British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2016

Seems strange that given this is a blank Thursday at Sheffield and Ipswich have no meeting (original reserved date in list) that the previous rained off fixture wasnt slotted in at Foxhall tonight.

Edit - just seen Nico and Paco in SEC qualifiers and Lewi at Swindon. Those 3 missing probably the reason then!

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

It is a curiosity that 2 or 3 years ago (at least that is what it feels like) there was a meeting every single week from March to September more or less without exception, now most tracks are done save for the play offs by the end of August with several blank spaces in between. The number of tracks lost doesn't seem to equate to the number of fixtures lost.

It is a curiosity that 2 or 3 years ago (at least that is what it feels like) there was a meeting every single week from March to September more or less without exception, now most tracks are done save for the play offs by the end of August with several blank spaces in between. The number of tracks lost doesn't seem to equate to the number of fixtures lost.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: "Thursday nights are for speedway, not Eastenders".

The promoters' conference should go for a league policy of facing each team twice at home and twice away, with a single cup competition and do away with play-offs altogether. This would guarantee every team a 27 match season at least.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: "Thursday nights are for speedway, not Eastenders".

The promoters' conference should go for a league policy of facing each team twice at home and twice away, with a single cup competition and do away with play-offs altogether. This would guarantee every team a 27 match season at least.

looking back at 2006, 33 matches at Owlerton that year. Gradual decrease since then, never heard any explanation as to why. In view of the deceasing number of matches, not surprising so many riders want (need) to double up.

Wonder when Garrity will be replaced?

I'm confused. Why would Garrity be replaced?

He's scoring around his average or above most meetings.

Scores so far this season:

Home: 10, 7, 8, 5

Away: 8, 7, 7, 9, 9, 11, 14

Very impressive and that has been with him having bike problems as well.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...