British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2016

Bash

I'm putting together a CD of music that has been regularly played at Witches speedway meetings over the years and I would appreciate any help in compiling it.
So far I have:-
Piltdown rides again - Piltdown Men
A Walk in the Black Forest - Horst Janowski
Mouldy Old Dough - Lieutenant Pigeon
Time is Tight - T Booker
On the Rebound - Floyd Cramer
Nut Rocker - B Bumble
I was Kaiser Bills Batman - Whistling Jack Smith
Swinging Safari - Bert Kaemfert ???

I'm a tiger - Lulu

So what have I missed, and can anyone give me the title and artist of that 'Clapping song' they keep playing.

RIP Bryan Knights. Excellent broadcaster and lover of all things Ipswich including of course the Witches.

echo all that.

Always came across as passionate and enthusiastic and with great knowledge of a wide range of sport particularly at a local level.

I'm putting together a CD of music that has been regularly played at Witches speedway meetings over the years and I would appreciate any help in compiling it.

So far I have:-

Piltdown rides again - Piltdown Men

A Walk in the Black Forest - Horst Janowski

Mouldy Old Dough - Lieutenant Pigeon

Time is Tight - T Booker

On the Rebound - Floyd Cramer

Nut Rocker - B Bumble

I was Kaiser Bills Batman - Whistling Jack Smith

Swinging Safari - Bert Kaemfert ???

I'm a tiger - Lulu

So what have I missed, and can anyone give me the title and artist of that 'Clapping song' they keep playing.

The Clap clap song by the Klaxons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SruVR2fBQWE&feature=youtu.be

I think it would be great to hear the likes of WITBF, Booker T time is tight and swingin Safari for a meeting.

I know presenter made the point a while back that we need to move on and that's part of history or words to that effect, and I totally agree with that.

We do need to move with the times and attract the youngsters to meetings. But would it hurt to have one meeting a season where some of us older supporters can reminisce about the "good ol days"?

Maybe have a themed nostalgia night. Play some of those old favourites listed above, have some 70's and 80's memorabilia on show etc.

They haven't got to change the music during the meeting because they're still using the cassette tapes from the 70's anyway :P

That's one thing I've always hated about speedway, the awful music, and listening to some of those tracks on you tube reminds me that I hated it way back then also. Even now though I think the music is poor and bland, but I guess it's meant to enjoyed by the majority not the minority.

I still belive it could be brought up to date a bit more even though it's not to my taste.

How do the club attract the youngsters?

Mr beerhut, what does your son like and dislike about speedway?

• Like 1

A survey at our track, published in the programme I think, revealed that 80% of attendees don't notice music, don't care.

Of the remaining 20%, half complained it was "too loud, too modern" and the others that it is "too old-fashioned". This at the same track!

In short, it is what it is, and if it doesn't intrude on conversation who cares?

• Like 1

Music is not relevant to speedways woes, it has no bearing on why people don't attend IMO. There are many reasons why youngsters don't have speedway on their radar, but i'm sure music isn't one of them. Getting to tracks unattended is probably a bigger issue..

Didn't Chris mention a while back that there will be new entertainemt during the meeting for the fans this season? Not long to find out what that is.

I was just thinking what kept me going as a youngster and teenager, and I think it was girls lol.

He tweeted to Rory Schlein to get himself to Foxhall on his free Thursday nights, as there was something in place to get the fans involved far more and it was exciting.

This was just after Christmas, and just like the new website and rebranded logo that was meant to be implemented mid Feb, we're still waiting to find out what that is.

Also have I missed what the admission prices are for 2016?

I can find season ticket details for 2016, but general admission prices are still last years..

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey