British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2016

Bash

Well looking good so far! Hawkins in as manager, Tungate nailed on for Somerset so let's hope the most important of the three comes to fruition too.

Would be a huge boost to the club to secure a top main sponsor, hopefully long term and financially big enough to support a return to the Elite league next season.

elite league dream is long gone for ipswich now , unless you get a really, really good sponsor who can throw money into the hole . those days are gone . its all about survival and nothing else .

Taken from speedway gb site

IPSWICH have named former Witches rider Ritchie Hawkins as their new team manager.

Hawkins raced for the club as recently as last season, when he lost his place midway through the campaign, but he has now been recruited to take charge by Director of Speedway Chris Louis.

Said Louis: “Having discussed the position with a couple of people close to the club I decided to ask Ritchie to consider the role and frankly wasn’t at all sure what his view would be. I was delighted when his reaction was favourable and after a couple of days to consider his position, he accepted.

“In fact, not only did he accept but he couldn’t hide his excitement and enthusiasm for the job. I know only too well just how tough the transition can be from racer to manager but Ritchie has all the credentials to do a great job.”

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.29858

Bit of passion from the new TM, taken from www.ipwichwitches.co

http://www.ipswichwitches.co/index.php/news-centre/1023-hawkins-calls-for-witches-passion

and article in EADT:

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/when_chris_louis_called_i_thought_oh_no_he_s_going_to_ask_me_to_ride_new_witches_team_boss_ritchie_hawkins_1_4333447

and finally promotion of JL's book which is now on sale John Louis A Life in Speedway.

• Like 1

If Barry the Cats thread (December fun and games - EL section) turns out to be right and is as hinted then his first job could be helping to find a new heat leader......

didn't think you could change race night if a "nearby" track was already running on that night? Would need "special dispensation" from the BSPA though... not that Kings Lynn would have to twist anyones arm there is it? :shock:

Isn't the 'rule' 30 miles, or something similar?

• Like 1

Seems the Kings Lynn switch to Thursday is being touted as true and Lewis likely to need to switch PL clubs.... :nono:

IF so then do we go for a like for like or consider a double change??

Could recall Cam and bring back Ash a cancel the Paco deal.... Would we be that ruthless?? :o

Seems the Kings Lynn switch to Thursday is being touted as true and Lewis likely to need to switch PL clubs.... :nono:

IF so then do we go for a like for like or consider a double change??

Could recall Cam and bring back Ash a cancel the Paco deal.... Would we be that ruthless?? :o

Are there any like for like?

I've just been looking on the elite league confirmed teams. And haven't a lot of the top riders averages dropped. Wolves number one only has an average of 6.8.

If Lewis Kerr can't ride for the Witches surely he must have a relative called Wayne Kerr who could fill in for him?

Mind you, if he has to be replaced we would have 7.34 to play with as he is 6.85 and we were 0.49 short of the limit.

Edited by Super Blue