British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2016

Does a PL team get priority over a draft rider? If so Newcastle would come first.

If the rule is the same as last year, if the rider is an asset of an EL team the EL team (doesn't have to be the team with whom he's an asset) has priority. Likewise if he's an asset of a PL club (again it doesn't have to be the team with whom he's an asset) the PL team would have priority.

• Like 1

If the rule is the same as last year, if the rider is an asset of an EL team the EL team (doesn't have to be the team with whom he's an asset) has priority. Likewise if he's an asset of a PL club (again it doesn't have to be the team with whom he's an asset) the PL team would have priority.

that all sounds straightforward enough,,,

Current possible clashes, dependant on start times:

Thursday 31 March: Redcar v Newcastle (Tyne Tees Trophy) & King's Lynn v Belle Vue (EL)

Monday 02 May: Scunthorpe v Newcastle (PL KOC 3pm) & Belle Vue v King's Lynn (EL 1pm)

Monday 30 May: Newcastle v Glasgow (PL) & Wolverhampton v King's Lynn (EL)

Monday 29 Aug: Scunthorpe v Newcastle (PL 3pm) & Wolverhampton v King's Lynn (EL 7:30pm)

Lewis Rose too? That could mean for the KL v Belle Vue matches we could be without three riders!

Lewis Rose too? That could mean for the KL v Belle Vue matches we could be without three riders!

That's a big chunk out maybe a rain off might be your best hope. What a state British speedway is in, all due to the stupid doubling system we have to put up with . Riders should be riding for one club only in this country,like it always used to be. I think the elite league are having to much say in rider availability . Premier league has a better product in my opinion which is being floored by elite league domination I also think it is time for the premier league to break away .

• Like 5

That's a big chunk out maybe a rain off might be your best hope. What a state British speedway is in, all due to the stupid doubling system we have to put up with . Riders should be riding for one club only in this country,like it always used to be. I think the elite league are having to much say in rider availability . Premier league has a better product in my opinion which is being floored by elite league domination I also think it is time for the premier league to break away .

Glad i'm not alone in my thoughts about the way the premier league is getting the thin edge of the wedge, it would be interesting to see how all supporters of teams from both leagues feel about this subject. It must be the only professional sport in this country that has such a senseless ruling of being able to use riders or otherwise for two different teams. Its known as pulling rank when big brother decides what is best for them and create mindless problems for the premier league clubs where they have progressed from. As there are 13 Premier league clubs and only 8 Elite league clubs how did the Elite league manage to change the rules to suit there needs , surely they all must have voted for this change which seems rather strange to me as the Premier league sides have a majority of five , so have the PL promoters shot there self in the foot , Obviously this change was made behind closed doors so we are never going to find out who voted for what but I do think these promoters should have the guts and hold there hands up and be accountable for there actions on on this subject

Surely the answer is for PL teams to use PL assets rather than scrounge from the EL?

Surely the answer is for PL teams to use PL assets rather than scrounge from the EL?

And when they are good enough for the Elite league are we supposed to give them away as your Edinburgh ex BSPA chairman once suggested as your teams cannot expect transfer fees for all there riders that want to leave as a guide line and yet insisted on a fee for Belle Vue bound Cook . Some example

• Like 3

Would there be enough assets of the PL teams to fill each team.

Probably not, not right away anyway.

But what can be carefully considered is to avoid using an EL club's assets if they are doubling with your PL club. For instance, Berwick are tracking five riders on loan this year, but none of them will be lost to the EL fixture-list.

Newcastle, on the other hand have chosen to use several who might be lost for certain fixtures. It is a matter of choice.

• Like 1

Probably not, not right away anyway.

But what can be carefully considered is to avoid using an EL club's assets if they are doubling with your PL club. For instance, Berwick are tracking five riders on loan this year, but none of them will be lost to the EL fixture-list.

Newcastle, on the other hand have chosen to use several who might be lost for certain fixtures. It is a matter of choice.

My point exactly!!

So getting back onto Newcastle team building does anyone know the time scale for arbitration happening

Date of arbitration doesn't really matter. The deal is done. It isn't as if Newcastle can back out if they don't like the price, because whatever the Tribunal decides is binding.

The longer it takes to issue a ruling would be to Newcastle's favour, as their cash-flow would benefit from not making an early pay-out.

Don't Peterborough do some Fridays too?

So that's over half the PL!!

And the other half are racing against them as visitors! Oh indeed, Mr Bennett - a no-brainer indeed!

Oh yeah? Elite take Thursday and Friday?

Too bad if your club is Edinburgh, Ipswich, Plymouth, Redcar, Sheffield or Somerset, you mean?

Aye, right!

Couldn't they just as easy take Mondays or Wednesday, where there is no regular PL racing, Friday would be a no go anyway as it would clash with SGP practice days.

• Like 1