British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2016

Bash

Do you think the riders come on here and care about what we write? Over many seasons many an under performing rider has been supported, it never makes any difference.

. Yes I do think riders " come on here " and yes I think they DO care and I think they try their hearts out .

I think the team is very ordinary, hardly good enough to kick paper tissues imo..

we all have an opinion Bluepanther , I try to be positive were I can ,good riders don't go bad over night ,we need to continue to support them imo .

King.... Our number 1 so will not be replaced as no 9 point men about.

Covatti and Risager... have improved their aves

Kerr and Sarjeant.... have decreased their aves

Castagna and Greenwood.... are 3 pointers.

So who goes if changes are made? But hands must be tied with no ready-made replacements about... Sedgman and Morris could ride pl but both ride on Thursdays. Whilst Cook and B Kurtz already been snapped up from last years PL. What's Rene Bach doing now?

. Yes I do think riders " come on here " and yes I think they DO care and I think they try their hearts out . we all have an opinion Bluepanther , I try to be positive were I can ,good riders don't go bad over night ,we need to continue to support them imo .

Thing is good riders come to Ipswich and go bad over the course of a season! Especially no1s .... look at Doolan , Worrall, Barker and Tungate. Even happening to King now....

What's that all about!?

• Like 1

Practicing his rolling starts? Let's listen to captain pug and support the riders and see if it works. Message to all witches riders, you have my support, now let's see you repay it

No doubting the riders try but sometimes it just don't work, just like doolan, barker.Worrall and so on and so on.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

As an Ippo fan but from a distance, I can really only go by results & observations. However, I have noted more complaints this season about poor racing & track conditions, maybe if this was rectified the team might (might) do better??

Edited by icicle

What I never seem to get is that a team above us like the panthers could make a change to bring a rider like cook in but it looks like we would struggle to bring any rider in that would improve the team. I suppose to really strengthen up we would need to make multiple changes.

because the pussycats team total is actually 44.5+ due to making the changes between the dates of Perry gaining a 5.5+ ave instead of his 3 and it becoming effective.

A nuance of the rules - perhaps its one Buster plans to change....

Personally Im not fussed if we make 0 1 or 7 changes and not really bothered if we lose a few more in the rest of 2016 - what I do want is to be entertained in return for my money.

That has has been the real disappointement for me this year over and above any results.

• Like 2

I know there's much talk of radical changes within the hierarchy and status of Ipswich for next season and with that thought in mind do we really think that there will be anything more than the odd little tweak with the team this year?

I certainly don't, that's for sure!

Greenwood for Ritchings was never going to change anything.

Would having Tungate or Heeps this year have made a difference, Nope.

We don't have a track that anybody seems to like riding, apart from a very select few and for whatever reason they have never been signed up.

As others have said I think we just need to give up on this campaign with the hope that better things are on the horizon for 2017.

Also not forgetting the fact that there may not be be many fans left to actually see us go into this new era, apart from maybe a few of us aging diehards from the glory years!

Sad times at the moment for a once great and powerful speedway team.

I know there's much talk of radical changes within the hierarchy and status of Ipswich for next season and with that thought in mind do we really think that there will be anything more than the odd little tweak with the team this year?

I certainly don't, that's for sure!

Greenwood for Ritchings was never going to change anything.

Would having Tungate or Heeps this year have made a difference, Nope.

We don't have a track that anybody seems to like riding, apart from a very select few and for whatever reason they have never been signed up.

As others have said I think we just need to give up on this campaign with the hope that better things are on the horizon for 2017.

Also not forgetting the fact that there may not be be many fans left to actually see us go into this new era, apart from maybe a few of us aging diehards from the glory years!

Sad times at the moment for a once great and powerful speedway team.

Well said sb, by the way can someone send me a pm regarding next year as clearly I am missing the gig.

Kerr and Sarjeant.... have decreased their aves

Actually, Sarjeant is averaging more this season than he started the season on. He's just not averaged as much in his 8 meetings this season as he did in his first 8 for Glasgow last year. He started on about 5.1 but is averaging about 6

That sounds good,as long as the riders are not left overs and hand me downs. I 've been surprised that a well known local speedway hack has not been more vocal regarding the poop that has Been served up.

There is an obvious reason for this as as a certain journalist, he is far better than a "hack", probably wants to keep his information channels open not just during 2016, but going forward too. I would suggest that he is more than simply a journalist, as he is a speedway fan and a Witches one in particular (along with a local non-league football fan) and I consider that Ipswich fans are fortunate to have him covering the sport in such detail and with such passion. Yes, I have built up a relationship with him over a number of years but, in my opinion, not many "hacks" would take the time out to call a supporter directly to explain the current situation with the Club from his perspective - an insight that, for me, answered a lot of the questions that I had concerning the current situation on and off the track, not only in respect of this season.

I thought that I had, reasonably concisely, outlined the current and future scenarios on this forum a week or so ago now, but it appears that some Ipswich fans either do not read this Thread on a regular basis or are just too lazy to scroll back a few pages to apprise themselves of the situation. That one of them has a Sigalos image as their avatar, surprises me not.... I also made it clear that I would not reveal any of the info that I had been made privy to both via the local journalist and A N Other person close to the Witches "inner sanctum", on this Forum, but also made it obvious (well, to some anyway apparently) that I would be happy to chat off Forum, which some members have availed themselves with.

• Like 1

I thought that I had, reasonably concisely, outlined the current and future scenarios on this forum a week or so ago now, but it appears that some Ipswich fans either do not read this Thread on a regular basis or are just too lazy to scroll back a few pages to apprise themselves of the situation. That one of them has a Sigalos image as their avatar, surprises me not....

Not sure if anyone else has a Sigalos avatar on here as I very rarely frequent this forum anymore, but I assume you're referring to me here?

Firstly, there has been about 40 odd pages since I last visited the forum on this thread, I'm certainly not that interested these days to be trawling through every one of them to see if there's something relevant that I may have missed.

Through work and family commitments I've lost interest in speedway to a degree, but still attend one or two a season and keep in touch of results etc via the Ipswich Star.

I had a peek on here yesterday to see a few hinting at something changing that I genuinely had no idea about.

One or two have been helpful in their replies, (thank you), whilst you have replied with a pompous and condescending post.

And the "one of them has a Sigalos image as their avatar, surprises me not...."

What the fu ck is that supposed to mean you complete and utter prick?

Edited by Bloomy
  • Like 2