British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2016

Cannot see Paco ,David, Andre back next year to be honest don't think they have done enough this year, Ash having a year out i believe after his interview at talking tigers last month, think you might see a totally different side this year as lets be fair they have not won anything so why would you keep the same team only really think Josh and Jason deserve another go and see if Steady riding again

agree with two of them but I believe Bellego should be considered for 2016, that crash at Rye must have been hell and he's done well to come back.

I would like to see Arthur return next year as IMO he showed real potential. Even if the reserves position is changed he could be included at number 2 and then his average would allow team building to include at least two 'big hitters' at 1 & 5. Although Damien Bates has said that they won't do anything to jeopardise the future of the club in building a team for next year, which suggests they won't be splashing the cash too much!

Stead, Garrity & Bates must be certain starters for Sheffield, with Sissis likely depending on the reserve situation. Got the makings of a good team in my opinion if they sign.

Generally agree, but what's the view on Stead being a big risk? Coming in on a 10+ average, after the knock he's had at Rye House who's to say he can maintain his own high standard? Could be he'll struggle next season. Kurtz might be a safer bet for no.1.

Could be that Stead may not start the season but ease himself back after such a big injury ,I have no info just a feeling he may need a little time and not come back( although some doubt he will return after two big injuries in as many years ) all guns blazing.I hope he returns fully fit and the rider he was but it is a big "ask" and after such along layoff may be more than a little rusty ,I would like to see Kurtz at no1 myself if i were in charge .

Definitely be Josh I reckon as well.

Steady uncertain due to his recovery not going as well as expected.

By the looks of the Sky B/V v Poole Simon is keen for a future as a model or a manikin!!! Seriously Guys & Gals Simon would bring a refreshing change to the existing Sky speedway team ohhh ohhhh ohhhhh.

I would like to see Kurtz at no1 myself if i were in charge .

Brady is a difficult one, he has been awesome around Sheffield this season for the most part, but some of his scores at the Oak Tree and on the road haven't been great, whereas a fit Steady is pretty much good for double figures everywhere he goes. That said, Brady is only 18 (?) and clearly has more talent on a bike in his little finger than I will ever have and so wouldn't be unhappy to have him

I don't think Steady will ride next season unless he is 100% fit. I bet he will do a few laps at Scunny just to make sure he feels ok and can still do the business on the bike. I hope it all works out, then he can show them who is the top guy in the Premier.

• Like 1

I am not sure if this is still the case but did hear recently that Sissis may be giving up Speedway again to go back to road racing as has been offered a position in a TT series team doing the IOM and the endurance races

Not heard anything about that, but then again not heard much about Arthur since his injury.

I am not sure if this is still the case but did hear recently that Sissis may be giving up Speedway again to go back to road racing as has been offered a position in a TT series team doing the IOM and the endurance races

I heard he was riding for Swindon at Oxford.

I may be wrong but I believe that Brady is a Poole asset. So I would think that if he were to move anywhere it would be there. I think that his many appearances for Sheffield were due to his conections with Peter Mole. But like many others I think that on some nights he was worth the admission money on his own. So a big thankyou for all you did for us this year Brady.