British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2016

Bash

Interesting post on the "new Visa's" thread reporting that in this week's Speedway Star, Rob Godfrey has provided some explanation of the rule change in that:

as has been suggested, 'new' foreign riders to the PL will come in on a 5pt assessed average in 2016 and will have to have attained a 7pt average by the time their visa is due to be renewed (end of their contract) to return or they will have to go back through the qualification process, and;

any 'new' foreign PL riders, including Europeans, will not drop below their assessed 5pt average for the next year, whereas 'existing' foreign riders, like Paco Castagna, will be able to retain their existing PL average until the end of next season, but will have to come back in 2017 on a 5pt assessed if they haven't achieved a 5pt average by the end of 2016.

If this is correct, I guess Chris Louis was aware of this before he brought Castagna in on a contract and that he is confident that his new rider will attain the 5pt mark in 2016.

• Like 1

Sadly, very sadly i hear that "Mum Witch"..dear Ruby Woods has passed away aged 94.

She was so much part of the whole Foxhall Team and close knit family

Truly a lovely lady, who was universally known and loved by all supporters and riders.

Yet another of the names and personalities so associated with the great years of the Witches

Sad news but so many wonderful memories.

James

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/tributes_paid_to_mum_witch_ruby_woods_1_4351745

In today's Ipswich Star

Look at Covatti when he turned up in the UK for 2015 (at different airport to his lift). He had 1 bike which by all accounts was a big of nails!. After some help and advice from CL he changed and what a change!. Here's hoping after a few weeks for Castagna the same may happen?

Anyone new to Ipswich should only have to ask CL the quickest way round Foxhall. Whether they take his advice is another thing. ....

I fail to believe that Covatti or Loius share a common race line. Covatti from what I've seen is a fan of going wide and clipping fences. Louis on the other hand is one of the very best white line riders I've ever seen!

I fail to believe that Covatti or Loius share a common race line. Covatti from what I've seen is a fan of going wide and clipping fences. Louis on the other hand is one of the very best white line riders I've ever seen!

I think Beerhut meant equipment and general set up as much as anything.

Also as much as Chris himself favoured the white line route Id say he has enough about him to assist even someone who at first seems the polar opposite like Covatti.

Not only that, he was the absolute master of cut backs. Also very safe and in control. Oh and did I mention a controlled wheelie down nearly every straight.

Not only that, he was the absolute master of cut backs. Also very safe and in control. Oh and did I mention a controlled wheelie down nearly every straight. One of the classiest riders I've ever seen.

Not only that, he was the absolute master of cut backs. Also very safe and in control. Oh and did I mention a controlled wheelie down nearly every straight.

Not only that, he was the absolute master of cut backs. Also very safe and in control. Oh and did I mention a controlled wheelie down nearly every straight. One of the classiest riders I've ever seen.

i agree Baldy - he was twice as good as many gave him credit for. wink

Think Paco will be solid enough.

He at least achieved a real average and from the main 1-5.

Next year with that experience behind him and the revised set up he should be able to up his average.

Paco is in the Star today saying he can't wait and looking forward to riding at ipswich, he needs to be excited now because come May he will be out of the door cos he is shat, he seems to talk a good race but on his displays last year especially in the 16 lapper he needs to do it on track not just spouting bullshat

Paco is in the Star today saying he can't wait and looking forward to riding at ipswich, he needs to be excited now because come May he will be out of the door cos he is shat, he seems to talk a good race but on his displays last year especially in the 16 lapper he needs to do it on track not just spouting bullshat

this looks a very familiar post-sure ive seen on another thread word for word.

Two tries but no bites - must do better next time! wink

• Like 1