British Speedway Forum

Posf2 Poole V Coventry

Jacques

No, but somebody who does may tell them. Put yourself in their shoes...

C4G they clearly don't give a monkeys, providing we don't win the league they don't care..

Your wasting your time mate, these Poole haters are as thick as two short planks. It doesn't matter what you say.​

Hmmm you and starman the same person.

Your wasting your time mate, these Poole haters are as thick as two short planks. It doesn't matter what you say.

Very familiar

And on it goes...

For pity's sake give a thought to Dak and his family, do they need to read page after page of bilge?

Don't see why they would be reading this.

He doesn't need to stoop so low, as you put it. As someone else already pointed out earlier, Matt could have got a sick note, and therefore a guest, for Dak having depression, have sickness, have dizzy spells,...............etc, the same way as others do. That's why this sounds very plausible and likely.

Apart from the details of this case - the other things you mention are what has really soured me with domestic Speedway. The continued abuse of "facilities" leads to a situation where whenever a rider misses a meeting it is easy to grow sceptical as to the reasons why.

Could well be (and I stress could) that these circumstances fell into Poole's lap and so they used them. But the fact that nobody was really surprised that North was missing (following two scoreless meetings) says it all.

• Like 2

The details of the incident will come out in the fullness of time.

If true then you can see why they kept it so quiet. Hardly life threatening or enough to stop Dakota racing. Would explain why he didn't rush home.

I guess we will soon see

Edited by mdmc82

If true then you can see why they kept it so quiet. Hardly life threatening or enough to stop Dakota racing. Would explain why he didn't rush home.

We will see, for me the story in the Echo was to general and lacked detail.

My information from a well placed source is making reference to a hand / nerve injury for Mr North Snr.

It would tally up for the long operation, but certainly not worthy of a son taking a week off work.

Would also tally up with why DAK never flew home.
  • Like 3

Nobody is going to lie or exaggerate about injuries to a family member just to gain a few points in a speedway meeting. Just the thought of it is sickening and needs to be rembered by some posters on here.

Stress/depression is to be taken very seriously, as in this case. So I miss out on seeing one of the best riders around Kirky Lane on Monday, it's a shame but I can see the bigger picture.

• Like 1

Nobody is going to lie or exaggerate about injuries to a family member just to gain a few points in a speedway meeting. Just the thought of it is sickening and needs to be rembered by some posters on here.

Stress/depression is to be taken very seriously, as in this case. So I miss out on seeing one of the best riders around Kirky Lane on Monday, it's a shame but I can see the bigger picture.

So does bullrubbishe .

If rumours are true and it's a hand injury then there was no reason why North couldn't have ridden in the Semi final second leg!

Exactly.. and if according to the earlier poster who thinks that North and his family could be reading this thread, i guess we could now actually see if that's true or not..

If my info is wrong, i'm sure North or one of his team will be happy to straighten things out..

Either way, i hope Mr North Snr is recovering well.

Its gone very very quiet from the Poole fans since (allegedly) it appears North snr has sustained only a hand injury (all be it quite nasty)

My mum fell over in her garden back in April and suffered a punctured lung and a cracked rib. I left work straightaway to go see her but dont remember having to have a week off work to deal with it.

• Like 1

Really?

This is a club who used the death of a speedway rider as an excuse to cheat! So essentially, nothing is too low for them, this is mild in comparison.

So basically, despite all the bluster, it very much appears as if, once again, Ford and Poole have pulled a fast one and dragged the sport further into the mud.

• Like 3

Its gone very very quiet from the Poole fans since (allegedly) it appears North snr has sustained only a hand injury (all be it quite nasty)

My mum fell over in her garden back in April and suffered a punctured lung and a cracked rib. I left work straightaway to go see her but dont remember having to have a week off work to deal with it.

HaHa, but you don't work for Mr Fraud. :D