British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2016

Bash

I thought as soon as guy decided to sponsor ipswich it was with a view of taking over next season. I'm sure he wanted to buy the club before, but after looking into the books decided against it.

Just been watching a few James shanes races, is he really good? Looks a terrible gater and very much a grass trackers style.

Maybe Guy has spoken to Marcus Evans since then and has seen how you can use a sports club to offset tax in his other businesses?

Shanes? Just my opinion of course which a few others share and I would say that he was the most exciting rider I watched last year. Guess you have included this race in your assessment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAjAS3ivT_s

Think his talent on a bike hasn't been fully tapped into yet and the kid certainly has a lot of bottle.

The season isn't already lost but I bet it will be when and if changes are made. I think we may just get away with things this season cos there are some other really weak teams as well.

What's more worrying to me is that we dropped down with hope that we would be putting together some good teams and we did but slowly they are getting worse. Ipswich was a massive club with big history and now we merely also rans in a lower division.

Maybe I've been going to long.but the racing isn't exactly great anymore either if you take covatti out.

Having started watching Polish speedway over the last couple of weeks, it's so much better, and the way the crowds are over there make our crowd seem like a visit to the morgue.

That was a post from the heart. The decline of the speedway team's stature, mirrors that of the football club. I used to be proud to say that I was a supporter of both. When you lose that pride in your team, you often walk away...

• Like 1

Gotta give these number 7's a good chance. Ritchings is averaging 2.80, putting him 8th in the no 7 rankings, but it's too early to judge with so few meetings having been completed.

Maybe Guy has spoken to Marcus Evans since then and has seen how you can use a sports club to offset tax in his other businesses?

Shanes? Just my opinion of course which a few others share and I would say that he was the most exciting rider I watched last year. Guess you have included this race in your assessment?

Think his talent on a bike hasn't been fully tapped into yet and the kid certainly has a lot of bottle.

That was a post from the heart. The decline of the speedway team's stature, mirrors that of the football club. I used to be proud to say that I was a supporter of both. When you lose that pride in your team, you often walk away...

Yeah I've nearly had enough, but I remember how it used to be and how much I loved it, and keep hoping it will be like that again. I honestly can't remember the last time I left foxhall thinking wow what a great meeting. It's like foxhall has had the life sucked out of it. It's just totally dead and flat.

• Like 1

Think we all just about had enough but like lemmings keep going back as that's what we do on a Thursday! However with only 2 meetings this month others will be lost as will have found something else to do that day. Years ago nobody would ask me to do anything on a Thursday as they knew I would not be free. Now though plans can be made as chances are there no meeting!

Oh for the "good old days"

• Like 1

Cant see them posted anywhere BUT going by sites:

Berwick - Liam Carr - 3.73

Panthers - Tom Perry - 5.85 - 4th in our team averages

Monarchs - Daniel Bewley 1.05

Glasgow - Danny Ayres - 4.00

Newcastle - Danny Phillips - 1.52

Plymouth - Ellis Perks - 3.26

Redcar - Lee Payne - 2.46

Rye House - Ben Morley - 4.83

Scunny - Josh Bailey - 2.57

Sheffield - Nathan Greaves - 2.52

Somerset - Zach Wajknecht - 1.88

Workington - Matt Williamson - 3.50

Not official some, but just gone by all results this season.

• Like 1

Gotta give these number 7's a good chance. Ritchings is averaging 2.80, putting him 8th in the no 7 rankings, but it's too early to judge with so few meetings having been completed.

In twelve heats over the Witches three PL matches, Darryl Ritchings averages 1.00 (excluding his one bonus point).

0,0,0,1+,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

Yeah I've nearly had enough, but I remember how it used to be and how much I loved it, and keep hoping it will be like that again. I honestly can't remember the last time I left foxhall thinking wow what a great meeting. It's like foxhall has had the life sucked out of it. It's just totally dead and flat.

Chin up son, the ' baldyman clangers clappers' will be a catalyst to a better atmosphere, which will roll like a wave on to the track and inspire the riders to post a 20 point KOC first leg advantage on Thursday week. Plus we will have the first instalment of CL's promised Interactive Fans Activities to look forward to.

(Looks from the forecast as if this Thursday night would have been perfect for watching speedway.......)

Where have you heard or read about the first instalment of fun?

Gotta happen one week....

No, not heard or read anything just wishful thinking and, as beerhut says, its gotta happen one week, maybe.