British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2016

Happy with the two signings Aarnio earned his spot end of last season big part of our improved home form. He gives the team options as he can ride as decent second string on low average which could to save points elsewhere, or big scoring reserve like last season. Steve has made big improvement last season so coming back this season was a must. Look forward to hearing the other 5 signings.

Wonder what the odds on Bjarne pedersen returning are?

No longer a world class rider but would clean up in the pl and be unbeatable around newcastle imo and would be on a decent average too?

I think if Ludvig starts 3rd in the averages( that's if he's being considered) and away from the number 1 or 3 bib I think he could surprise quite a few. No mention of Kerr,Rosen,Rose and Nielsen other that they couldn't make the dinner dance. Think it was said Rose was working in Ireland, Kerr had been to some motorsport event and with Jessie now heavily pregnant didn't make the journey. Nielsen and Rosen sent their apologies also.

Think he will be elsewhere next year, John.

Ah what a blow if Richie isn't back with us in 2016 so go out there George and get us a rider better than Richie!! then we can accept missing out on him

Would like to see 2-3 new faces as has shown in recent seasons some of the current squad seem to have gone stale,it's maybe time they dispensed with Lindgren and loaned him out maybe? I agree that Terro and Steve are a good start to the squad,Andre Compton wouldn't be a bad bet if he could be reserve as for firepower well, wouldn't Bjarrne Pedersen or Kenneth Bjerre be a major coup for the PL ,??

Any idea why these announcements are not on the official website, or are the treating us like mushrooms again and keeping us in the dark!!!

Be interested to hear who these two names being banded about are and why Richie has decided not to ride with his brother next year as indicated at the Diamonds meeting.

Would like to see 2-3 new faces as has shown in recent seasons some of the current squad seem to have gone stale,it's maybe time they dispensed with Lindgren and loaned him out maybe? I agree that Terro and Steve are a good start to the squad,Andre Compton wouldn't be a bad bet if he could be reserve as for firepower well, wouldn't Bjarrne Pedersen or Kenneth Bjerre be a major coup for the PL ,??

Three thoughts:

1. In my view Ludde is as close as there is to a "heart and soul" of Newcastle Speedway at the moment (on the track, obviously). Sometimes it looks as though he is trying so hard, it hurts. He may not be Craig Cook but he's fine by me; let him skipper the team from #4.

2. Time catches up with all of us (me included!) and the Andre of today isn't the swashbuckling rider who was my elder son's hero when he was our #3 (I'm looking at a photo of them now, which is still on my office wall). Look at Compo's scores round Brough recently - my heart would love to see him back, but I'm not sure it would be the best move.

3. Bjarne or Kenneth would be brilliant signings but I imagine both will have contracts in Poland and would be unaffordable anyway. Great memories of Bjarne and Robbo's "job share" - many years ago, now.

• Like 1

because a certain team has millionaires as owners .. Allegedly

Just a rumour that he was heading to Glasgow he is now being linked to Edinburgh because he's staying with Sedgemen in Aus 2 plus 2 and all that.

Still wouldn't rule him out with a return to the Diamonds.

Would love robbo back...and a dream team of...

Steve

Aarnio

Robbo

Covatti

Barker

Ellis

3 pointer

Just fits i think :)

would defo have Covatti and Barker in there,,,

How about,,,

Steve

Richie