British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2016

Bash

Not harsh at all. No matter what, you don't refuse a tactical when asked because you're pissed off with the team manager that's unforgivable.

Good luck to any team that signs a "team man" like that.

I don't want to see him anywhere near a Witches race jacket again.

Quite right. And this quote from JL on the official website after the first meeting since he left against Plymouth

"Co-promoter, John Louis, added "What an enjoyable meeting after what has happened in recent weeks. The atmosphere in the pits was so positive tonight - now to keep it going and move up that table!"

http://www.ipswichwitches.co/index.php/news-centre/976-witches-cast-a-spell-over-devils

That in itself is pretty telling.

Edited by Catch22

Politicians and press releases - i promise to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth! lol

Looking forward is certainly best.

Im sure we will see a wide variety of opinion as to how good the side is - as Baldyman says!

Every team we have had since 2010 has looked good on paper. Unfortunately when it comes to a number of home meetings we seem to be psychologically smashed apart by the opposition. Tactically they seem to get it right whilst we appear to make glaring errors.

Every team we have had since 2010 has looked good on paper. Unfortunately when it comes to a number of home meetings we seem to be psychologically smashed apart by the opposition. Tactically they seem to get it right whilst we appear to make glaring errors.

well perhaps the team announced tomorrow will cheer you up!

Politicians and press releases - i promise to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth! lol

JL is as straight as a die. He could have chose to say nothing. His words were pretty damning, IMO.

In the same article Phil Hilton also expressed similar views, but they don't hold the same weight for obvious reasons.

I think Phil Hilton has had a rough deal this year and I don't quite understand why, right from the very first meeting where he was labelled crap and not up to the job on here by one keyboard commando.

I even thought Chris Louis was wrong in publically blaming both parties for a "public slanging match". The slanging was only coming one way.

Hawkins decided to go public both on local radio and in print to the local paper to reveal his dislike of the fella which was unprofessional and out of order IMO.

Hilton was then contacted by Stephen Foster of radio Suffolk to ask for his response to the public criticism, which again IMO he did calmly and eloquently.

He had every right to respond and defend himself.

JL is as straight as a die. He could have chose to say nothing. His words were pretty damning, IMO.

In the same article Phil Hilton also expressed similar views, but they don't hold the same weight for obvious reasons.

I think Phil Hilton has had a rough deal this year and I don't quite understand why, right from the very first meeting where he was labelled crap and not up to the job on here by one keyboard commando.

I even thought Chris Louis was wrong in publically blaming both parties for a "public slanging match". The slanging was only coming one way.

Hawkins decided to go public both on local radio and in print to the local paper to reveal his dislike of the fella which was unprofessional and out of order IMO.

Hilton was then contacted by Stephen Foster of radio Suffolk to ask for his response to the public criticism, which again IMO he did calmly and eloquently.

That's easy. Everyone loves a blue eyed fire fighting speedway rider. An ex Copper on the other hand..

Quite right I agree. The problem comes when a person with very little or no experience in the sport, starts telling riders some with lots of experience, what to do. It's a bit like the owner of a football club who thinks he can manage the team, it just doesn't work.

I would never say that JL is anything other than straight as a die.

My point was that a press release wasnt going to say anything other than the 'party line'

I also agree that the critisism of Phil was harsh.

Whether you agreed with his decisions or not at least he was prepared to make them and stand by them which is what you want from a manager.

Looking forward to seeing the team tomorrow. Do I have to pretend to like it or keep my opinions to myself in case it differs from other posters opinions? I'm just checking.

You normally shoot straight from the hip, i would look forward to and expect nothing else..

I can't imagine anyone would be happy with all 7 riders. We never are. It a all about opinions and what actually happens next season on the track. As I said before so long as all 7 put 100 percent effort in we can't ask for any more. From what I have seen so far with team building no one team stands out. Glasgow will no doubt start as Favs though looking at some of their proposed line up but as we all know having a winning team on paper doesn't always come up trumps. I wonder how close the actual team will be to what has been suggested on here?

@Mike_Bacon: Included in @ipswichspeedway 2016 team tomorrow is a new Witches club asset. @ipswichstar24 @EADTsport2

Interesting.

The NL 3 pointer ?