British Speedway Forum

Workington 2016

Which Keith Dixon Steve ?

Taken from Workington Comets Facebook page:

"It is with great sadness that we inform you of the sudden but peaceful passing of Keith Dixon, a huge and life long Workington Comets fan and season ticket holder

A service of remembrance will take place at St. Michael's church Kirkby Thore at 3pm on Wednesday 23rd December. Everyone are very welcome to come and join Keith's family in celebrating his life

We wish to pass on our condolence to Keith's family and friends.

Once a Comet, always a Comet"

• Like 1

happy christmas to all workington fans and to all the other teams fans .

special mention to those suffering hardship because of floods etc .Cumbria is with you .

remembering absent friends .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

happy christmas to all workington fans and to all the other teams fans .

special mention to those suffering hardship because of floods etc .Cumbria is with you .

remembering absent friends .

would echo all of that Jenga.

Think that many from around the whole country are thinking about those affectedby the floods and hope they can find some christmas joy despite it all.

All the best to everyone.

• Like 1

I understand Mason made the B final at the Jason Crump Invitational today scoring 10 points in qualifying

Mason Campton finished last in Heat 1 (behind Crump, Masters & Tungate), then won his next two (beating Fricke and Sedgmen) and qualified with 10pts for the 'B' Final, which was a repeat of the opening heat, this time finishing behind Tungate (who went on to win the 'A' Final), Masters & Crump.

• 2 weeks later...

mason has his own mechanic over there .not kenneth . kenneth doing a 4 team event later on .

OK, yes, I knew that James Denham (and Steve Whitehead) was out in Aussie, but thought that Hansen was helping out a bit as well, which can only be good for team spirit, etc. No worries...

not true , look what happen to your lot last season . you can lead a horse to water , but you cant make it ride a speedway bike . i heard they were expanding the pits because there are that many egos in the team that they cant fit in the pit boxes .

not true , look what happen to your lot last season . you can lead a horse to water , but you cant make it ride a speedway bike . i heard they were expanding the pits because there are that many egos in the team that they cant fit in the pit boxes .

I reckon the Derwent Park pits / pit bays were plenty big enough for Messrs Compton, Hansen & Co?

and vissing and wells and roynon and matt willy and ty ... plenty of space to stretch out and relax . unlike the chicken huts at glass go . compton is not riding @ workington this coming seson .i think he is heading for peter borrow .

Edited by jenga

and vissing and wells and roynon and matt willy and ty ... plenty of space to stretch out and relax . unlike the chicken huts at glass go . compton is not riding @ workington this coming seson .i think he is heading for peter borrow .

I very much doubt Peterborough would be interested in Andre Compton , after his woeful performance in the playoffs , unknown 7 pointer from abroad would be a much better choice