British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2016

Tom Perry was a 3.00 reserve at the beginning of the season, so he was a draft rider, no? So couldn't we have replaced Phillips with Perry and Rose with Morris? I know Perry signed for Berwick now, but could that have been done? Since Perry and Phillips are both draft riders? The the team could have been...

1. Steve Worrall 8.98

2. Victor Palovaara 5.49

3. Matej Kus 6.22

4. Ludvig Lindgren 7.37

5. Robert Lambert 8.30

6. Ashley Morris 4.37

7. Tom Perry 4.26

I don't know how good Tom Perry is around Brough but surely it would have been an upgrade of Phillips and that team looks waaay more than good enough to win the title

LR (5.86) + DP (3.00) = 8.86

AM (4.37) + TP (4.26) = 8.63

So the numbers would have added up

Again I'll repeat myself so no one gets grumpy :P I know Perry has now signed for Berwick, but would this have been possible? :)

Edit: Peterborough brought in Holub at 7, saying that Perry was their draft rider, so we could say Perry was our draft rider, if that makes sense??

I think you're not allowed to aggregate more than 1 riders average together and replace up to their combined average if the total team average is over 42.50, which this is.

• Like 1

Tom Perry was a 3.00 reserve at the beginning of the season, so he was a draft rider, no? So couldn't we have replaced Phillips with Perry and Rose with Morris? I know Perry signed for Berwick now, but could that have been done? Since Perry and Phillips are both draft riders? The the team could have been...

1. Steve Worrall 8.98

2. Victor Palovaara 5.49

3. Matej Kus 6.22

4. Ludvig Lindgren 7.37

5. Robert Lambert 8.30

6. Ashley Morris 4.37

7. Tom Perry 4.26

I don't know how good Tom Perry is around Brough but surely it would have been an upgrade of Phillips and that team looks waaay more than good enough to win the title

LR (5.86) + DP (3.00) = 8.86

AM (4.37) + TP (4.26) = 8.63

So the numbers would have added up

Again I'll repeat myself so no one gets grumpy :P I know Perry has now signed for Berwick, but would this have been possible? :)

Edit: Peterborough brought in Holub at 7, saying that Perry was their draft rider, so we could say Perry was our draft rider, if that makes sense??

changes have to be like for like - each rider under the average of the other.

If not the whole 7 has to come back under the 42.50 limit.

So not an option.

• Like 1

dont be daft.

It was rather a tongue-in-cheek remark!

If you don't include the Community Shield, it's actually a 9-9 draw as far as Wenger at Arsenal and George is concerned! Wenger 3 Lge titles and 6 FA Cups. George 1 League title, 1 League winners trophy, 1 play-off winners trophy, 2 KOC trophies, 1 Premier Trophy, 2 Premier Shield Trophies, 1 Prem Lge Cup trophy.

Either way, not a bad collection!

Edited by Steve Park

If you don't include the Community Shield, it's actually a 9-9 draw as far as Wenger at Arsenal and George is concerned! Wenger 3 Lge titles and 6 FA Cups. George 1 League title, 1 League winners trophy, 1 play-off winners trophy, 2 KOC trophies, 1 Premier Trophy, 2 Premier Shield Trophies, 1 Prem Lge Cup trophy.

i know it was, so was mine. But why would you not include the community shield, but include the premier shield though lol.... Plus hes won stuff at monaco and grampus eight of the top of my head :)

NEWS UPDATE.

Arsene Wenger to resign as Arsenal Association Football Club.

He has resigned in order to take up a Post as Manager/Head Coach at Newcastle Speedway.

When offered the position he was quoted as saying "I must get up there as soon as possible, so quickly indeed that they will think - my Arson fire".

:D :D :D:P

• Like 2

Difference is that you lose Morris you still have Victor and need cover for Morris. In the alternative arrangement if you lose Victor you have two missing out of 7 and need 2.

Might be ifs and buts, but this is what management do to cover more alternatives. The strongest permutation IS RR and Victor at 6, but with a massive risk if those ifs and buts come to fruition.

Not necessarily the strongest permutation in the long run. Lets assume for a minute that we have gone with this permutation and it is R/R and Victor at 6. Why has Victor dropped to 6. It's not because his average has dropped (5.49). It's because it hasn't gone up as quick as Lewis' has (5.86). We have three home meetings before 20 September and two away. Does it really matter if we win the home matches by say 60-30 (with Victor at 6) or 50-40 with Ashley Morris at 6. Not really. It MIGHT make a difference to getting a point or more in the away matches, but we should still make the play-offs.

Lewis's greensheet average is practically frozen now until the end of the season. VICTOR'S isn't. It is more than reasonable, especially as he has, in theory, some easier rides at 6, to assume that his average will continue to rise. It doesn't have to rise much to overtake Lewis again and that would put him back at number 2 from 1 October. Right when we are just getting into the playoffs / KOC semi. It would mean we would be looking for guests at number 6 for Lewis. We couldn't sign anybody else a guest it would have to be. October can be notoriously difficult to get decent guests. Teams not in the playoffs have generally shut up shop and a their riders packed up and, if they are foreigners, gone home. Playoff teams aren't going to be too keen to loan their riders out, and risk injury, to their playoff rivals.

Therefore, in my opinion, signing a replacement was a no brainer. Short term pain, very slight. Long term gain. A full team going into the playoffs is better than scratching around for lower order guests.

• Like 6

Not necessarily the strongest permutation in the long run. Lets assume for a minute that we have gone with this permutation and it is R/R and Victor at 6. Why has Victor dropped to 6. It's not because his average has dropped (5.49). It's because it hasn't gone up as quick as Lewis' has (5.86). We have three home meetings before 20 September and two away. Does it really matter if we win the home matches by say 60-30 (with Victor at 6) or 50-40 with Ashley Morris at 6. Not really. It MIGHT make a difference to getting a point or more in the away matches, but we should still make the play-offs.

Lewis's greensheet average is practically frozen now until the end of the season. VICTOR'S isn't. It is more than reasonable, especially as he has, in theory, some easier rides at 6, to assume that his average will continue to rise. It doesn't have to rise much to overtake Lewis again and that would put him back at number 2 from 1 October. Right when we are just getting into the playoffs / KOC semi. It would mean we would be looking for guests at number 6 for Lewis. We couldn't sign anybody else a guest it would have to be. October can be notoriously difficult to get decent guests. Teams not in the playoffs have generally shut up shop and a their riders packed up and, if they are foreigners, gone home. Playoff teams aren't going to be too keen to loan their riders out, and risk injury, to their playoff rivals.

Therefore, in my opinion, signing a replacement was a no brainer. Short term pain, very slight. Long term gain. A full team going into the playoffs is better than scratching around for lower order guests.

I thought about Victor coming into the team and R/R going to 6 but I didn't know if the averages changed now and couldn't be bothered to raise the point and another argument, so thanks :P:t:

Plus I was thinking if Victor was at 6 his average would go up quicker making it harder to fit him into the team for 2017 :) Victor and Ludvig at 3 and 4 for 2017?

Edited by Dandelion

i know it was, so was mine. But why would you not include the community shield, but include the premier shield though lol.... Plus hes won stuff at monaco and grampus eight of the top of my head :)

what about the Ian Thomas Shield, and countless Tyne-Tweed trophies ??? ;)

cracking post ,,,

You can't have R/R at 6.

I know, that's what I'm saying, Victor's average will go above the R/R average (Lewis' I assume) and R/R will go down to 6 on the averages, then meaning we'll have to bring in guests which would probably be riders weaker than Ashley, I am actually really happy that Ashley is a Diamond for the rest of 2016 and maybe if he does good he can book a place for 2017 too :t:

• Like 1

SUPPORTERS CLUB TRAVEL TO THE PLRC at Sheffield next Sunday.

Last chance to book your seats for the Supporters Club bus to the PLRC. For those who pay or have paid, for their tickets prior to the interval, plus new travellers paying as well, the draw will be held in the interval tomorrow, to see who has won the free seat. Some seats still available, so get in early for your chance to win the free seat.

• Like 1

SUPPORTERS CLUB TRAVEL TO THE PLRC at Sheffield next Sunday.

Last chance to book your seats for the Supporters Club bus to the PLRC. For those who pay or have paid, for their tickets prior to the interval, plus new travellers paying as well, the draw will be held in the interval tomorrow, to see who has won the free seat. Some seats still available, so get in early for your chance to win the free seat.

"It could be YOOOOUUUUUUUUU"!!

Quote: The National Lottery.

• 2 weeks later...

When is the KOC semi against Rye House being raced dont see any dates for either fixture

I presume there will be a lot of negotiations going on behind the scenes, but cannot be announced till the playoff draws and meetings are arranged.

I presume there will be a lot of negotiations going on behind the scenes, but cannot be announced till the playoff draws and meetings are arranged.

A didn't quite catch what George said re; forthcoming matches against Rye etc, with potentially 5 matches to fit in, in October,,, could we see a match the day after the Dinner Dance (that would be interesting),,, or will we see some kind of double headers ???

We could meet Glasgow or Somerset in both competitions, Glasgow being Sundays will pose a problem, or can they do Fridays, or other days ???

oh,,, and thats not including any inclement weather :(

Edited by ruffdiamond