Drumroll please

Danny King

Nico Covatti

Lewis Kerr

Morten Risager

James Sarjeant

Paco Castagna

Darryl Ritchings

Opinions will no doubt be forthcoming from all , mine maybe later .

Oh, and Hilton agrees to step down as team manager , I wonder why ? Hmmmm .

Edited by Super Blue

That for me is a bit better than the proposed original team.

Sargeant is probably a better bet in the 1-5 than Stefan Nielsen, and I don't think Castagna is a poorer replacement than Lewis Rose He'll up 3.33 at reserve no danger.

The top 4 is sound. They'll score enough between them to keep us competitive in just about every meeting.

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey

And the lineup is

Drumroll please

Danny King

Nico Covatti

Lewis Kerr

Morten Risager

James Sarjeant

Paco Castagna

Darryl Ritchings

Pete Simmons is nailed on to return. The clues were there a couple of weeks ago. Both Simmons and the official Witches twitter account were following each other whilst he was team manager, then both "unfollowed" when he left, and both have now followed again at the same time a fortnight ago.

When a question was put to Pete that his twitter bio of "EX" Ipswich team manager was innacurate now, he favourited the tweet.

Could be 2+2 making 46, but I doubt it.

By the way, great to have a Castagna in the team again for nostalgia purposes!

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey

And the lineup is

Drumroll please

Danny King

Nico Covatti

Lewis Kerr

Morten Risager

James Sarjeant

Paco Castagna

Darryl Ritchings

Sorry, is this the Ipswich team for 2016, or purely speculation?

C'mon I was damning Ippo with faint praise!

But yes Ippo's named team would hammer Edinburgh's named team.

shame the season doesnt start til March then!

I like the look of that line up, but then again I've said that for the past couple of years.

I have never been Risager's greatest fan, but as a second string I think he should be strong and will hopefully average 6 - 7. Covatti has the ability to add a bit to his average and Sarjeant is a stronger option in the main body of the team than Nielsen. I think there is upside in Sarjeant's average.

Whether the team is capable of actually winning something will come down to how well Kerr and Castagna perform. I thought Kerr was excellent at Foxhall last season and if he has fully recovered he could be a strong third heat leader.

If Risager and Kerr do perform well, that's a team with potentially 3 1/2 - 4 heat leaders in it.

AS I say, looks a decent line up with a few who could/should add to their starting averages.

Roll on March.

Glad to see James Sargeant got a team place, would have liked him back at Glasgow. He became quite a racer towards the end of season after always being pulled back from his (perfect) starts. He only broke the tapes twice at Glasgow but more often than not got pulled back for perfect starts. I remember Cookie changing his wheels from luminous yellow a few years back because he got pulled back so often for the same thing. I hope James goes from strength to strength.

• Like 2

Glad to see James Sargeant got a team place, would have liked him back at Glasgow. He became quite a racer towards the end of season after always being pulled back from his (perfect) starts. He only broke the tapes twice at Glasgow but more often than not got pulled back for perfect starts. I remember Cookie changing his wheels from luminous yellow a few years back because he got pulled back so often for the same thing. I hope James goes from strength to strength.

Changing wheels! Would that be for rolling! And being seen.!
  • Like 1

Lots of ifs and buts around that team, and i don't expect it to challenge for silverware tbh...

This is what I want to see more of!

Every year we seemed to have been favourites and had "The best team on paper" that we have a cupboard full of paper trophies.

Would be nice to actually win one made out of actual silver so let's try the underdog route for a change!