British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

It might well be that Peterborough gave him an ultimatum, if he didn't release himself from Lynn and therefore be available for all of Panthers fixtures he would be replaced by them, and thus risk losing his sponsorship. I can't really blame P'boro for that, they need to look after their own interests.

Wilkinson has effectively replaced Blackbird in the draft and ensured that every team has reasonably strong reserves. I think Lynn should be grateful that all seven clubs agreed to adding Wilko as they would have been within their rights to refuse with Lynn having cocked up with both Kerr & Lambert and made them go with a weak 6 & 7.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 2

So now that King's Lynn are no longer using their own assets in Lewis Kerr and Simon Lambert at reserve, Carl Wilkinson will miss the following fixtures due to clashes with Scunthorpe:

7th April. Coventry (H)

2nd May Belle Vue (A)

30th May. Wolves (A)

17th June. Coventry (A)

11th Aug. Poole (H)

25th Aug. Wolves (H)

29th Aug. Wolves (A)

I have heard both Barker & Stead mentioned as the final rider to complete the line up but could just be rumours as nothing confirmed. Neither are number 1s.

Edited by mdmc82

I think Wilko is an upgrade on Lambert and certainly more watchable. If they have pulled a rabbit out of the hat at number one then, while I agree about some of the comments on the lack of communication and on the Kerr cock up, a lot of the moaning and groaning will have been unnecessary. Speedway fans seem obsessed with getting their team named as early as possible when in reality even if it takes until March as long as it ends up being a decent, competitive side it doesn't really matter. IF they have managed to find a strong number one from somewhere who isn't going to miss loads of fixtures then we have a great chance of reaching the play offs.

I agree with what you say especially about Wilko but has anybody thought that the reason we don't have a no1 is that we were badly let down by a rider after we had changed nights and let Kerr go to Ipswich. I honestly couldn't see buster changing nights, losing Kerr without a top rider being 99.9 % certain to sign so I think somebody has done a sharp u-turn at the very last minute
  • Like 1

You make it sound as though you know who it is?

All you need to answer is, will we be bouncing off the wall with delight or ready to kill someone?

If the rumours I've just seen on Twitter are true (no reason to believe they're not based on the tweeters) its very much the latter.

• Like 1

So now that King's Lynn are no longer using their own assets in Lewis Kerr and Simon Lambert at reserve, Carl Wilkinson will miss the following fixtures due to clashes with Scunthorpe:

7th April. Coventry (H)

2nd May Belle Vue (A)

30th May. Wolves (A)

17th June. Coventry (A)

11th Aug. Poole (H)

25th Aug. Wolves (H)

29th Aug. Wolves (A)

I have heard both Barker & Stead mentioned as the final rider to complete the line up but could just be rumours as nothing confirmed. Neither are number 1s.

I think that if Roberts gating improves and gets more consistent he could well become the no1 we are looking for.
  • Like 1

That's the same name I have been hearing which would give them a top 5 of Batchelor, Lambert, Schlein, Mads & Barker

Jesus Christ. Is it 2017 yet?

That's the same name I have been hearing which would give them a top 5 of Batchelor, Lambert, Schlein, Mads & Barker

Jesus Christ. Is it 2017 yet?
  • Like 1

7th April. Coventry (H)

2nd May Belle Vue (A)

30th May. Wolves (A)

17th June. Coventry (A)

11th Aug. Poole (H)

25th Aug. Wolves (H)

29th Aug. Wolves (A)

Would think he would be able to make 2nd&30th May as they are two early starts for Scunthorpe,maybe also 29th August although that is a slightly later start for Scunthorpe.7th April11th,25 August are all home matches and who knows Lynn maybe able to change night to suit.

Wow, cheap team if these rumours are true! Disappointed no rabbit (or specifically a Russian) has been pulled out of the hat but at least one positive.... No Bjerre plus the majority of the team are racers.

I predict most of the home meetings to go down to the wire and therefore the crowds will hold up as fans will love the tension.