British Speedway Forum

2016 Gp Riders

When AJ goes well, he really does go well. Did the same thing towards end of last year, and thats the bit that worries me - 75% of the year not doing so well so we only gain his exciting riding 25% of the year. And according to speedwaygp.com on Friday (I think) he says he will only do another year GP if he is sure he can compete to win. so maybe he would turn a wild card down.

Other then I think there is going to be 2 Swedes in it, I would probably go for Vaculik as well, see if he can be consistent this time - thats the hard part.

Should be an interesting season next year:

Tai will obviously be a hot favourite to win it.

The likes of Pedersen, Hancock, Holder, Puk, Hampel, Doyle (he must have thrown away at least 20 points this season by over riding or silly mistakes at critical times, he's be in the frame for the podium if not for that), and Zagar are all capable of a top 3 finish.

Zmarzlik, Magic and Pawlicki are all amongst the top 10 riders in the wrold this season, taking into account pefromances across all competitions.

Kildermand and an on form Lindback would be capable of a top 8 finish, as would Vaculik or a tuned in AJ.

Which really just leaves Harris who you wouldn't expect to be battling for top 8 spot at the very least, he'll do his usual 5 points per meeting, which is no disgracr.

Such a shame that the series appears certain to be missing both Darcy and Emil though.

Just my opinion but Jonsson is better than Vaculik and I think he should get the spot. Agree with the majority but the selectors never pick the best riders available.

they finished on the same average in Sweden but Vaculik averages 8.9 in Poland to AJs 5.2.

While Lindback got the same as both in Sweden and got 9.2 in the Polish second division.

If pick Vaculik over AJ 80% of the time these days. While Lindback is an odd one. There not a huge amount between AJ and Lindback but AJ is going backwards now.

I think we're all agreed on Hampel and PK though. Both would have been top 8 this year given a full season.

It's how I see it anyway.

Here we go with the least entertaining world final line up.

1. Greg Hancock

2. Jan Andersson

3. Petr Ondrasik

4. Kai Niemi

5. Malcolm Simmons

6. Trevor Banks

7. Jimmy Nilsen

8. Finn Thomsen (sorry Finn!)

9. Ivan Mauger

10. Troy Batchelor

11. Dave Jessup

12. Krzysztof Kasprzak (2015 vintage)

13. Jiri Stancl

14. Kenneth Bjerre

15. John Titman (more of a leg man myself)

Tame card. Leigh Lanham

Edited by Terry

they finished on the same average in Sweden but Vaculik averages 8.9 in Poland to AJs 5.2.

While Lindback got the same as both in Sweden and got 9.2 in the Polish second division.

If pick Vaculik over AJ 80% of the time these days. While Lindback is an odd one. There not a huge amount between AJ and Lindback but AJ is going backwards now.

I think we're all agreed on Hampel and PK though. Both would have been top 8 this year given a full season.

It's how I see it anyway.

I see your points but you cannot compare league racing to GP racing. Leigh Adams is a great example as perhaps.

Another stat you are missing is that Jonsson has far more accolades and experience.

Former World No 2 and has been consistently a top 10 rider for years and has won the swc. Vaculik has nowhere near acheived this success nor has been getting though GP qualifications.In my opinion, I would be more likely to give a wildcard to Jensen or Pawel Przedpelski.

Whilst I agree Jonsson has detiorated, it isn't enough to lower himself to Vaculiks performances at world level and looking at his last two performances and now has an experienced head in Jorgensen in his corner, I think it would be a shock if he wasn't back.

Edited by Joe Beevers

As much as I like and admire "Bomber" and he is in the GP on merit having qualified, there are riders who would bring more to the series. It has always been so...even in the WF days lesser riders qualified at the expense of better riders. I would be sad to see Kildermand not get a wildcard as "Killer" out and "Bomber" in lessens the field. No disrespect to Chris who always battles and gives of his best.

• Like 1

There was an interview on the Speedway GP website with Vaculik about being back in the GP. 2+2=?

Reading the speedway star they sound like they know who the wildcards will be.They seem to be leaning towards one Swede although there has always been 2 Swedes in the GP when there has been 2 GP's in Sweden.For a Swede they seem to be in Jonsson's camp sighting Lindback's poor performance in Stockholm as evidence,and forgetting about his 14 points in Mallila and being Swedish champion.If the case is Kidemand,Hampel,Jonsson,Vaculick it seems like a bit of if your face fits with BSI rather than if your deserving and one of the worlds best 16