British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2016

Bash

Watching speedway in March can be torture wherever you are. The coldest I've been was at the Ben Fund meeting at Berwick a couple of years ago. No amount of Scotch pies and coffee helped. I gave up before the last heat and retreated to the Black & Gold to warm up. Foxhall is cold even in the summer once the sun has disappeared behind the 3rd bend.

Yes but the weather can be on the up in March.whereas October it can head downhill. Mind you most clubs are now finished by the first week in September.

Yes but the weather can be on the up in March.whereas October it can head downhill. Mind you most clubs are now finished by the first week in September.

Ain't that the truth!

Although the average mid March temperature in the UK is slightly lower than late October

Edited by Shads

The season starts on the 15th unless Easter is in March, in which case it starts on the 8th.

The last time Good Friday was earlier, 21st March 2008, Lakeside were at Poole for a challenge match on 12th March. Whether or not being the 25th means the season starts 15th March next year I don't know but we open our season on the 18th, Lakeside that is.

Its at Foxhall not Armadump

Clearly you weren't at the Morten Risager Testimonial in March 2014. Never been so cold since being at the Arena Raceway for the Good Friday fixture 21st March 2008. In fact towards the end I was so cold I was beginning to feel unwell. Cold when I got home and still so when I went to bed.

Edited by tocha

The last time Good Friday was earlier, 21st March 2008, Lakeside were at Poole for a challenge match on 12th March. Whether or not being the 25th means the season starts 15th March next year I don't know but we open our season on the 18th, Lakeside that is.

Clearly you weren't at the Morten Risager Testimonial in March 2014. Never been so cold since being at the Arena Raceway for the Good Friday fixture 21st March 2008. In fact towards the end I was so cold I was beginning to feel unwell. Cold when I got home and still so when I went to bed.

Mortens meeting that was bloody cold that night coldest I've ever been at a speedway meeting. Was still thawing out the next day .

• Like 1

I went to Sam Ermolenko's Farewell meeting at Wolverhampton on 18th March 2007 and it had a delay while we had heavy snow, now that was cold.

I remember the cheering every time they let off them huge flame things on the back straight and they were heating up the crowd :D But yes, it was bitterly cold that day.

I found myself buying hot chocolates so I could dip my fingers in them on occasion at Shielfield Park this season, especially whilst waiting on an ambulance

When they held the Benfund meeting there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now that was what you call cold

• Like 1

Remember a 2nd Half of a Good Friday meeting versus Hackney being snowed off at Foxhall in the late 70's. Finding the car on the Heath was fun.

Then driving to Waterden Road in the sunshine along the A12 for the return evening fixture.

Remember also a nightmare journey home from Foxhall due to fog. Luckily linked up behind a fruit and veg truck heading to Covent Garden and followed him the 50/60 miles.

We both missed the best race of the meeting

you fell for that as well..........haven't you noticed when you miss a meeting how often they say you missed a good one!!

There hasn't been a Christmas meeting for a number of years. Presumably due to a lack of interest.

That's because they lost a lot of punters...............frostbite.....terrible end