British Speedway Forum

Workington 2016

did i say bear, supposed to be a roo .

i like mason . he can do good and bad meetings most of the time .but he tries .i think this year he will knuckle down and have a decent season. 5 point average is ok by me . at least we dont have a number 1 who does not like ht 15 .lol

Think we have our wires crossed. I was talking about you ;)

The likes of Jenga would be laughing their socks off if Campton had signed for anyone else. He's rubbish, he's always been rubbish and he'll always be rubbish

He is so rubbish he showed your number 1 how to ride round his playground.

Heat 01: Grajczonek, Campton, Bowen, Kennett 1-5

Line Up: Kennett, Bowen, Grajczonek, R/R - Campton

Comments: Grajczonek shot through a gap to take the lead back straight L1

Heat 10: Bach, Campton, Kennett, Bowen 1-5 18-42

Line Up: Kennett, Bowen, Bach, Campton

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/13577/rye-house-workington-pl-7pm#ixzz3tkquucZb

Think he will surprise a few this year.

Edited by Jeanzi
  • Like 1

The likes of Jenga would be laughing their socks off if Campton had signed for anyone else. He's rubbish, he's always been rubbish and he'll always be rubbish

think your being a little unfair there

theres plenty of riders around better than campton but theres also plenty worse

personaly i think id have looked elsewhere on a 5 pt average but i have also seen mason ride a couple of times when he rode very well beating much higher rated riders with ease

He is so rubbish he showed your number 1 how to ride round his playground.

Heat 01: Grajczonek, Campton, Bowen, Kennett 1-5

Line Up: Kennett, Bowen, Grajczonek, R/R - Campton

Comments: Grajczonek shot through a gap to take the lead back straight L1

Heat 10: Bach, Campton, Kennett, Bowen 1-5 18-42

Line Up: Kennett, Bowen, Bach, Campton

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/13577/rye-house-workington-pl-7pm#ixzz3tkquucZb

Think he will surprise a few this year.

Check the end of season averages for a better picture.

Campton averaging above his assessed average would be a surprise to most. Kind of rider GB can do without.

how do you know how good they are until you give them a good run in the pl and let them get some track knowledge .

everyone deserves a good chance .real deal tungate took a while to get going , now ippo dont have him .

boxhall was always rubbish , as was neath when he came to workington . but we didn't mind .lol.

You will be pleased then as you must like watching rubbish, with all the same old sludge Rye House have kept signing down the years.

• Like 1

You will be pleased then as you must like watching rubbish, with all the same old sludge Rye House have kept signing down the years.

You're barking up the wrong tree there pal. I've not been happy with our team for years. Have another go

how do you know how good they are until you give them a good run in the pl and let them get some track knowledge .

everyone deserves a good chance .real deal tungate took a while to get going , now ippo dont have him .

boxhall was always rubbish , as was neath when he came to workington . but we didn't mind .lol.

Tungate is not a good example to quote against Campton.

Both have had similar chances but where as Campton has been a sub 5 struggling reserve on each occaision Rohan was 6.1, 7.2 , 8.3, 7.75 and has become a solid heat leader, even rising to the No1 position.

• Like 1

You're barking up the wrong tree there pal. I've not been happy with our team for years. Have another go

Campton has hardly had a chance yet compared to most, his spells in Britain have been stop start due to Visa issues, and even the season he had in 2014 was stop start due to him carrying an injury from June and Comets not having a fixture for 6 weeks at one stage.

The guy is only 22, and has shown his potential with great results in the National and State Championships over the last 2/3 years, no reason why he won't add to his average next year, he was averaging 6.85 in 2014 in the main body of the team up until around June when the fixture situation and an injury knock didn't exactly help.

why dont you get back to some proper banter instead of bad mouthing riders off .it a sport/job,

What's your definition of "proper banter?"

They're sportsman, so they're fair game. Why should they be any different from footballers, cricketers, tennis players etc?

Once his name started being bandied around Mason signing had that air of inevitability about it?

Well, we have him now so we'll just have to wait and see if he really can be as good as a few on here expect him to be or, another let down?

Five pts off leaves us with what, 6/6.5pts to play with, interesting area to play in that, should be a useful performer somewhere we can get, any chance we'll be done this side of Christmas? ;)

What's your definition of "proper banter?"

They're sportsman, so they're fair game. Why should they be any different from footballers, cricketers, tennis players etc?

COME ON GUYS give the lad a chance he's coming 12,000 miles to entertain the general public and don't deserve to be ridiculed with some of the stick he's been getting on here. he's making the effort why can't you just give him the chance instead of writing him off even before he's turned a wheel.
  • Like 3

Chris Neath averages 5.4 in his first full season and never dropped below 6.5 after that, Tungate got 6.5 in his first season and I seem to remember Boxall being 4 in his first year and not dropping below 5.5 after that. You've picked 3 really poor examples :D

COME ON GUYS give the lad a chance he's coming 12,000 miles to entertain the general public and don't deserve to be ridiculed with some of the stick he's been getting on here. he's making the effort why can't you just give him the chance instead of writing him off even before he's turned a wheel.

Hes turned a wheel. He's had two seasons and failed to average 5!