed us "oldies" are open to debate, yet the other ones like to dictate the debate.

FACT ? in your own mind you are deluded, i recon your best bet is to except you have not PROVED a thing again as in most of your threads it is just your personal OPINION no real substance but you keep trying.

Sidney, if you have a problem, take it up with the Elite League promoters.

While you are at it ask the Premier League promoters why they went BACK to the playoffs having tried your method of abandoning them.

Then, while you are at it ask the National League promoters who now have also returned to the playoffs.

Two leagues have tried what you want, both of them have realised the playoffs are better. Those are undeniable, stone cold, facts. Its real life. Reality. Not some warped make believe world you live in behind your keyboard.

Good Night, god bless.

bw, couple msgs up, states "case closed" and "ends debate"..all meant to like this sport, yet

some try telling us what THEY believe is best. I have noticed us "oldies" are open to debate, yet the other ones like to dictate the debate.

Correct, case is closed.

You wanted evidence that abandoning the playoffs don't work.

You've had it. Both the Premier League and National league abandoned them.. and have returned to them.

Standard no reply and then the child like insults when you have loss the debate ...same old Sidney nothing changes .(awaits more insults that we have all heard before in his next post )

That's bloody rich coming from you Penfold. :rofl: :rofl:

At least sidney has his own opinion. You, however, just seem to agree with whatever your ventriloquist (BW) says. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 2

That's bloody rich coming from you Penfold. :rofl: :rofl:

At least sidney has his own opinion. You, however, just seem to agree with whatever your ventriloquist (BW) says. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As i was saying when the debate is loss .

thank you for your superior knowledge..

My knowledge?

I haven't made the decision.

Ask yourself, why have the National League abandoned the Gold Cup and reverted to playoffs?

Why did the Premier League return to the playoffs after trialling a season without them?

Neither are under pressure from Sky.

Perhaps they're desperate to lose money??

There is no winner or loser here, nothing you have said has been backed up with hard financial evidence.

OK Sidney, one last try!!

We get you don't like the play off, neither does Ian, or DAC and a few others.

That is fine, it is entirely your choice.

There is hard evidence that the final generates £1000s for each participating team. Belle Vue probably had 3000 more than the normal gate, so assuming a normal gate at least breaks even then at £14.58 nett admission that put over £40,000 into the coffers. Likewise Poole and every finalist in years gone by.

That is undeniable but you assert that it is at the expense of crowds earlier in the season so I ask you again, why would this be?

In suggesting dropping the play offs what is your rationale that crowds earlier in the season would go up.

In my opinion fans are more likely to attend matches where the outcome matters, the match having some meaning so why, in your opinion would a match involving 5th and 6th place teams be more attractive under an old style league format. First place is still mega important with regard semi final opposition so why would their crowds be affected in the run to the season end. Wolves had to cram in a Belle Vue/Leicester double header with the outcome vital for the Aces, why would that match have had a better crowd with no play offs in place

I am not asking for a rant about "no right and wrong answers" just simply tell us your thinking. We all know speedway is in a mess and that crowds are not good so tell us how that would improve. It may be something blindingly obvious that myself, bwitcher, orion etc have all missed!!!.

So without a hissy fit just tell us why dropping play offs would benefit the sport

• Like 1

Not going to join the debate I see raging here as neither side is listening to the other.

I will simply say this.

I don't like play offs.

I find them unfair and boring.

This of course is coming from what many on here would consider an old man and therefore (apparently) not worthy of an opinion. So I will leave you with the words my 15 year old son (Happy Birthday son) has just uttered to me.

Dad I don't think I will go to speedway next year.

Why son.

I think play offs are stupid and I don't think it will be fun.

• Like 2

Not going to join the debate I see raging here as neither side is listening to the other.

I will simply say this.

I don't like play offs.

This of course is coming from what many on here would consider an old man and therefore (apparently) not worthy of an opinion. So I will leave you with the words my 15 year old son (Happy Birthday son) has just uttered to me.

Why son.

Course he did.

Why do people still do this cobblers with made up conversations.

It should be a bloke in the pub really you know who fell about laughing when you mentioned play offs

• Like 2

Why son.

:rofl: .No doubt if the play offs got taken way he would say ...Dad I really want to go to speedway . why son ? there a 3 v 4 place match and none of them can win anything or have anything to race for so I really want to go .

There is no winner or loser here, nothing you have said has been backed up with hard financial evidence.

Yet again no side can bring up any financial evidence because we will never be able to have both formats run at the same time in the same era so there no point bringing that up .

What can be used is common sense and logic and that is what people who liked the play offs have put forward ...when we ask you why crowds would be bigger without play offs you can find no answer so until you do yours points have zero value .

Edited by orion

I will simply say this.

I don't like play offs.

Why son.

many many like minded

I will simply say this.

I don't like play offs.

Why son.

Of all the most ridiculous arguments put forward this takes the biscuit..

"The playoffs are boring" :rofl:

Of course they are.

You can have your made up 15 year old son, but I'll trade in 3000 others who ONLY go to the playoff final. As evidenced at Belle Vue last year and others in years before.

many many like minded

No there aren't.

If there were why do you think the playoff final gets 4 x the gate of any other match..

Yet again no side can bring up any financial evidence because we will never be able to have both formats run at the same time in the same era so there no point bringing that up .

Actually we can.

Both the Premier League and National League got rid of the playoffs, realised their mistake and went back. They have access to the financial evidence and both have decided the playoffs are more viable.

Surely the PL and NL only brought the play offs back because of sky :rofl::rofl::rofl:

My son said to me he wants to go to speedway next year now the NL have brought back play offs. He says speedway is totally boring without them, a point everyone in the pub agreed with and there followed rapturous applause all round the vault on hearing the news

• Like 1