British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2016

Bash

Speedway season tickets are not for those looking to save money.

Generally they are more of a 'charity donation' of upfront payment.

A free programme offer doesnt appeal to those of us that dont buy them either!

Quite right, but it is another example of a very poor marketing tool for a sport in decline.

Quite right, but it is another example of a very poor marketing tool for a sport in decline.

i must say though that i dont really blame the clubs.

If they offered say a 20% discount yes they may sell a few hundred rather than a few dozen but none would be to new fans and the club would just be out of pocket.

i must say though that i dont really blame the clubs.

If they offered say a 20% discount yes they may sell a few hundred rather than a few dozen but none would be to new fans and the club would just be out of pocket.

It'll be interesting to see how Belle Vue and Swindon fare crowd wise with new facilities.

Bruv has a good point, they are not new fans so it's not extra income, but less income from those who go anyway. When was the last time anyone saw any new fan sitting next to them, apart from bank holiday meetings. And the more the older die hards have passed on, those gaps in between the seats will become bigger.

I'll bite, baldyman.

Not the worst or most obnoxious team around.

So I might go along to Foxhole a few more times rather than making the trek to the Showground.

Pity about Risager - boring with a capital B.

A bit like Morris last season.

But Covatti is good entertainment.

And Sarjeant will be fun to watch.

Not convinced about the reserves though.

Key will be how Kerr has recovered.

Glad Manzares, Heeps, Tungate have all gone.

The talk of Castanga reaching a 5 average is way OTT if he makes a 4 average he will have upped his average by 0.67 and that in its own context will be very good. But why Louis has picked Ritchings and Risager is beyond me, it must be down to costs what else could it be? Risager has always been a failure ever since Louis so unfortuately signing him and was not good enough last season so WHY??? sign him for next season??? What can we expect from Ritchings, he average 6 in the National league so what in hell caught Louis eye about him?

• Like 1

The talk of Castanga reaching a 5 average is way OTT if he makes a 4 average he will have upped his average by 0.67 and that in its own context will be very good. But why Louis has picked Ritchings and Risager is beyond me, it must be down to costs what else could it be? Risager has always been a failure ever since Louis so unfortuately signing him and was not good enough last season so WHY??? sign him for next season??? What can we expect from Ritchings, he average 6 in the National league so what in hell caught Louis eye about him?

Just a thought but is it possible that risagers season away might just have pepped him up a bit. I'm not defending him, just saying it might be possible. Castanga looked poor in the 16 lapper but he could have been on board a crap motor. Let's just suck it and see!

Edited by T B

Ritchings final average was 7.32, and to be honest there was only 4 or 5 riders with a better average, and I dare say a couple of those are going to be racing for their more local club and the best rider is probably going to somerset, what with their connection with Poole.

And we can probably guess why morten is in the team

Edited by baldyman

Ipswich are such a poor side, their fans must be devastated.

you know that puppet your mum bought you?

I think it may have got more kicks in on you than the other way round........

For a start, I'm glad Louis has drew the line with messrs Tungate and Heeps as their inconsistency and treading water progress has hindered the team!

The new top 5 looks to me potentially strong, albeit very much dependant on Kerr recovering his pre crash form which obviously is a big if.

Yes Risager is old hat, favoured because of Louis family links and isn't going to get much better now but he had a solid season at Plymouth where I reckon he didn't particularly want to go to and if he gets a similar average next season will serve the team well cause messrs King, Covatti and Kerr are well capable of all being 8 point men with King capable of 9+.

Sargeant looks like he has more improvement in him, has experience the PL and riding the tight Foxhall circuit every week should bring him on?

The reserves look very weak to me!

Ritchings has been about a while now, had a massive crash in his career and wasn't a stand out rider last season in a National League that was of a standard way below the PL. Riding at a much tougher, faster standard on a home track that is notoriously difficult for those who've never been there before to master will be very, very difficult for the lad. His saving grace maybe is that there will be other weak looking No 7's in the PL next season?

Castagna struggled for Sheffield last season on a track that would be more similar to the European tracks hes rode on than Ipswich. He didn't look good in the 16 lapper which yes was just one meeting at the end of the season. Seems like he got the chance because of who his father is.

Can't see the team pulling up any trees with the weak looking reserve pairing and if 1-2 of the top 5 have below par seasons then the Witches could seriously struggle!

Edited by 25yearfan

For a start, I'm glad Louis has drew the line with messrs Tungate and Heeps as their inconsistency and treading water progress has hindered the team!

The new top 5 looks to me potentially strong, albeit very much dependant on Kerr recovering his pre crash form which obviously is a big if.

Yes Risager is old hat, favoured because of Louis family links and isn't going to get much better now but he had a solid season at Plymouth where I reckon he didn't particularly want to go to and if he gets a similar average next season will serve the team well cause messrs King, Covatti and Kerr are well capable of all being 8 point men with King capable of 9+.

Sargeant looks like he has more improvement in him, has experience the PL and riding the tight Foxhall circuit every week should bring him on?

The reserves look very weak to me!

Ritchings has been about a while now, had a massive crash in his career and wasn't a stand out rider last season in a National League that was of a standard way below the PL. Riding at a much tougher, faster standard on a home track that is notoriously difficult for those who've never been there before to master will be very, very difficult for the lad. His saving grace maybe is that there will be other weak looking No 7's in the PL next season?

Castagna struggled for Sheffield last season on a track that would be more similar to the European tracks hes rode on than Ipswich. He didn't look good in the 16 lapper which yes was just one meeting at the end of the season. Seems like he got the chance because of who his father is.

Can't see the team pulling up any trees with the weak looking reserve pairing and if 1-2 of the top 5 have below par seasons then the Witches could seriously struggle!

a very good post, quite agree with the reserves, ritchings is a poor choice I'm sure there are a lot better and Castagna is in because of his last name, he is no Armando thats for sure he really struggled at Sheffield on a big open track but we will see he may surprise us all