British Speedway Forum

Posf2 Poole V Coventry

Jacques

But surely the reason his dad told him to stay here until the end of the season was so he could continue to ride? Not so he could be signed off on the sick and play golf!

That's a good point. He would presumably be going home I a couple of weeks anyway. The only reason for not going would be for the possibly. once in a lifetime chance of riding in the play-offs.

But surely the reason his dad told him to stay here until the end of the season was so he could continue to ride? Not so he could be signed off on the sick and play golf!

But he did continue to ride - and clearly wasn't in the right frame of mind and told his manager after his 3rd '0', sought medical advice, got a medical certificate and was replaced within the rules by a guest with a lower average.

Get over it , move on, nothing to see here.

I and many others have never disputed that his father was badly hurt.

As i said the issue was wether North could of and should of still rode. The accident to his dad was a very covenient way for Matt Ford to remove a struggling rider and replace him with a better one.

As ive also said (but not one Poole fan has answered) if it was Janowski in this situation i bet Ford would have made him ride.

What we all know quite clearly is that Dakotas dad has had a life changing accident. This means that there is no reason whatsoever for North not to ride in both legs of the final as hid dads situation is now going to have improved.

'I and many others have never disputed that Kerr was badly injured.

As I said the issue was whether Josh G could have and should have still rode...........'

Not anti-Poole really. :rofl::nono:

• Like 2

Spot on!

But he did continue to ride - and clearly wasn't in the right frame of mind and told his manager after his 3rd '0', sought medical advice, got a medical certificate and was replaced within the rules by a guest with a lower average.

Get over it , move on, nothing to see here.

So he'd already spoke his dad before the meeting? it was his mum the other day. He scored 0 because he's in poor form, just look at his recent scores! Still not sure why someone would/could get a medical certificate because a family member is in hospital! Your employer should give you the time off but of course no facility would then be given. An opportunity was seen to improve the side and it was taken.

• Like 1

What exactly did you expect him to do? Sit at home weeping all day every day?

I'd expect his mates to mention that they're out with Dak to try and distract him from his Dad's accident. You'd think that riders and ex-riders would be sending good wishes to his Dad and commiserating with Dak. That's what normally happens in the Speedway world. I often see posts on Facebook letting people know about the health of ex-riders...

to be fair lisa i have no issue with you at all. you are passionate about your club and more often than not you can see both sides.

the only person i ever call names to is Starman as the guy is quite clearly not on the same planet as the rest of us. He dishes out the name calling far more than anyone else and yet ran to the mods to get me a ban because i called him a numpty!

Tbh when Starman does it I'm like 🙈🙈

Spot on!

So he'd already spoke his dad before the meeting? it was his mum the other day. He scored 0 because he's in poor form, just look at his recent scores! Still not sure why someone would/could get a medical certificate because a family member is in hospital! Your employer should give you the time off but of course no facility would then be given. An opportunity was seen to improve the side and it was taken.

Also there is no requirement for a fit for work note, except when medically unfit for work for 7 days or more. So it should of been compassionate leave.

18 hour operation??

It was originally stated as a 12 hour op. I think it was orion that extended the time to 18 hours.

That is assuming something you and the rest of us DON"T know. Not admissible as a fact to prove anything.

Playing golf and getting out is a legit pastime, and recommended to those who live behind a keyboard.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

Playing golf and getting out is a legit pastime, and recommended to those who live behind a keyboard.

Yes of course it's a legit pastime, but it doesn't look good playing golf the day after being signed off sick, plus advertising the fact to everyone on Twitter.

• Like 1

Yes of course it's a legit pastime, but it doesn't look good playing golf the day after being signed off sick, plus advertising the fact to everyone on Twitter.

It does matter whether it looks good or not. He's a fit young man, and playing golf for 4 hours is probably one of the best activities he can enjoy given his current situation.

Non Coventry fans or non speedway fans, I think would understand the situation and agree.

• Like 1

It was originally stated as a 12 hour op. I think it was orion that extended the time to 18 hours.

What does Orion know, absolutely nothing. It was a 12 hr op. GET IT ALL YOU Poole hating numpties He had a 12 hr op. If anybody in your families had the same thing you to i hope would be very worried indeed.

What does Orion know, absolutely nothing. It was a 12 hr op. GET IT ALL YOU Poole hating numpties He had a 12 hr op. If anybody in your families had the same thing you to i hope would be very worried indeed.

Of course no one is disputing that if it was one of us that we would be sick with worry, not sure how DAK managed to fill out his score card with all that on his mind.

to be fair lisa i have no issue with you at all. you are passionate about your club and more often than not you can see both sides.

the only person i ever call names to is Starman as the guy is quite clearly not on the same planet as the rest of us. He dishes out the name calling far more than anyone else and yet ran to the mods to get me a ban because i called him a numpty!

The only person not on the same planet is you, if others are on the same planet as you i feel extreamly sorry for them. I don't bow down to anybody on here, and thats what you don't like. Yes you are just that a :icon_smile_clown: You are not a Speedway fan, you are just an internet forum troll who happened to pick up and jump on the Poole hate bandwagon. The sooner you are permanantely banned or leave the better this forum would be.

Of course no one is disputing that if it was one of us that we would be sick with worry,

But you are clearly disputing that, but now you know perhaps you can give it a rest.

Edited by Starman2006

The only person not on the same planet is you, if others are on the same planet as you i feel extreamly sorry for them. I don't bow down to anybody on here, and thats what you don't like. Yes you are just that a :icon_smile_clown: You are not a Speedway fan, you are just an internet forum troll who happened to pick up and jump on the Poole hate bandwagon. The sooner you are permanantely banned or leave the better this forum would be.

But you are clearly disputing that, but now you know perhaps you can give it a rest.

Nice edit

Nice edit

Ha ha

Bet you wish you had edited your original post claiming Dak's Dad was 'fit and well' back home. Wouldn't have made yourself look such a tosser.