British Speedway Forum

Posf2 Poole V Coventry

Jacques

Its gone very very quiet from the Poole fans since (allegedly) it appears North snr has sustained only a hand injury (all be it quite nasty)

My mum fell over in her garden back in April and suffered a punctured lung and a cracked rib. I left work straightaway to go see her but dont remember having to have a week off work to deal with it.

Part of me actually hopes my info is wrong..

Hope your mum has mended without any aggro.

Part of me actually hopes my info is wrong..

Hope your mum has mended without any aggro.

i hope its wrong as otherwise the words of every Poole fan on here can be taken back because if it is only a hand injury then Poole have cheated, because from the Friday to the Monday would have been plenty of time for North to be told the seriousness of the injury.

My mum is fine now thank you for asking, i was using it to highlight my point

Its gone very very quiet from the Poole fans since (allegedly) it appears North snr has sustained only a hand injury (all be it quite nasty)

If it is true then don't expect Poole fans to do anything other than defend Poole's actions, even if the above is true. Remember with all the scrapes Ward got himself into, most Poole fans somehow found a way to defend the indefensible.

Really?

This is a club who used the death of a speedway rider as an excuse to cheat! So essentially, nothing is too low for them, this is mild in comparison.

So basically, despite all the bluster, it very much appears as if, once again, Ford and Poole have pulled a fast one and dragged the sport further into the mud.

I think you could be right here, though I hope I'm wrong. It's not looking good for Poole if this is the case and I say if as the alternative is unthinkable.

• Like 1

i hope its wrong as otherwise the words of every Poole fan on here can be taken back because if it is only a hand injury then Poole have cheated, because from the Friday to the Monday would have been plenty of time for North to be told the seriousness of the injury.

My mum is fine now thank you for asking, i was using it to highlight my point

i don't think i need to take much back as i said originally it was very difficult being a Poole fan when they pull these kind of strokes and especially as a North with 000 scores would have made no difference to the result.

Fact. Poole won Coventry lost.

Fact. Take Kennetts points out and bring up Coventry points in those races and Coventry still lose by 12.

Get over it Poole in the final and Coventry are not.

With regard to anything else I do not know what the true facts are.

Hope for two more great meetings and may it be good racing and the best team over both legs will win.

Playoffs are great spectacles but for one I always. Think top of the league over a full season are the Champs.

• Like 3

Or you can prove it's a hand injury?

Anyone can say a good source told me...

IF it is proven, I take it you will be apologising to Coventry/Speedway fans who questioned Ford and accusing him of cheating but we're told by Poole fans that it was a extremely serious injury

If anybody can prove that the injury was life threatening and that Poole didn't cheat then I will apologise

Plus Howarth scored at Poole so I'm sure Dak would have!

Howarth hadn't been scoring 0 in last few meetings like North though. It was only in one meeting he didn't score.

Regardless of who scored what, cheating is still cheating

IF it is proven, I take it you will be apologising to Coventry/Speedway fans who questioned Ford and accusing him of cheating but we're told by Poole fans that it was a extremely serious injury

If anybody can prove that the injury was life threatening and that Poole didn't cheat then I will apologise

Howarth hadn't been scoring 0 in last few meetings like North though. It was only in one meeting he didn't score.

Nobody - not even the staunchest of Poole fans - has said that the injury was life threatening. Journo Peter Oakes used the phrase 'life-changing', which I would imagine quite possible after a 12 hour operation.

Not sure where this 'hand-only injury' news has come from, but even if true, the 12 hour op and its after-effects was taking place Friday/Saturday so still highly likely that Dak was affected by the possible outcomes at that stage.

• Like 1

It has already been said it wasn't life threatening.

I will say I was wrong and as for apologising to Coventry fans, pah!! No thanks.

Edited by lisa-colette

Nobody - not even the staunchest of Poole fans - has said that the injury was life threatening. Journo Peter Oakes used the phrase 'life-changing', which I would imagine quite possible after a 12 hour operation.

Not sure where this 'hand-only injury' news has come from, but even if true, the 12 hour op and its after-effects was taking place Friday/Saturday so still highly likely that Dak was affected by the possible outcomes at that stage.

Absolute rubbish.

Even if Mr North senior had lost his hand in an accident that would be a very unfortunate incident, but hardly something to make your son unable to do his job.

Once again, if this information is true, Poole have blatantly pulled a fast one.

Despicable.

• Like 1

so what is a life changing hand injury? Losing fingers? Losing the hand?

ok so we know it was a bad injury but if the stories are true that is was a serious hand injury is that seriously enough to stop Dakota North from going out to ride his speedway bike on the Monday night 72 hours after he heard the news??

I know in my job i would be allowed to visit my relative in such a situation but would i be allowed time off for a week compassionate leave? Not a cat in hells chance

The more information we hear the worse that keeps getting for Poole speedway.

• Like 1

Absolute rubbish.

Even if Mr North senior had lost his hand in an accident that would be a very unfortunate incident, but hardly something to make your son unable to do his job.

Once again, if this information is true, Poole have blatantly pulled a fast one.

Despicable.

I feel your statement is despicable.

No matter what the truth of the situation There seems very little thought for a son about his father.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the replacement it did not alter the result.

What I do notice however, it is the same people who are keeping this going.

Edited by Sherborne Green

so what is a life changing hand injury? Losing fingers? Losing the hand?

ok so we know it was a bad injury but if the stories are true that is was a serious hand injury is that seriously enough to stop Dakota North from going out to ride his speedway bike on the Monday night 72 hours after he heard the news??

I know in my job i would be allowed to visit my relative in such a situation but would i be allowed time off for a week compassionate leave? Not a cat in hells chance

The more information we hear the worse that keeps getting for Poole speedway.

I would like something more reliable than 'a good source told me...'