British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2016

Hi Ruff, I know what you mean

Our first home match is now only what? 9 weeks away? Will Matej turn out for us on that date? If he does I hope he notches a max to make all this worthwhile! Now that I have got used to him possibly being a Newcastle Asset I am happy that he is the best available and I wish him well. Redcar fans do not appear to like him much but we are a different kettle of fish maybe he will be happier with us!!

Edited by dantodan
  • Like 1

I'm Redcar fan and me along with many other Redcar fans want rid of him, he didn't want to ride last season for us and it showed at the start of the season, he was dropping his average hoping to go back to Berwick but when they announced they may not ride in 2016, kus started scoring, not saying that's what happened but it's funny how he changed mid season, he was always fighting and arguing with team mates and was not a team man at all, never got involved and just kept himself to himself, he is a great rider on his day but clearly doesn't want to be at Redcar so havvy should just let him go

Think you will find Kus always started slowly and picke up later in the season

Hi Ruff, I know what you mean

Our first home match is now only what? 9 weeks away? Will Matej turn out for us on that date? If he does I hope he notches a max to make all this worthwhile! Now that I have got used to him possibly being a Newcastle Asset I am happy that he is the best available and I wish him well. Redcar fans do not appear to like him much but we are a different kettle of fish maybe he will be happier with us!!

dunno,,, maybe he will, but will some of us, after all he has got a reputation of 'a bit inconsistent',,, so sure he'll be in for some stick,,, I'd be happy for him to line up for us and see what happens :)

I'm Redcar fan and me along with many other Redcar fans want rid of him, he didn't want to ride last season for us and it showed at the start of the season, he was dropping his average hoping to go back to Berwick but when they announced they may not ride in 2016, kus started scoring, not saying that's what happened but it's funny how he changed mid season, he was always fighting and arguing with team mates and was not a team man at all, never got involved and just kept himself to himself, he is a great rider on his day but clearly doesn't want to be at Redcar so havvy should just let him go

I have always been of the opinion that Kus is not a team man. Think he is a bit of a loner. Saw a lot of Matej home and away in 2011,2012. Was always on his own. Agree that if his wish is for a move to our neighbours. Best thing, as it obvious wants away from Media Prima Arena.
  • Like 1

With the new take up of seats on the Belle Vue bus, we only have a few seats left, so if you want to go you need to get in quick. The fuller bus has allowed us to reduce the price by a couple of pounds now the minimum number has been achieved. In view of the need to pay for the bus next week, we are asking those who are going to either pay in full, or leave a decent deposit, prior to or on Monday night at the Race Night at the PTE Club. Malla's number is 079397191183.

Many thanks.

I have always been of the opinion that Kus is not a team man. Think he is a bit of a loner. Saw a lot of Matej home and away in 2011,2012. Was always on his own. Agree that if his wish is for a move to our neighbours. Best thing, as it obvious wants away from Media Prima Arena.

I always find Matej very quiet and shy. When he used to come up to Brough for second half practice, he was very mannerly and mixed with our supporters very well. I think you will see a new Matej this season when he has fitted in, and our fans forgiven him, for riding for that other team. :P

Will it still be called that this season ?

Could someone explain how Kus is a loner who never got involved but still managed to spend all of his time fighting and arguing with team mates?

I am going on my own observations. Never witnessed Matej arguing or fighting. He was on his own and did not mix with team members. I have only been to a handful of meetings since 2012, so if this is true. Must of been following seasons.

The answer to Tsunami's question. The Stadium name will remain for 2015, along with new team Sponsor, " S G Petch".

• Like 1

I am going on my own observations. Never witnessed Matej arguing or fighting. He was on his own and did not mix with team members. I have only been to a handful of meetings since 2012, so if this is true. Must of been following seasons.

The answer to Tsunami's question. The Stadium name will remain for 2015, along with new team Sponsor, " S G Petch".

But we are now riding in 2016!!

Could someone explain how Kus is a loner who never got involved but still managed to spend all of his time fighting and arguing with team mates?

A few times he has had to be dragged away from roynon and that's probably the closest thing to team bonding he done all season

A few times he has had to be dragged away from roynon and that's probably the closest thing to team bonding he done all season

I think a few riders will have had a bust up with Mr Roynan he has taken a few riders out in his career so far. Matej had two bust ups at Berwick with Vissing, mainly due to Vissing fencing him on the 2nd bend.

Race Night at the PTE Club on Monday 1st Feb 7.30 for 8.00pm

3 riders will now be in attendance, and possibly a special event !!! Can't wait for Monday.

Kus has always come across as a genuine guy always willing to sign autographs at Brough. Even after a very mediocre performance in which he thought was prob. his last meeting at Brough, he still had time to sign his picture for fans. Cant help but think that his Redcar demeanour was fuelled by management interference and a lack of trust from all parties. Since our Promoters have a history of loyalty to riders who actually try, it seems reasonable to believe that we should see a Berwick like version of Kus. Maybe even the form which won him the Czech GP wild card of 2012ish? Here's hoping.

• Like 2

Kus has always come across as a genuine guy always willing to sign autographs at Brough. Even after a very mediocre performance in which he thought was prob. his last meeting at Brough, he still had time to sign his picture for fans. Cant help but think that his Redcar demeanour was fuelled by management interference and a lack of trust from all parties. Since our Promoters have a history of loyalty to riders who actually try, it seems reasonable to believe that we should see a Berwick like version of Kus. Maybe even the form which won him the Czech GP wild card of 2012ish? Here's hoping.

Always good to take on a rider when they have something to prove. The mistake some promoters make is to retain that rider when he has proved the point, the trick is to drop that rider, then find another rider who has something to prove.

• Like 1

I "note the notion" that Mr Kus is a loner who picks fights. He's a bit of a Clint Eastwood then eh? Nah I doubt he is that bad but it seems Redcar will be happy to sell him to us at an inflated price. If he was that bad he should be a bargain basement item to get rid! I doubt he is that bad.

If we sign him and he proves difficult Super Swede and Team Captain "Lightning Bolt" will have to calm him down and help him fit in at Brough.

Are we really being forced to wait until March to hear whether a fee can be agreed! The people involved in making this decision must be

Incredibly busy for it to take this long :shock:

Edited by dantodan

I "note the notion" that Mr Kus is a loner who picks fights. He's a bit of a Clint Eastwood then eh? Nah I doubt he is that bad but it seems Redcar will be happy to sell him to us at an inflated price. If he was that bad he should be a bargain basement item to get rid! I doubt he is that bad.

If we sign him and he proves difficult Super Swede and Team Captain "Lightning Bolt" will have to calm him down and help him fit in at Brough.

Are we really being forced to wait until March to hear whether a fee can be agreed! The people involved in making this decision must be

Incredibly busy for it to take this long :shock:

It's set by the procedure set out in the rules John. If there is stalemate with an agreed price, the Arbitration kicks in and makes a decision binding on both clubs.

• Like 1

It's set by the procedure set out in the rules John. If there is stalemate with an agreed price, the Arbitration kicks in and makes a decision binding on both clubs.

unless he rides for edinburgh , then the rules go out the winodw .

• Like 2