British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2016

Bash

No bank holiday fixtures! No Good Friday meeting and no May bank holiday Monday...

Louis has sacrificed the windfall of the bank holiday fixtures, to make sure the Witches double uppers don't miss meetings.

Press and practice March 9th, and there are 4, possibly 5 Saturday home meetings..

New website and club crest unveiled mid February.

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey

Fixture list is wrong on the Witches site as they have us at home to Berwick on Saturday 18th June & Thursday 14th July, both PL fixtures. The first should be the away fixture. Can't believe there is a reserved fixture on the 24th March, just a week after we start. I hope they fill it with something.

Fixture list is wrong on the Witches site as they have us at home to Berwick on Saturday 18th June & Thursday 14th July, both PL fixtures. The first should be the away fixture. Can't believe there is a reserved fixture on the 24th March, just a week after we start. I hope they fill it with something.

Hopefully they will fill it with something otherwise its an over two week wait for the next home meeting in Sheffield on Sat 2nd April ,

No bank holiday fixtures! No Good Friday meeting and no May bank holiday Monday...

Louis has sacrificed the windfall of the bank holiday fixtures, to make sure the Witches double uppers don't miss meetings.

Press and practice March 9th, and there are 4, possibly 5 Saturday home meetings..

New website and club crest unveiled mid February.

Glad we got rid of the Good Friday meeting ok was good for money side but never enjoyed the meetings .

Easter Bank holiday away at the Showground looks like the 1st away meeting for me .

Also glad no bank holiday meetings at Ipswich as travelling the 60 miles along the A12 always took ages due to traffic on these days. I shall be taking in Peterborough as well on Easter Monday, hopefully the traffic won't be bad on the M11/A14.

Neither Coventry or Lakeside are showing fixtures for the 3 x Friday dates on the Witches fixture list, when they are due to be at Somerset (29 April), Edinburgh (10 June) and Plymouth (24 June). So some decent co-operation there. Hopefully these will all run on their due dates.

I'm guessing that the re-brand and race-suit re-design will simply involve a change of Title Sponsor logo and not a change of club colours to fall in line with the yellow and black of tru7.com.

Also glad no bank holiday meetings at Ipswich as travelling the 60 miles along the A12 always took ages due to traffic on these days. I shall be taking in Peterborough as well on Easter Monday, hopefully the traffic won't be bad on the M11/A14.

Hopefully there will be a good following for the Witches that day providing we don't have the normal bank holiday weather pissing it down with rain .

If Danny is selected to be riding for GB at the World Cup final at Bell Vue when would the club have to release him to ride . Witches have Plymouth at home Thursday July 28th 2 days before the meeting on Saturday 30th July .

Shouldn't be a problem ?

I'm actually really chuffed at no Good Friday meeting as I was facing a bit of a dilemma. ....it's also my youngest son's 18th birthday!

No dilemma now, day out here we come.

Can anyone answer this question for me. If a 3 point reserve picks up an injury in his first ride, do you have to go with only one rider in the second protected ride?

I would expect the normal reserve rule to apply. The protected heats are there to benefit the no.7, not to penalise the team.

Hats off to the Louis' for shelving the bank holiday meetings. Those two meetings are their biggest meetings as far as revenue is concerned so it's a brave call.

We've all had a moan about missing riders though so fair play for doing something about it. Looking at the fixture list, I can't see too many clashes so they've obviously worked hard this year to try and eradicate the problem of double uppers.

Nice to see a fair few Saturday meetings as well so hopefully a few bumper crowds and plenty bring the kids along for some Saturday night speedway to help offset any financial loss of the two BH meetings.

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey
  • Like 1

Yes a brave call indeed. We all know the sports ills of doubling up and given the circumstances a Huge call on ditching holiday meetings. I 've always felt that Saturday's can generate a better atmosphere and its well worth remembering that afternoon tracks are a pig to prepare. Let's hope this works and even if it doesn't a big hats off to the promotion on a bold bold move.

I agree HKP - would expect the Saturdays to be nearly as popular as the bank holidays to offset any financial downside.

Hopefully we will see better meetings as a result too.