British Speedway Forum

Posf2 Poole V Coventry

Jacques

And if Ford didn't pull all of his strokes there wouldn't be the high number of "attacks". ;)

Maybe ;)

I went to Poole long before Ford took over, he has improved the club loads Imo, so find it hard to hold too much against him.

For example during Euro 96 when England played Germany there was like 100/150 in the grandstand it was like a ghost town. That wouldn't happen now with the core base being 1500. 👍

Yes he can be ruthless in decisions but most good business men are and yeah he puts Poole first but at least we don't get walked over I guess!

• Like 4

Maybe ;)

I went to Poole long before Ford took over, he has improved the club loads Imo, so find it hard to hold too much against him.

For example during Euro 96 when England played Germany there was like 100/150 in the grandstand it was like a ghost town. That wouldn't happen now with the core base being 1500.

Yes he can be ruthless in decisions but most good business men are and yeah he puts Poole first but at least we don't get walked over I guess!

I can understand why you would be happy with your promoter, but many others can see what he gets up to, indeed some of us have first hand experience of his actions.

I think the issue here is that the majority of Poole fans that post on here are either unable, or not prepared, to see the truth of it all.

• Like 2

I can understand why you would be happy with your promoter, but many others can see what he gets up to, indeed some of us have first hand experience of his actions.

I think the issue here is that the majority of Poole fans that post on here are either unable, or not prepared, to see the truth of it all.

He tells us what we want to hear and is very good in the media. It's very difficult to go against that if he's in charge of the club you support.

As a Poole fan you can question if his decisions are in the best interests of speedway as a whole but he is a good promoter especially compared to people like Horton! ;)

But when you can the rules year in year out to suit your own club

Anyone can fill grandstands !!!!!!!!

I get why fans of other clubs have a problem with him, I really do. I stick by my comments but I do get your POV.

He tells us what we want to hear and is very good in the media. It's very difficult to go against that if he's in charge of the club you support.

As a Poole fan you can question if his decisions are in the best interests of speedway as a whole but he is a good promoter especially compared to people like Horton! ;)

They are both as bad as each other,& they could both be accused of causing serious damage to British Speedway, in their own way.IMO

And on it goes...

For pity's sake give a thought to Dak and his family, do they need to read page after page of bilge?

And this is why its a great cover story. Anyone questions it and that's the response. Say he was ill and it looked dodgy!

As a said a few days ago, I'm sure Rod dud have an accident but it was a night convenient excuse for Matt Ford in the same way Lee Richardsons death was a mighty fine cover to cheat the week after vs Lakeside!

And this is why its a great cover story. Anyone questions it and that's the response. Say he was ill and it looked dodgy!

As a said a few days ago, I'm sure Rod dud have an accident but it was a night convenient excuse for Matt Ford in the same way Lee Richardsons death was a mighty fine cover to cheat the week after vs Lakeside!

WTF are you on about? Try again in the Queens English fella.

That wasn't bad for an SCB post actually. You only need to swop a few letters and words around and it's perfectly understandable. :lol:

And this is why it's a great cover story. Anyone questions it and that's the response. Say he was ill and it looked dodgy!

As I said a few days ago, I'm sure Rod did did have an accident but it was a nice convenient excuse for Matt Ford, in the same way Lee Richardson's death was a mighty fine cover to cheat the week after vs Lakeside!

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

There were two typos. Night = mighty. And dud = did. But typical Poole, rather that debate it, attack it.

How is asking you to write it in the Queens English attacking the post? Paranoia alert!

Oh and forget the typos, it reads badly...that's not an attack but an observation.

Edited by chris4gillian

No, but somebody who does may tell them. Put yourself in their shoes...

My information from a well placed source is making reference to a hand / nerve injury for Mr North Snr.

It would tally up for the long operation, but certainly not worthy of a son taking a week off work.