British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2016

Bash

Each week 2 supporters do 4 laps, fastest time at end of season wins a season ticket for season after. Names drawn from a hat

there will not be enough medical cover for this to take place ...but it will certainly fill in the gaps between the races ..

I was a late starter going to Scunny but i was told around 2006/7 the kids did timed laps on a pushbike, maybe do a "top gear board"? for age groups and boys and girls

We did that about 8 years ago. Fans were invited to race around the track with another rider and there finishing time was recorded. At the end of the season, the lad with the best race time got the bike. I believe he was an away fan from Edinburgh.

• Like 1

We did that about 8 years ago. Fans were invited to race around the track with another rider and there finishing time was recorded. At the end of the season, the lad with the best race time got the bike. I believe he was an away fan from Edinburgh.

Yet another trophy.

• Like 2

I reckon the 'New Feature' on a Thursday night will be linked to the Witches' new Title Sponsor - any news on that yet?

So: if it is Truck R Us, it will be truck racing; if it's Jack's Cafe it will be an all day breakfast eating competition; if it's Hintlesham Fisheries it will be an angling competition - or similar.

Other than that, it might just be a 'spot the missing rider/s' competition due to all the doubling up/down or, if they can't get the new Team Manager off the golf course, maybe a different fan can take on the role at each home meeting, or with Sarj in the team the fans will be asked to make replacement tapes (sorry Sarj, backing you to have a great season under the Louis' influence).

All joking aside, I hope it is a success and well done to the Club for even thinking about engaging the fans.

I reckon the 'New Feature' on a Thursday night will be linked to the Witches' new Title Sponsor - any news on that yet?

So: if it is Truck R Us, it will be truck racing; if it's Jack's Cafe it will be an all day breakfast eating competition; if it's Hintlesham Fisheries it will be an angling competition - or similar.

Other than that, it might just be a 'spot the missing rider/s' competition due to all the doubling up/down or, if they can't get the new Team Manager off the golf course, maybe a different fan can take on the role at each home meeting, or with Sarj in the team the fans will be asked to make replacement tapes (sorry Sarj, backing you to have a great season under the Louis' influence).

All joking aside, I hope it is a success and well done to the Club for even thinking about engaging the fans.

If that's the case lets hope your new sponsor isn't Hooters or Oil & Pumps............

• Like 1

Perhaps just waiting for the right quiet day in the sports pages so its the big story of the day.

Todays the big weekend footy review

Tomorrow FA cup replay preview

Wednesday FA cup report

Thursday???

or next week or the week after.....just look out for the Mike Bacon teaser tweet!

• Like 1

It's all go @ipswichspeedway Fixtures, Bank Hols, branding, sponsors @rhr_211 golf h/cap cut. 2 pages in @EADTsport24 & @ipswichstar24 Thur

Tweet from Mike Bacon.

not a bad guess from me this time!

Fingrs crossed I have the same success with tonights lottery numbers.....

• Like 1

Rumours gaining momentum that sponsor to top riders like Chris Holder (TrucksRUs etc Ipswich-based Nicholls Group) joining @ipswichspeedway

Tweet from Elvin King. TrucksRUs was the rumoured sponsor on here a while ago wasn't it?

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey