British Speedway Forum

Posf2 Poole V Coventry

Jacques

No 'we' are not, so don't you invent things. Compassionate leave, stress related,etc, in any industry or sport has always been available when certified by a medical person. Get over it.

and there in lies the problem that over 100 pages in and people , despite being told loads of times, still cant get. So in capitals for you:

YOU DONT HAVE A MEDICAL CERTIFICATE FOR COMPASSIONATE LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!

nice link

compassionate leave can be taken for a death or life threatening illness or injury then? Hmm not sure Mr North senior had either of those.

also states 2 days as well.

sure North had 3 (saturday, sunday, monday)

anyways as we all knew Poole fiddled the rule to suit themselves

For those that are being completely ignorant to the facts...Dak was NOT given a medical certificate by a medical professional for compassionate leave, he was considered by - and I'll say it yet again - a medical professional to be mentally unfit to ride! Is that so hard to comprehend?

Now let this one rest for pity's sake as life has moved on.

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 3

For those that are being completely ignorant to the facts...Dak was NOT given a medical certificate by a medical professional for compassionate leave, he was considered by - and I'll say it yet again - a medical professional to be mentally unfit to ride! Is that so hard to comprehend?

So you're now saying that an illegal guest facility was used. Interesting. Wrong, but interesting...

I wonder if was the same medic that signed Joe Screen as unfit to ride at Swindon the night before he got an 18 point maximum in Denmark.?

So has he visited a medical professional since?

Can this guy also provide me with the lottery numbers as he knows what things days in advance!

...and if you don't have a medical certificate for an absent rider then you don't have a facility.

Which was why I said you would need a medical note or alternative agreement like permission from the SCB, to justify the absence. In cases of compassionate leave, stress, anxiety,etc, it has to be a fair assessment given the circumstances. Not by majority from some BSF's voting on it.

So has he visited a medical professional since?

Can this guy also provide me with the lottery numbers as he knows what things days in advance!

What things days in advance. What the hell language is that.. Perhaps you should make an appointment to see a shrink..

Probably the same medic who said josh Grajczonek needed compassionate leave maybe?

Case a: Rider directly involved in a crash where another rider is almost killed, spends 20 mins on track while they battle to save his life. The very next night he doesn't feel ready to race again yet.. at THAT time he is signed off. His team are weakened as a result.

Case b: Out of form rider hears that his Dad has had an accident and hurt his hand, continues to race. Then decides that in 3 days time he's not going to be mentally able to ride.. his team are strengthened as a result.

There is no comparison.

What things days in advance. What the hell language is that.. Perhaps you should make an appointment to see a shrink..

It's called Starman language.

Doing my best to learn it.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Case a: Rider directly involved in a crash where another rider is almost killed, spends 20 mins on track while they battle to save his life. The very next night he doesn't feel ready to race again yet.. at THAT time he is signed off. His team are weakened as a result.

Case b: Out of form rider hears that his Dad has had an accident and hurt his hand, continues to race. Then decides that in 3 days time he's not going to be mentally able to ride.. his team are strengthened as a result.

There is no comparison.

I agree there is no comparison between the two. May I just point out that you don't know it's a hand injury, a good source is hardly Gospel now is it. But says a lot that you will believe a good source when it suits your argument. Had a poole fan quoted a good source you know what your reaction would have been. It may well turn out to be a hand injury but until you know for sure how can you quote it as a fact based on a 'good source'.

There is no comparison.

There is a comparison because both had a facility for same reason. Different reasons naturally.

• Like 1

I agree there is no comparison between the two. May I just point out that you don't know it's a hand injury, a good source is hardly Gospel now is it. But says a lot that you will believe a good source when it suits your argument. Had a poole fan quoted a good source you know what your reaction would have been. It may well turn out to be a hand injury but until you know for sure how can you quote it as a fact based on a 'good source'.

I'd believe anything the Doctor posted over any spin from Poole!

Edited by Jacques

There is no comparison.

If anyone bothers to read the Peter Oakes article (that's Peter Oakes formerly with connections at Coventry), Dak's poor performance on the Friday was affected at that time by the knowledge that 'his father was undergoing a 12 hour operation following a serious industrial accident involving a toppled crane in the quarry where he works'. Nothing was known for definite how seriously injured his father was at that time (whether it turns out to be his arm/hand or something more) or what the outcome of the surgery was likely to be. He sought medical advice for the stress, worry and anxiety at that time, which was granted.

I do understand that you often have a 'Poole can do no right' opinion, but on this occasion at least get your facts right!

Edited by Skidder1

Well you've heard it hear first golf is the new cure of stress.

The thing is compassionate leave doesn't require a sick note.

Don't need to read it on here at all. Getting out and being busy, is strongly recommended to people who need to take their minds off other things, which might be someones death, injury, depression, anxiety, etc. Of course it if doesn't fit your prior bias you will not accept it.

BTW Had any news on getting that evidence to prove that YOU did not LIE when you said "Dak's Dad is fit and well" Thought not LIAR. :P

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3