British Speedway Forum

2016 Gp Riders

Quite possible, but that doesn't mean that BSI doesn't have any influence.

Very true. But the whole FIM vs BSI battle between who does what and who can do what is in no way as clear as people make it out to be. It's too much of a battle and a mess, it would be much better if either had the real power.

• 3 weeks later...

I may have missed it, but, are the dates for GP qualifying out yet. Would like to go back to Lonigo.

I have a spare ticket for the Warsaw GP if anybody is interested.

Surely it could get to the point that the top 8 qualify automatically, 1 wild card per round leaves 7 positions available...

1 position should go to the U21 World Champion leaving 6 places...

These 6 places should come from the Qualifier - However, I think the SGP Qualifier should be held after the SGP is completed and should contain those that were outside of the top 8 in the SGP series. Therefore the likes of AJ / MJJ / THJ etc. etc., would need to re-qualify through the SGP Qualifier. There should be no Wild card picks from BSI as it makes a mockery of the sport - best friends of friends, good sponsors linked to BSI etc. etc.

The qualifiers for the SGP qualifier can be held accordingly throughout the year but at least you'll be there on merit through potentially the toughest meeting of the season... It may mean that it will be a 20 or 24 strong field, but when you're competing for 6 places, it'll be worth it.

Good shout

u21 champ would struggle? look at the winners the last 8 years and tell me which of those would have been worse than riders who quslified through the gp chsllenge?

agree re your hampel point though

My point mainly revolves around having the right team and financial structure behind him. Talent wise they might be OK I agree.