British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2016

Bash

Radio Suffolk report that we have made a new signing with an eye to the future.

Danny Hume (hope I have that right - apologies if not) from Rye.

19 ex MX rider.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Radio Suffolk report that we have made a new signing with an eye to the future.

Danny Hume (hope I have that right - apologies if not) from Rye.

19 ex MX rider.

Has he been signed as an asset or on loan?

The article on the official website initially reads like it's a full signing but then at the end makes reference to Steve Jansen donating half the loan fee to the SRBF.

Has he been signed as an asset or on loan?

The article on the official website initially reads like it's a full signing but then at the end makes reference to Steve Jansen donating half the loan fee to the SRBF.

Its an odd one, as surely Ipswich wouldn't have signed Danyon Hume on loan if he is looking to gain a place with a NL team...?

He rode at Reserve all last season for the Raiders in the NL and was announced before Christmas as re-signing for them for 2016, but then a month later they issued a statement that Sam Woods had replaced Hume in their 2016 side after the rider and club had reached an impasse on a private contractual matter.

I think I'm right in saying that Danyon was one of Andrew Silver's recruits and made himself very popular at Hoddesdon with his all action style and has been spending the close season with the Poultec speedway training programme.

From the radio snippet I had assumed the signing was as an asset but reading the website it doesnt seem so.

Agree with others that a loan is a strange one just as a No8.

From the radio snippet I had assumed the signing was as an asset but reading the website it doesnt seem so.

Agree with others that a loan is a strange one just as a No8.

And signing a NL Reserve as a No. 8 / Squad Member is a bit strange. The step up from NL Heat Leader to the PL can be steep enough.

Fair enough as 'one for the future' and it seems as if Danny King and Olly Allen have seen something in the lad, but if it is as a loan signing from Rye House and for Hume to then ride in the NL in 2016, seems a bit of odd logic. As usual, I've probably missed something with this one.

Well if he gets up at 10am, has breakfast, and likes to be at the track by 5pm, i presume the game of golf is on his Wii :o

As you say HKP, and with both Ritchings and Hume in the Brummies side it re-activates the old link that used to exist between the two clubs and will provide Witches fans with some interest in the NL this season.

Think the link is more Birmingham -> Danny King & Danny King -> Danyon Hume (via a shared Mechanic). However I do predict a very strong season for Hume in the NL this year and having Danny King in your corner can never be a bad thing.

Think the link is more Birmingham -> Danny King & Danny King -> Danyon Hume (via a shared Mechanic). However I do predict a very strong season for Hume in the NL this year and having Danny King in your corner can never be a bad thing.

You're right S4K, the Danyon Hume signing would have been brought about through the Danny King connection and I wouldn't be surprised to see Danyon recruited to the Revolution Speedway Pro Race Team in time, but it does revive memories of the old Witches / Brummies 1970's link for some of us older fans.

With Chris Louis interest in and involvement with the development of young British riders, hopefully this will be the start of many such link-ups in the future.

(The release of the 2016 NL fixtures seems to have been delayed, as they were due out before the end of January, but it looks as if Darryl and Danyon's first outing for the Brummies will be at home to Stoke in the NT on Good Friday, 25th March.)

• Like 1

Speaking of the revolution team as it will predominantly effect the Witches is there any word if they will be functioning as a fully Jawa powered outfit as the press release suggested or will Danny & Lewis be sticking with the trusted GM's?

Well, they are branding themselves as the 'Jawa JRM Factory Race Team' and have announced Danny as their official Test Rider on their engine development programme, working closely with the Race Team and team riders Lewis Kerr and Bridger, so it looks like it is going to happen but I've not heard anything official yet.

I'm guessing they are working closely with Speedway Service Ltd with their Jawa association.

I wonder if Revolution Speedway will become more involved also in SGP and SEC sometime in the future.

Well its now 43 days till the new season kicks off at Foxhall for the Witches , does any one know if the stadium owners have done anymore work to the stadium over the winter months ?

New PA system would be great might even be able to understand what they are saying but not holding my breath .