British Speedway Forum

2016 Gp Riders

BETTER to judge a rider over nine SGPs than one Challenge?

It's not just one Challenge, though:

1. He was eliminated in the semi-finals of the qualifiers, after crashing out in his opening ride.

2. He received a wildcard for the GP Challenge, but failed to make it through.

3. He failed to finish in the top 8 of the Grand Prix series, although I accept he did three rounds less than everyone else in this case.

So PK has had three chances to qualify for 2016 and blown the lot. In that case, should he be given a wildcard?

Is there not an argument that any rider who is given a wildcard for the GP Challenge should not also be given a wild card for the GP series? Zmarzlik grabbed his extra chance with both hands and booked his place.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

1. He was eliminated in the semi-finals of the qualifiers, after crashing out in his opening ride.

3. He failed to finish in the top 8 of the Grand Prix series, although I accept he did three rounds less than everyone else in this case.

So PK has had three chances to qualify and blown the lot. In that case, should he be given a wildcard?

All the best

Rob

they will probably take a vote among the Monster riders to see if they want him in the Gp's.Entertaining and should get wild card IMO .

BETTER to judge a rider over nine SGPs than one Challenge?

I agree, and he should get a wild card for the reasons stated. I was just saying there is another view as he had a few tries and failed in qualifiers.

So PK has had three chances to qualify for 2016 and blown the lot. In that case, should he be given a wildcard?

Is there not an argument that any rider who is given a wildcard for the GP Challenge should not also be given a wild card for the GP series? Zmarzlik grabbed his extra chance with both hands and booked his place.

All the best

Rob

Good point that has merit. Can't keep given away chances for free.

they will probably take a vote among the Monster riders to see if they want him in the Gp's.Entertaining and should get wild card IMO .

Cynical view but maybe not far away from reality..

Kildemand is a much dirtier rider than Pedersen. Expect some excitement in 2016

I agree, and he should get a wild card for the reasons stated. I was just saying there is another view as he had a few tries and failed in qualifiers.

Good point that has merit. Can't keep given away chances for free.

Cynical view but maybe not far away from reality..

Kildemand is a much dirtier rider than Pedersen. Expect some excitement in 2016

Dont think he is a dirty rider just mental!!!!
  • Like 1

Im sure someone will come up with a time it didnt happen but when did the rider in 9th place in the GP series not get a wild card? 9th always gets in and as much as I'm not a fan of Kildemand, he is entertaining and has proved he is one of the top 15 riders in the World (would have finished 4th based on points per GP in 2015). It hard to argue a case against him really- as to do that you need to list 4 better riders. Emil and Hampel maybe but then Emil doesn't want a place anyway!

I agree Kildemand and Hampel are nailed on for a place in next years series plus either Jonsson or Lindback or both as surely the only real decision is who gets the fourth place.

Its a shame the European Champion won't do it because he would give the series a real boost.

I agree Kildemand and Hampel are nailed on for a place in next years series plus either Jonsson or Lindback or both as surely the only real decision is who gets the fourth place.

Its a shame the European Champion won't do it because he would give the series a real boost.

Be very surprised if it is not those four, and agree a real shame that Emil seems still not interested.

Im sure someone will come up with a time it didnt happen but when did the rider in 9th place in the GP series not get a wild card? 9th always gets in and as much as I'm not a fan of Kildemand, he is entertaining and has proved he is one of the top 15 riders in the World (would have finished 4th based on points per GP in 2015). It hard to argue a case against him really- as to do that you need to list 4 better riders. Emil and Hampel maybe but then Emil doesn't want a place anyway!

SCB, but were any of those other 9th-placed riders already handed a wildcard in the Grand Prix Challenge? How much chances should a particular rider be given within a calendar year? Should it only be one wildcard per rider per year?

The irony is poor Bomber Harris get more stick... and yet he's qualified on merit in the last two seasons.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

SCB, but were any of those other 9th-placed riders already handed a wildcard in the Grand Prix Challenge? How much chances should a particular rider be given within a calendar year? Should it only be one wildcard per rider per year?

The irony is poor Bomber Harris get more stick... and yet he's qualified on merit in the last two seasons.

All the best

Rob

Then offers nothing to the actual series

• Like 1

All the best

Rob

Fact is Chris Harris can't perform good enough at GP level these days, maybe his career is now at GP Qualifier level, and thats ok.

Peter Lidemand gets a chance due to Jarek Hample injury and not only grabs it but performs extremely well - as SCB said earlier, taking his average in the 9 GPs he competed he would have finished 4th over a full 12 GP 2015 season.

As I said before I don't particularly like Kildemand but if you want an exciting rider in the GP series 2016 then Kildemand has to be a certainty for a wild card.

Forget what he didn't do in the qualifiers, concentrate for a moment on what he has added to the 2015 series.

Let's be fair if Harris had 3 chances to qualify and fluffed his lines, only to be then given a WC, there'd be riots on here.

You probably right, and the reason is obvious as I already stated in previous post.

Fact is Chris Harris can't perform good enough at GP level these days, maybe his career is now at GP Qualifier level, and thats ok.

Peter Lidemand gets a chance due to Jarek Hample injury and not only grabs it but performs extremely well - as SCB said earlier, taking his average in the 9 GPs he competed he would have finished 4th over a full 12 GP 2015 season.

As I said before I don't particularly like Kildemand but if you want an exciting rider in the GP series 2016 then Kildemand has to be a certainty for a wild card.

Forget what he didn't do in the qualifiers, concentrate for a moment on what he has added to the 2015 series.

You probably right, and the reason is obvious as I already stated in previous post.

Harris had a good spell and was flying for a run of about 6/7 GPs, the same way Kildemand is now. Will Kildemand keep it up? We'll see.

Chris Harris highest score was in Stockholm, 9. His average score for the year was just over 4.5, not even 1 point per race, though he did win 5 races.

He did get on a rostrum - the farcical Warsaw where he score 7 out of three rides

When you compare with Kildemands score its like chalk and cheese. Won 1 GP, 3rd in two GP, 13 race wins, double figure score in 5 GP's.

and of course in 2014 he did well in the GP's he was in - 2 I think.

• Like 2

All the best

Rob

Honestly couldn't care how many chance a rider has. The wildcards should, IMO go to the 4 best riders. Thats Kildemand, Hampel, Emil and then I'm not so sure, it gets a bit less obvious. As we know Emil doesnt want one we're left with only Hampel and Kildemand being the 2 riders I'd certaily be offering a place to. We know a Swede will get one for commercial reasons so thats for me has to be Lindback. That last place is then troublesome, AJ always ends well but someone like Vaculik is a better rider generally but has failed badly in the qualifiers and was very "meh" in the Euros.