British Speedway Forum

Posf2 Poole V Coventry

Jacques

It's fairly obvious that a precedent has been set.

Next season when Belle Vue visit Leicester there will be an announcement that Zagar won't be riding because he is worried about someone he knows and Doyle (who has moved to Swindon) will guest.

If anyone wants details then they will be simply told that it's none of their business.

Of course there are several reasons why it might not happen exactly like that.

Yep as long as a doctors certificate is obtained. I for one won't be looking for all the morbid details.

It's fairly obvious that a precedent has been set.

Next season when Belle Vue visit Leicester there will be an announcement that Zagar won't be riding because he is worried about someone he knows and Doyle (who has moved to Swindon) will guest.

If anyone wants details then they will be simply told that it's none of their business.

Of course there are several reasons why it might not happen exactly like that.

Yeah but BV will get a fine for doing exactly what Poole did the season before. Just like they did a few years ago!

To everyone who is still grizzling about this.

You are not entitled to, or owed an explanation on the details of Rod's accident. End of story.

However, you should think about taking off the tin foil hat and getting out more, you're acting like a knob.

Edited by home straight
  • Like 1

Yep as long as a doctors certificate is obtained. I for one won't be looking for all the morbid details.

But in this case, there are no morbid details whatsoever. That's the difference.

The reality is here, and we all know it, if a rider truly has some genuinely terrible news that rules him out for personal reasons, an honest club, and a rider with some stones, would actually say something a damn sight more truthful than this lot.

• Like 3

But in this case, there are no morbid details whatsoever. That's the difference.

The reality is here, and we all know it, if a rider truly has some genuinely terrible news that rules him out for personal reasons, an honest club, and a rider with some stones, would actually say something a damn sight more truthful than this lot.

Dak's dad has remained in hospital for an awful long time bad was STILL in hospital when Dak finally got home.

How much more of the truth do you need?

To stay in hospital that long indicates it's quite a life changing accident.

As for no news of what actually happened, who's business is it to know?

Most certainly not Speedway fans!

• Like 3

Dak's dad has remained in hospital for an awful long time bad was STILL in hospital when Dak finally got home.

How much more of the truth do you need?

To stay in hospital that long indicates it's quite a life changing accident.

As for no news of what actually happened, who's business is it to know?

Most certainly not Speedway fans!

The length of stay in hospital isn't relative to seriousness of anything whatsover..

And to a point, you are correct, its no one's business to know, but while the ambiguity is there, i still am convinced of Poole's cheating, which given the bigger picture was probably unnecessary anyway.

• Like 1

The length of stay in hospital isn't relative to seriousness of anything whatsover..

And to a point, you are correct, its no one's business to know, but while the ambiguity is there, i still am convinced of Poole's cheating, which given the bigger picture was probably unnecessary anyway.

With all due respect that is your opinion and one which it is clear a number of other posters share. I'm not going to argue with an opinion as we all have one.

However, to expect Dak, Dak's family or Poole to release full details of North Snr's medical condition just to appease those opinions is unrealistic.

I totally understand the suspicion of course.

To everyone who is still grizzling about this.

You are not entitled to, or owed an explanation on the details of Rod's accident. End of story.

However, you should think about taking off the tin foil hat and getting out more, you're acting like a knob.

But Poole are cheats! Just accept it!

And I think what needs to be accepted here is whether right or wrong 1) This topic should have been buried long gone just like the result and 2) Poole made the final and won it, finished top of the league regardless hence dread me saying it 'Are the best team in the league'.

Can't see it happening again surely.

Edited by Joe Beevers

Depends on your definition of long term hospitalisation.

So sorry but I'm right.

Firstly, i didn't say long term hospitalisation, i said "length of stay in hospital isn't relative to seriousness of anything whatsoever"

If i really have to prove a point, here goes:

Male, 21, Breaks multiple vertebrae in back.

Male, 20, Broken leg.

Who gets the longer stay in hospital ?

Edited by The Doctor...

Firstly, i didn't say long term hospitalisation, i said "length of stay in hospital isn't relative to seriousness of anything whatsoever"

If i really have to prove a point, here goes:

Male, 21, Breaks multiple vertebrae in back.

Male, 20, Broken leg.

Who gets the longer stay in hospital ?

And if man who breaks leg has complications that results in a length stay?

Example (true story)

Diabetes is usually a well controlled issue that may require a short time in hospital to stabilise.

One man in his 30's is currently in hospital for his 2nd month due to serious stability issues.

Point - ANY medical issue/health related problem can cause a 'long stay in hospital'.

The length of stay can indicate the seriousness of that particular issue. So your example of a black and white case tells a very small point.

Length of stay is often associated with serious ongoing problems.

And if man who breaks leg has complications that results in a length stay?

Example (true story)

Diabetes is usually a well controlled issue that may require a short time in hospital to stabilise.

One man in his 30's is currently in hospital for his 2nd month due to serious stability issues.

Point - ANY medical issue/health related problem can cause a 'long stay in hospital'.

The length of stay can indicate the seriousness of that particular issue. So your example of a black and white case tells a very small point.

Length of stay is often associated with serious ongoing problems.

Lordy.. i grant you that's a well researched reply. However it's really not as clear cut as that in the real world.

You said to stay in hospital that long shows it was quite a life changing accident. That was the state of play from the get go. The length of his stay doesnt have any relevance to it being life changing or not.

How do you know that rod has been in hospital all this time /

he could of course been there for a check up.........and dak went with him.....

I'm glad you brought that up first. Take a good look at the pic and you see plenty of things that raise questions..

However, of course, we aren't allowed to ask that kinda thing.

Lordy.. i grant you that's a well researched reply. However it's really not as clear cut as that in the real world.

You said to stay in hospital that long shows it was quite a life changing accident. That was the state of play from the get go. The length of his stay doesnt have any relevance to it being life changing or not.

In the real world of medicine (which I know extremely well from an educated point of view) nothing is ever really that clear cut.

In reference to the length of stay for Dak's dad in hospital there must be an assumption that there is a life changing element to his injury. That is only by piecing together some of the information that we know or assume to be true.

We don't know any true relevance of Dak's dad's injury so that's a sweeping statement to make.

ANY length of stay in hospital is in itself life changing.