British Speedway Forum

Posf2 Poole V Coventry

Jacques

I guess for me it'll become clear if Dak rides on Monday. On one hand it means his Dad's injuries (thankfully) weren't as bad as we were led to believe but on the other hand it means Poole have cheated again which isn't in the best interests of UK speedway.

Pardon the pun.

The irony of starman never fails to please .

I feel your statement is despicable.

No matter what the truth of the situation There seems very little thought for a son about his father.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the replacement it did not alter the result.

What I do notice however, it is the same people who are keeping this going.

As always, the Poole mafia try to introduce red herrings and spurious claims to try to deflect attention from the real issues.

Just to be clear, nobody has claimed Coventry would have won, that is irrelevant. Cheating is an attempt to gain an unfair advantage, totally against the spirit of the sport and the fact that it may not have affected the result is neither here nor there.

Nobody has said a son shouldn't have concern for his father,, but as yet the severity or otherwise of the injury is unconfirmed so we don't know how justified the "compassionate leave is, but integrity is important and it would be wrong for this to be done for relatively flippant reasons .Tai and Emil are two riders that carried on riding through the terminal illnesses of their fathers, others have carried on through divorces and all kinds of difficult and traumatic personal situations. Put all that against Fords past record and fans are entitied to show concern and discuss.

As for keeping the thread going I can only refer you to the headline comments on Middleditch 's Twiiter which reads These opinions are my own , if you don't like them don't read them.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 6

so what is a life changing hand injury? Losing fingers? Losing the hand?

ok so we know it was a bad injury but if the stories are true that is was a serious hand injury is that seriously enough to stop Dakota North from going out to ride his speedway bike on the Monday night 72 hours after he heard the news??

I know in my job i would be allowed to visit my relative in such a situation but would i be allowed time off for a week compassionate leave? Not a cat in hells chance

The more information we hear the worse that keeps getting for Poole speedway.

Gavan hold on a minute, I have been very vocal on this subject and received a lot of abuse but you are missing the point a bit. An employer is entitled to give any amount of paid or unpaid compassionate depending on how they view the circumstances. I will give you an example I had a major back operation about five years ago and my wife's company gave her compassionate leave to help me after surgery, now this was planned not an unforeseen accident. So as I said Matt ford could give him any amount of time off if he so chose to do so and there is no issue with that at all. The issue is the need for a doctors note and clearly there is no requirement for one as compassionate leave is at the employers discretion. So as I have said before the only person who required a doctors note was Matt Ford.

If rumours are true and it's a hand injury then there was no reason why North couldn't have ridden in the Semi final second leg!

Where are you getting Hand injury from ?

If my dad was not in a good way, I would request leave to focus on him and getting my own head together...

Nothing wrong with that I would suggest....

Where, in this instance, the fans seem to lack compassion is not about North I would suggest but more about a real unease at Poole's liberal historical use of the rules to their advantage...

Maybe this situation is/was 100% genuine, and if so best wishes to the North family, however there now is a little bit of 'the boy who cried wolf' about the Pirates which leaves an uneasy taste in many fans' mouths...

To be fair to any team though, if you can get away with anything that gives you an advantage because a toothless governing body allows you to do it, then why not try it....?

Edited by mikebv

Or you can prove it's a hand injury?

Anyone can say a good source told me...

I said well placed source. There's a difference.

And as i said before, i really hope its not true.

I still cant understand why they even brought up the length of the operation as some kind of justification in their statements.

Unless of course, it was to suit them and their agenda - i broke my back in 2000 and needed a one hour operation - if i was riding for Poole, would Ford have mentioned the injury or the operation length ?

• Like 1

Would someone please ask Matt Ford what Dak's father's injury is so this one can be put to bed ...... or not!

You'd have thought that Ford would be aware of how suspicious fans are of him and just be upfront about the injury!

There's been talk that taking Eddie's scoring away wouldn't have made a difference to the win, oh yes it would, the races would have been different, the mindset different, nobody can say what the outcome would have been!

• Like 2

I

To be fair to any team though, if you can get away with anything that gives you an advantage because a toothless governing body allows you to do it, then why not try it....?

Because it goes against the basic ethos and basic characteristics of sport and goes against the spirit of fair competition that makes for an attractive form of entertainment that the public pay to watch.

Every time there is cheating or even a sniff of cheating, especially in the play offs, there is another nail in the coffin, and this is one of the reasons why crowds are dropping..

• Like 2

Anyone wants to know about Dak's father's injuries ask Dak himself. He's on twitter and Facebook you know.

Go on then, what you waiting for?

OK here goes ....

Done .....

Got a reply, he's not saying! Wish I hadn't asked mind!

Edited by Trees
  • Like 3

Would someone please ask Matt Ford what Dak's father's injury is so this one can be put to bed ...... or not!

You'd have thought that Ford would be aware of how suspicious fans are of him and just be upfront about the injury!

There's been talk that taking Eddie's scoring away wouldn't have made a difference to the win, oh yes it would, the races would have been different, the mindset different, nobody can say what the outcome would have been!

Would Matt Ford give a truthfull answer or would make one up ?