British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2016

Bash

With scunthorpe beating us at home and now Sheffield beating scunthorpe at home. Does that help us or hinder us even more?

You need to beat Sheffield at Sheffield just to draw level.

You could say that . Didn't look happy at all first 3 rides but did look alot better in last 2 .

Struggled early on with the tight little track .

Still early in the season but think he should be beating alot of the riders on show today if he is a genuine PL reserve.

Josh Bates class above today

Castagna looked very ordinary today at Mildenhall against mainly National League riders, and indeed was beaten by a few of them as well!

A guy with serious aspirations of holding onto his Premier League place this season should have been dominant at Mildenhall today!

I didn't think Castagna was a good signing at the start of the season and from what I've seen of him so far, hes even poorer than I'd envisaged!

I think Castagna will be more of a slow burner. Currently, he's a little too cautious, and probably needs to be a bit more attacking on the track and with the set-ups. Am sure it will come, just will likely require patience.

Paco is very enthusiastic and a really nice lad and was surprised to see him on a full transfer from Sheffield, but from what I've seen from this years scores and comments from fans I think Sheffield got the best deal. Can't see him near a 5pt average which he will have to come back on in 2017.

Paco is very enthusiastic and a really nice lad and was surprised to see him on a full transfer from Sheffield, but from what I've seen from this years scores and comments from fans I think Sheffield got the best deal. Can't see him near a 5pt average which he will have to come back on in 2017.

The "fee" I'm told, was little more than a slightly inflated loan fee. No big deal.

I think Castagna will be more of a slow burner. Currently, he's a little too cautious, and probably needs to be a bit more attacking on the track and with the set-ups. Am sure it will come, just will likely require patience.

Cautious think you have hit the nail on the head MrMungo . Watching him from the tapes he shuts off alot earlier than most riders before he enters the corner so he's already losing ground before they hit the 1st bend .

Well if you went on tonights evidence Nico stays, everybody else goes. We have only had 3 meetings so far in a very disjointed start to the season, 1 home meeting in four weeks (what a joke) so we have to give them a bit of time to get going.

Can't believe that I am saying this already "not good enough and will never be, changes please!!!"

Shouldn't you give the current riders a chance to fail at least before you dump them, Ipswich have a decent enough team, yes one or two riders should or could be doing better but the Witches have only raced a few meetings. Anyway better or ready made replacements aren`t exactly thick on the ground.

• Like 1

I'm not sure paco will make it to a 5 average, but he really was trying his heart out last night and really hangs off the bike like nico does, although a lot slower. He is worth another few meetings cos if he can score more he is worth watching. Same with Ritchings, plenty of effort shown.

Edited by baldyman

Frustrating start to the year.

Disjointed due to 3 planned blank Thursdays and a rain off in the first month.

Illness and or injury for 3.

Danny seems to be struggling with set ups.

Nico seems to be the only one firing consistently.

Still too early to panic but unfortunately the signs are not too positive to say the least!