British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

Kenni Larsen would be an excellent no1 Jepsen Jensen would do a good job as well I'd guess neither wants to ride in England or not for Kings Lynn either is take if they would come over a PL rider .

As a Coventry fan, I would love Larsen in my team. I'm hoping that once new averages come in during May and the heatleaders list doesn't count, if we need to make a change then we could bring in Zengi or him (nor likely I know)

I'm not sure how accurate reports of squads are. However I have worked out as fixtures stand, that Nicklas could do 9 meetings for Lynn, where there is no schedule clash. His 2015 Stars kevlars are hanging in my office, should a request be made. Peterborough are his UK team this year and his aim is to be the Panthers No.1. At present he cannot double up as he doesn't have an official PL average plus his Swedish team Vargarna race Thursday nights. Vargarna really look after Nick, so he has great loyalty to them, so there is no question where he races on a Thursday. He also has Stal Rzeszow in Poland which he is available for 13 scheduled fixtures as it stands at the moment. As a Lynn asset, this year is about getting back on track in UK, proving himself at Peterborough and stamping his place for the Stars in 2017.

No it wasn't - Mads rides for Varde in Denmark. They race Friday's

then I'd love to no the real reason for the switch of race night . I guess us fans have to be careful what we wish for not many Lynn fans wanted Nicklas or Kenneth to return this coming season but now I think many would take one or both back if the very strong rumours of Barker is correct. If Nick can be included in the Lynn squad I'd go with that can only be good for rider and club , I attend several meetings at Pboro and I'm looking forward to seeing him race from the Panthers nothing would please me more than him to be top rider in the PL .

No it wasn't - Mads rides for Varde in Denmark. They race Friday's

Fair enough, I stand corrected. Really don't understand the logic of the change though as all it has done is deprive us of one of the league's best reserves.

As for all the names suggested on this thread, I can't believe Lynn didn't explore every possible avenue in the time they have taken to name the last rider. Unfortunately riders either aren't falling over themselves to ride in the UK or their demands are simply too high.

well I know who it is but I'm still not confident it will happen ...

as long as it isn't Ben Barker or Simon Stead I will be happy both riders could have a part to play in any EL team but neither are no1 s and that's what we need Edited by Haza

Larsen apparently (from A damn reliable source) wanted bikes, Van, workshop and a guaranteed £££££ to consider the UK.

in past seasons I'd have said that rules Buster out but on this occasion we are desperate for a number 1 and with the money saved on paying Iversen it's time to splash the cash . Larsen would be an excellent signing without doubt .

in past seasons I'd have said that rules Buster out but on this occasion we are desperate for a number 1 and with the money saved on paying Iversen it's time to splash the cash . Larsen would be an excellent signing without doubt .

Unless those demands are the norm for number ones, no way, he doesn't want GB!

• Like 1

I would doubt Buster will break the bank .......

he might have no choice if he wants the rider - there must be money saved on Iversen maybe even sponsorship as well . If we go into the season with a weak side it could cost the club far more .

Depends how much Larsen was asking really. I'm sure Buster has a limit in terms of what he will pay and perhaps Larsen's demands exceeded that. Lets be honest, if a rider thinks a club is desperate they will try to squeeze as much from them as possible. Perhaps Buster is playing the long game and hoping to strengthen later in the season.

The league is utter scrap tbf, averages have dictated that a mid road rider like kylmakorpi is at no1 for a team , something he's never looked remotely like in several years in England.

Sides that can't get riders, Lynn can't get a no1 for love nor money , lakers going squaddie, it's just complete rammel

The league is utter scrap tbf, averages have dictated that a mid road rider like kylmakorpi is at no1 for a team , something he's never looked remotely like in several years in England.

Really try again

Nonsense Wolves are over two points below the limit. It is economics that means Wolves do not have a better rider at number one.

ame="Game On" post="2741399" timestamp="1454879934"]

Nonsense Wolves are over two points below the limit. It is economics that means Wolves do not have a better rider at number one.

I'm not disputing that. I am disputing that Korpi has never looked near being a number 1 when he's rode that position before.

Larsen apparently (from A damn reliable source) wanted bikes, Van, workshop and a guaranteed £££££ to consider the UK.

That's not necessarily outrageous. Plenty of riders have sponsored vans. For example Mikkel Bech was one of several riders in Rentatruck vans last year and was no better than Larsen. It shouldn't be overly difficult for Chapman to fix up a bit of sponsorship in that direction. It's what promoters do. What did Neils do for a van last year?. I bet he didn't buy his own.

Of course he will need a workshop. He can't do his bikes in the street. Quite often with foreign riders the club provide the mechanic and the mechanic has a workshop. Foreign riders usually fly in ride the bikes and fly out again next morning. They don't usually do much to the bikes themselves. Organising those things go with the territory if you are a promoter.

So it really only comes down to cash. Riders talk , so Larsen must have a rough idea of the sort of deal NKI was on and plenty of top riders are on a wage so either Larsen doesn't want to come or KL don't want him, but if both sides had the will it seems likely a deal could be done.