British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

I don't blame any rider for cutting out a league if they think it will improve their chances of being World Champion. Its always going to be our league which they drop because of the spread of fixtures on different nights.

As for Iversen, its supply and demand. I'd hope that if we needed him and he wanted to come over we wouldn't cut our nose off to spite our face, that would be really silly.

• Like 1

I don't blame any rider for cutting out a league if they think it will improve their chances of being World Champion. Its always going to be our league which they drop because of the spread of fixtures on different nights.

Totally agree with you BUT riders cannot have it both ways. If they show no loyalty to British speedway, British speedway has no need to show loyalty to them.

As for Iversen, its supply and demand. I'd hope that if we needed him and he wanted to come over we wouldn't cut our nose off to spite our face, that would be really silly.

I cannot see that we would need him, The team we are likely to get won't be in a position to make the play offs, so why waste money paying out for a lost cause. Also, if we still had a chance of the play off, to fit him in would no doubt necessitate dropping 2 riders to accommodate his average. Are you really suggesting we sack a rider who was loyal and wanted to ride for us all season for a mercenary?

I've always thought of Lynn as a club that is loyal to it's riders, sometimes far too loyal :wink: , I'd hate that to change and the club become a trophy chasing, money throwing club.

• Like 2

Totally agree with you BUT riders cannot have it both ways. If they show no loyalty to British speedway, British speedway has no need to show loyalty to them.

I cannot see that we would need him, The team we are likely to get won't be in a position to make the play offs, so why waste money paying out for a lost cause. Also, if we still had a chance of the play off, to fit him in would no doubt necessitate dropping 2 riders to accommodate his average. Are you really suggesting we sack a rider who was loyal and wanted to ride for us all season for a mercenary?

I've always thought of Lynn as a club that is loyal to it's riders, sometimes far too loyal :wink: , I'd hate that to change and the club become a trophy chasing, money throwing club.

I'd say Neils has shown plenty of loyalty to British speedway over the last fifteen years. If he thinks that making sure he is fresher for GP rounds gives him a better chance of winning the world title then fair play to him. There may be a situation where we could strengthen and get more bums on seats by employing him, if it should arise we'd be silly to turn it down just to make a point. Speedway riders are self employed and can get sacked or not even included at the beginning of a season through the points limit, so loyalty works both ways. I don't believe riders owe clubs anything and nor do clubs owe riders, contracts are mutually beneficial so if either party decides not to renew for the next season that's speedway, there should be no need for bad feeling.

• Like 5

I'd say Neils has shown plenty of loyalty to British speedway over the last fifteen years. If he thinks that making sure he is fresher for GP rounds gives him a better chance of winning the world title then fair play to him. There may be a situation where we could strengthen and get more bums on seats by employing him, if it should arise we'd be silly to turn it down just to make a point. Speedway riders are self employed and can get sacked or not even included at the beginning of a season through the points limit, so loyalty works both ways. I don't believe riders owe clubs anything and nor do clubs owe riders, contracts are mutually beneficial so if either party decides not to renew for the next season that's speedway, there should be no need for bad feeling.

Totally agree with you on this, if for any reason Niels came back to us during the season surely it would make signing him for the 2017 season much more likely just think a No 1 signed up before xmas!

Right with just 5 weeks till the Ben Fund meeting I don't think it's asking too much to ask the Kings Lynn promotion what s going on regarding the clubs number 1 ?

I can do it on their behalf...

We still don't have one.

• Like 1