British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2016

I don't really know what the nitty gritty of the Kus transfer is but I suspect it is financial with us offering X pounds and Havelock wanting X plus more! Just how much is the balance?? I do not know and It is no-ones business apart from the two promotions what the figures are. I suspect it will not be thousands of pounds so are we in stalemate for the sake of of few hundred quid?

I have already said I don't particulary want Matej Kus as I think he will frustrate us at times but if he is now the best available, a 7 plus rider then we need to get him signed and give Havvy his pound of flesh unless we are so skint we can't pay more. I would love to know how much/what the financial stumbling block is.

Speaking of Brian Havelock do you remember him and Graeme Stapleton coming to blows at Brough! I blamed hot headed Stape at the time for the punch up but maybe Havvy asked for it and hasn't improved his attitude since

Edited by dantodan
  • Like 1

I don't really know what the nitty gritty of the Kus transfer is but I suspect it is financial with us offering X pounds and Havelock wanting X plus more! Just how much is the balance?? I do not know and It is no-ones business apart from the two promotions what the figures are. I suspect it will not be thousands of pounds so are we in stalemate for the sake of of few hundred quid?

I have already said I don't particulary want Matej Kus as I think he will frustrate us at times but if he is now the best available, a 7 plus rider then we need to get him signed and give Havvy his pound of flesh unless we are so skint we can't pay more. I would love to know how much/what the financial stumbling block is.

Speaking of Brian Havelock do you remember him and Graeme Stapleton coming to blows at Brough! I blamed hot headed Stape at the time for the punch up but maybe Havvy asked for it and hasn't improved his attitude since

Perhaps it is time the powers that be set prices for the sale of a rider, x amount for a 3 to 5 ave , x amount for a 6 to 7 ave and a final price for an 8 and above . It would certainly stop all the stupidity of as asking 20k for a rider knowing nobody would pay it in the first place,

Edited by To The Point

Perhaps it is time the powers that be set prices for the sale of a rider, x amount for a 3 to 5 ave , x amount for a 6 to 7 ave and a final price for an 8 and above . It would certainly stop all the stupidity of as asking 20k for a rider knowing nobody would pay it in the first place,

But wouldn't the price of an 18 year old with a 6 average be far higher than a 38 year old with a 6 average? It can't be that clear cut.

One minute you say it`s no-ones business apart from the 2 promotions what the figures are-and in the next breath say you would love to know how much/what the stumbling block is !!!!!!

But wouldn't the price of an 18 year old with a 6 average be far higher than a 38 year old with a 6 average? It can't be that clear cut.

You are right, however a free for all is not helpful. When a club puts a figure of 20k plus on a 7 point PL rider, it's not about the money, it's about blocking the rider from wanting to move to another club. A simple financial system as part of the rules needs to be impemented, perhaps a sub group on the BSPA to set the price for a rider.

You are right, however a free for all is not helpful. When a club puts a figure of 20k plus on a 7 point PL rider, it's not about the money, it's about blocking the rider from wanting to move to another club. A simple financial system as part of the rules needs to be impemented, perhaps a sub group on the BSPA to set the price for a rider.

Or maybe just a bit of common sense.

Bottom line Havvy is just being a plonker,if Kus is not wanting to ride for Redcar what's the point of slapping a transfer on him when virtually every other team in the league just agree loan fees .Dont see other promotions doing him any favours regarding riders if that is always going to be his attitude.

What is it now though, about 11 weeks until the start of the season, at what point do English et al just say f**k it and move to option B assuming they have one. I agree with most Havelock is just being a prick and he has form for this. Hopefully it gets sorted soon and we get what we want.

Edited by diamond@heart

What is it now though, about 11 weeks until the start of the season, at what point do English et al just say f**k it and move to option B assuming they have one. I agree with most Havelock is just being a prick and he has form for this. Hopefully it gets sorted soon and we get what we want.

Why move on to plan B if there is one. That would be totally unfair to Kus and probably he would not get another ride with the exception of riding for the team he wants a transfer from, and riding on Havvy's terms. Newcastle always look after riders and we will buy him, or go for a loan in March as was stated before.

6.3.1 A Promotion shall be permitted three (3) months to negotiate a transfer, except that if a request is made out of season, the Promotion shall have until 1 st March to effect a transfer, provided the Promoter has a minimum of three (3) months.

6.3.2 Thereafter the Rider may apply to the SCB for settlement by arbitration.

6.3.3 The SCB shall decide if it is in the best interests of the sport that the Rider be transferred and consider so far as is possible, the wishes of the Rider and the transfer fee.

• Like 1

Why move on to plan B if there is one. That would be totally unfair to Kus and probably he would not get another ride with the exception of riding for the team he wants a transfer from, and riding on Havvy's terms. Newcastle always look after riders and we will buy him, or go for a loan in March as was stated before.

I totally agree it would be unfair to Kus and he had to do the same when Havvy did this with Berwick. If Havvy is not going to move and wants to sell the rider for a value way above what Newcastle value him at (only assuming that to be the case), I can't think that we would bankrupt ourselves for the sake of it. I had assumed that Havvy was saying that selling was the only option and he was not interested in loaning his rider?

From what I can read Kus really wants to rider for Newcastle instead of Redcar but that only puts Havvy in a stronger position as he knows that for both parties (Ncle and Kus) to get what they want someone is going to profit it from it and he is hoping it will be him. We will have to wait and see, but this just seems to be the same thing that Redcar and Berwick had a while back and we know how that ended, lets hope history does not repeat. Is Havvy likely to say, if your not riding for me your not riding for anyone???

Edited by diamond@heart
  • Like 1

Yes it is only the business of the two promotions involved, but I fail to see how you can 'suppose' and trivialise it by saying "it's probably only a few hundreds of pounds". I can tell you it will be many thousands and that is a very significant amount, hence the need to go to Arbitration.

• Like 1

if any deal for Kus cannot be met,,, who else is available, so maybe any plan b may result in a secret 7.00 pt assessed rider ??? ;)

if any deal for Kus cannot be met,,, who else is available, so maybe any plan b may result in a secret 7.00 pt assessed rider ??? ;)

You. Get your Chopper out.

• Like 1

I think Leicester paid Belle Vue the sum of £20,000 for Mark Courtney in the early 1980's!! What do you reckon is its equivalent would be today??

You're thinking's a bit off. Belle Vue, having taken Mark from Leicester after the Lions closed before the start of 1984 then sold him on to King's Lynn a year or two later for, I believe £15K.

After King's Lynn, his next club was Newcastle, in 1987.

Edited by Positive Thinker