Newcastle - Danny Phillips - 1.52

Plymouth - Ellis Perks - 3.26

Redcar - Lee Payne - 2.46

Rye House - Ben Morley - 4.83

Scunny - Josh Bailey - 2.57

Sheffield - Nathan Greaves - 2.52

Somerset - Zach Wajknecht - 1.88

Workington - Matt Williamson - 3.50

Not official some, but just gone by all results this season.

I only used PL & PLC for my figures, but they're pretty much the same as mine

I only used PL & PLC for my figures, but they're pretty much the same as mine

I've just done everything as made it easier, but still gives you an idea :) certainly a few standouts for sure, and Perry wasted in our piss poor line up!

• Like 2

I've just done everything as made it easier, but still gives you an idea :) certainly a few standouts for sure, and Perry wasted in our piss poor line up!

Well, we could always do a swap deal involving Tom and Darryl, P89?

More time

You want more time Baldy? For what? Do you want to have more time to think about stopping going, or more time to work out why the current Witches side has started the season so poorly after, probably, being the best prepared pre-season with their Italy jaunt? Or more time to consider why the club has gone back so far since the halcyon days of 1970 to 1984 (plus a couple of years in the EL, including the grand slam year)? Or why there have been so few Thursday meetings so far, or why CL's proclamation of Interactive Fans' Involvement has not got off the ground yet? Or just more time, on this earth, in bed in the mornings, or at the bar?

Without meaning to be nasty to the lad: Will Ritchings improve if he rides four heats in every match for the Witches this season? Will he start looking like a speedway rider, rather than a motor bike rider on a speedway bike? Will he benefit from the Two Louis' tutoring - like Heeps and Tungate have(n't)?

My answer to that is: No, I don't think he will. A record of beating two opponents (Peter Karger and Zach W) in twelve Premier League heats to date is, frankly, poor and converts to a real average of 1.00 - a third of his assessed average. Now convert all of the Witches riders MA's by a third and what do you get..... Well, it would be a team that finishes last in the League by some distance.

Should CL give him more time? Maybe another home meeting. Should CL use the two week break in fixtures to bring in a new No. 7? Yes, he should. Who should CL bring in as a replacement No. 7? Well, you know my answer to that ..... Master James Shanes. Why Shanes? Because, even if he then only replicated Darryl's scoring to date, I can guarantee you that James would entertain the backside off of you whilst he is doing it. Would he fall off more? Undoubtedly. Would he score more points? Most probably. Would he do that while racing in a style that is different and would catch your eye, bring a smile to your lips and a feeling of good will to all men? Oh yes sir he would. Would he improve and be a great asset for the Club to sign? Bet your little cottons.

Right, that's my latest 'We Want Shanes' post done and dusted. Off now to see if I can get any air in my offside rear car tyre.

Oh, and I am not related to James Shanes, I do not sponsor him, he does not owe me money, I do not know his family - or anything similar. I just think he would be a perfect fit for the Witches and we would have fun watching him develop into a British international over the next ten years. In fact, when I get my car sorted out, and the DVLA lets me drive again, I am driving to Dorchester, kidnapping the little fellow and bringing him to Foxall with me. If Carlsberg made speedway promoters - macca56 would probably be the best speedway promoter in the world... well, maybe Suffolk - then there's Mr Jolly over at West Row - OK, probably the best speedway promoter in my own mind. That'll do.

Edited by macca56

I might be wrong but I'm sure I read an interview with Shanes saying he wasn't ready. He was brilliant at Mildenhall this year and certainly looked good enough. I feel like Louis would give his first chance to Hume if he decided replace Ritchings but it must be too early for him. Who knows though, a couple more meetings and Ritchings could improve like Castagna has. Has Ritchings been off the pace or just not quite good enough?

• Like 1

I might be wrong but I'm sure I read an interview with Shanes saying he wasn't ready. He was brilliant at Mildenhall this year and certainly looked good enough. I feel like Louis would give his first chance to Hume if he decided replace Ritchings but it must be too early for him. Who knows though, a couple more meetings and Ritchings could improve like Castagna has. Has Ritchings been off the pace or just not quite good enough?

Yes, I believe that to be the case too and, with his grass commitments (that's racing on, not puffing on) you can understand a 17 year old kid saying that - in fact quite a mature head on young shoulders. I believe Shanes is further forward as a speedway rider than Hume at the moment, but both would be cracking investments for the future of the club - if CL is interested in that of course - his asset signings ain't been great to date. So, too early, and possibly damaging for Hume. Mountain is a great shout too - got a lot of time for him, but is there an undisclosed issue which prevents Ipswich signing Mildenhall riders - and if so will that change now that James Easter is involved? TBH, I have not seen Ritchings ride for the Witches this season and cannot comment - but would guess at both - off the pace and not good enough. I honestly do not think that he is a speedway rider. (that's 'full stop')

Maybe Shanes and Paco could get sponsored together?

https://www.specsavers.co.uk/stores/poole/budding-motorcyclist-sponsored-by-specsavers-poole

You certainly do seem to have a thing for him macca!!

That's a great sponsorship for both Shanes and specsavers (where I spent three hours this afternoon), but that may suggest a link up for James with Poole Pirates, especially as he is from Dorset - Drat, Drat and Double Drat - in fact, Triple Drat - Curses, Foiled Again - Mutley, Do Something!

(I wonder if their Store Manager meant to say that they were helping James ' set his sights on further victories'?)

Sorry, Scotsman, is my admiration for young James' talents not as well hid as I'd hoped? Triple Drat again......

As tempting as that is.......

I'll probably pass :) don't make us even crapper please!

Oh well, it was worth floating the idea again, but please let us know if you change your mind any time in the future - PLEASE.

(PS: I see that your attempt at this season's Beat The Bookie GP competition was only slightly worse than mine. Shows you I don't know what I'm talking about - but most people knew that anyway)

By next week effectively our season could be over if we lose in the cup. I would be inclined to stick with what we have for now, unless we can vastly improve upon it.

Don't forget the Pairs, Fours and PL Riders Championship (if Danny doesn't have a pre-booked Polish commitment on the day...)

I would be inclined to change it immediately (and with Master Shanes, the entertainment levels would triple in one lap - sorry, my admiration is peeking through again).

We have only had a handful of meetings and the season could be all over?

Please refer to reply to Post above, but yes, basically you are right, lose to the Rye Mouse Rickets in the Cup and that's the Witches season gone up in a puff of smoke by 9pm on Saturday week, 14th May 2016 - that is why changes have to be made now, imho.

Maybe Kevin Hawkins wasn't joking when he said he wanted to put himself out in Heat 15 at the OTA last Friday and we will see him back on a bike this season - a retrograde step, imo. Currently, and the way CL rode at Oyster Card's Testimonial, getting CL back on a bike wouldn't be the worst idea - and maybe his dad could still swing his leg over too.

(For those of you in the slightest bit interested - my transport woes have brightened over the past 24 hours. I bought a cheap air compressor from Argos and inflated my deflated offside rear tyre and bought a new fuel can from Wilkinsons (other depart mental stores are available). Having charged my flat battery, I then managed to fire up the old Seat Leon's engine and even drove it up and down my drive for a foot or two. Plus, the DVLA have agreed that I can drive my car on the public highways again, as long as I can acquire insurance and get said car an MOT and then tax it. So, Yipee, I may be able to get to Foxhall next Thursday using my own transport, carrying a dozen blue clappers with me.)

Edited by macca56

What about Ippo putting in a MDL side next season? A chance to see youngsters progress for the supporters and for the club to snap up any talent early?

Everyone is always searching for local riders developing but shamefully only 8 teams across 3 leagues are prepared to back them.

There is no additional costs as all the staff, refs, first aid etc are already present..........

• Like 1

What about Ippo putting in a MDL side next season? A chance to see youngsters progress for the supporters and for the club to snap up any talent early?

Everyone is always searching for local riders developing but shamefully only 8 teams across 3 leagues are prepared to back them.

There is no additional costs as all the staff, refs, first aid etc are already present..........

if ippo join the MDL they will have plenty of heat leaders from the pl side and then its just a matter of filling in the reserves and second strings .

• Like 3