British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2016

Bash

From what I saw of him at the 16 lapper, I wouldn't think he is for us.

Agree he didn't look great and the Sheffield fans are not convinced (mind you they weren't convinced about Covatti either :D), but on 3.33 you can't go far wrong with that surely?

Especially after this years bedding in period. If we're going to have a strong top end and long tail, I think he'd be decent value on that figure.

I dont disagree that we have struggled in those afternoon meetings when the sun shines but to rule out those two meetings would mean foregoing about a quarter of the whole seasons income.

You have mentioned the thinning crowds on the terraces so can we afford to give up meetings that attract 3x the normal turnout?

It's a shame those bank holiday meetings are not in the evening. I presume Suffolk coastal still don't allow meetings after 6.

How about this for the team?

Danny King

Lewis Kerr

Nico covatti

Morton Risager

Cameron Heeps

3 pointer

3 pointer.

I think it fits with the 2.5 percent reduction for Danny and Lewis

Or maybe swap Cameron and a three pointer for Adam Ellis and Lewsi Rose if they fit. I think both teams would be about as good as we could expect

How about this for the team?

Danny King

Lewis Kerr

Nico covatti

Morton Risager

Cameron Heeps

3 pointer

3 pointer.

I think it fits with the 2.5 percent reduction for Danny and Lewis

Or maybe swap Cameron and a three pointer for Adam Ellis and Lewsi Rose if they fit. I think both teams would be about as good as we could expect

Danny King

James Sergeant ?????

Lewis Kerr

Morton Risager

Nico Covatti

Paco Castagna

Josh Bailey/Tom Stokes both local i think.

Agree he didn't look great and the Sheffield fans are not convinced (mind you they weren't convinced about Covatti either :D), but on 3.33 you can't go far wrong with that surely?

Especially after this years bedding in period. If we're going to have a strong top end and long tail, I think he'd be decent value on that figure.

If you are going to waste 3.33 on paco, you might as well use 3.35 and make it worth Hawkins while coming out of retirement.

• Like 1

I have no issue with Risager coming back to us as long as its in the right position.

Third heat leader..........no thanks

Second string ................yes please.

Our home form ultimatly let us down last season. With Risager as a second string we could/should be unbeatable at home.

Hawkins!!? No ta. Wouldn't have him in the team on 0.00.

a bit harsh HKP

Ritchie made mistakes last year but as with most situations it wasnt all one way.

Easy to forget the previous years and his contribution as captain.

• Like 2

a bit harsh HKP

Ritchie made mistakes last year but as with most situations it wasnt all one way.

Easy to forget the previous years and his contribution as captain.

Not harsh at all. No matter what, you don't refuse a tactical when asked because you're pissed off with the team manager that's unforgivable.

Good luck to any team that signs a "team man" like that.

I don't want to see him anywhere near a Witches race jacket again.

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey
  • Like 3

Not harsh at all. No matter what, you don't refuse a tactical when asked because you're pissed off with the team manager that's unforgivable.

Good luck to any team that signs a "team man" like that.

I don't want to see him anywhere near a Witches race jacket again.

youve previously mentioned that its not always a simple as it appears with decisions in the heat of a meeting...

the situation you outline may well be just one of those times.....

youve previously mentioned that its not always a simple as it appears with decisions in the heat of a meeting...

the situation you outline may well be just one of those times.....

Making a managerial mistake in the heat of a meeting which I earlier referred to, is different to flatly refusing a tactical ride because the team manager has previously pulled you from your fourth ride.

That's not a mistake is it? That's just petulance.

We'll agree to differ on this one Bruv.

Anyway let's look to the future rather than the past and hope we're all on here tomorrow agreeing that the Witches 2016 septet is a good un.

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey

Looking forward is certainly best.

Im sure we will see a wide variety of opinion as to how good the side is - as Baldyman says!