British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2016

Bash

King & Covatti are the stand outs in this team

Risager as people have stated will be solid but not spectacular

Sarjeant will excite, frustrate but should improve

Kerr if recovered well will improve

Castagna - lets not judge, as we saw with Covatti he improved - i think Castagna could get to 4.5-ish

If Ritchings can achieve 3.5 then happy days - 2nd or 3rd at home infront of the other 3pter or consistantly 3rd away from home is the max you can ask for

not sure if it fits but i would have sacrificed Castagna/Risager for Morris & Ellis

Edited by Electric6

People slagging off the signing of Risager are quite clueless really.

Yes we all know he is dating Chris Louis daughter but thats the only reason.

At home his points will be invaluable.

Maybe would struggle as a heat leader but will there be a better second string in the league especially at home where we threw away a lot of points last season. If Kerr struggles to start with then he would go second string so we should be to good at home for a lot of teams.

• Like 1

Maybe would struggle as a heat leader but will there be a better second string in the league especially at home where we threw away a lot of points last season. If Kerr struggles to start with then he would go second string so we should be to good at home for a lot of teams.

Totally agree he did a great job for the devils home and away and was very highly thought of by the fans and management
  • Like 2

Risager rode very well for Plymouth against Newcastle this year and gave Kyle Newman very good backup. He was faster than normal going into the bends and didn't always stick to white lining like you expect him to. Better rider this year that last year.

• Like 1

Ipswich are such a poor side, their fans must be devastated.

Many thanks for your expressions of concern.

I'm happy with the team. There are some ifs and buts, however I think you will probably end up saying that about every team as they are announced.

It's all speculation until March. Let's hope for a season of entertaining and enjoyable speedway!

Season ticket prices just tweeted:

Season tickets will go on sale on the 1st December via the website http://www.ipswichwitches.co at the same price as last season. #speedway

As there is one less meeting in the League Cup group we have added the first round of the KO Cup.

They are also available from the track office on the 5th & 19th December between 10–1.00 with warm mince pies, tea and coffee on the 19th…

Adults Early Bird Price available until 8th January: £210 (Full Ticket Price available between 9th Jan 2016 – 26th Feb 2016: £230)

Concession & Student Early Bird Price available until 8th January: £175 (Full Ticket Price available between 9th Jan–26th Feb 2016: £195).

What better way to spend your Thursday evening's than watching the Witches and supporting Suffolk Sport! #speedway #Ipswich #Sport

No lie - Sarjent was outstanding towards the end of the seaon. Looked more like a 7 pointer. I think he'll progress. Don't know why Glasgow got rid of him on 4.88 tbh

Too many fixture clashes with Coventry

Watching speedway in March can be torture wherever you are. The coldest I've been was at the Ben Fund meeting at Berwick a couple of years ago. No amount of Scotch pies and coffee helped. I gave up before the last heat and retreated to the Black & Gold to warm up. Foxhall is cold even in the summer once the sun has disappeared behind the 3rd bend.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1