British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2016

Bash

So what happened tonight then.... Dodododododododo (EastEnders style)

A Witches win? Yes... Just, but 10 up after 10 then only 1 race winner

Sarjaent not jumping the start? No he didn't... Rider of night?

A crowd that's entertained? Nope... Nothing new there

Paco full max? Unfortunately not but rode well early on

Ritchings effort paying off? In the mix but 1+1 from 3

Kerr scoring points in 1st 2 heats? Yes for 1st. No for 2nd.

Risager's new ability to overtake? He did it again.

Covatti not falling off? Stayed on tonight but only just

King back to his Foxhall best? Sadly not, but did score after falling off and remounted to beat Karger.

All will be revealed tonight 7.45pm in the next episode of Ipswich Witches - the struggle

Don't be late.... Bring a mate!

Nah don't bother, they wonder what you have out them through!

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 1

. I never thought i'd come away from a victory so bored. Ritchings should knock it on the head and try moto X, he's just not getting it right.

Exactly how I felt... Bored. In fact for the last 5 heats the speedway interrupted the conversations!

Hume was practising after... Maybe a change coming?

• Like 1

no secret im no Louis fan, but im still in touch with a few old friends from Foxhall. Sport is a results business (yes entertainment as well). it appears you not getting either. Surely any manager/promoter has to be judged on his word? so im asking, where is the asset base promised?...6 years ago he promised to "rebuild the witches"?...any signs? i first went in 1971, the league position is lowest i known in 45 years!....he stated "we will go back to elite when time is right"? how weak has the elite got to be before "the time is right"?

each of the 6 yrs you been told "we can win the league"....all these comments are CL not mine....having spoke to Guy a couple of times, its such a shame hes not going to be taking over...yet...

Have you found a friend yet Sue?

Has Macca found a Bald one yet?

Has the track been watered?

Update... Track not seen any water. 1st signs of blue groove on bends 1 and 2!

Paco not gonna get a Max ...

Kerr's won his 1st heat...

An old friend surprised me and was in attendance...he even brought me a cup of tea.

Didn't see macca though....

• Like 1

Wonder if we will have a home fixture next week after all?

Worky go to Redcar next Thursday rather than us Witches......

Can't believe I'm saying this, but can't wait to get to rye house to watch some exciting racing with passing. I'm sure it will be better than what we were served up last night.

Not if it was like the league meeting at Rye, they turned the track into a one line track and I only can remember Robbo making a pass all night.

• Like 1

Yes we do... Edinburgh brought forward a week to 19th . but none on 26th

Bugger when did this happen ? Now on a course next Thursday gonna be a mad dash from Panshanger for me .

Bugger when did this happen ? Now on a course next Thursday gonna be a mad dash from Panshanger for me .

all confirmed just a couple of hours too late to let people know before they left last night.

Thats speedway for ya.....

I like the BSPA website, it shows the rearranged meeting against Edinburgh on the 19th and still shows we're riding them again on the 26th.

Let's just hope the word reaches those who are not on here or the stadium will be even more empty than usual next week. And of course I'm sure some will arrive on the 26th to closed gates.

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 1

Just read the updates and there was 4 passes

Okay, I forgot about the Covatti pass on Robson in heat 13, but apart from that and the one I mentioned earlier they were the only genuine passes. Ritchings pulled a locker when Karger went by and Sarj shut off early to the line to let Heeps past.

I shall be going Saturday and sit in the stand by the first bend, hopefully it will be a better meeting than last time, but I'm not holding out much hope of a Witches win. I hope I'm wrong. Are you going Baldyman?

Okay fair enough. They need to get the track finished as it changes from week to week or should that be fortnightly to fortnightly as that seems to be when our home meetings are. Nico seemed to be struggling last night, the track looked a bit bumpy, not as smooth as usual, maybe due to stockcars who knows.

Lets hope we get a decent meeting at Rye but as I've stated before it seems to be a one line track since they changed the shape, so the Witches need to get their gating boots on.