British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

Unless the final signing is a cracker, I don't understand why they would change race night this year when there was no need to. As a result of the change, KL lost their top reserve and will struggle as a result. Seems mad unless the ace has still to be played!

Absolutely. Would rather finish bottom with a crap but honest team than win by cheating.

You wouldn't do well supporting Poole then :rofl:

• Like 3

You and your 'Liked' disciples, are a like bunch of kids....... Please, go back and find a post that said I thought the Draft was a good idea. You'll have a long look !!! .

I have always been outspoken about the ridiculous idea and the problems it creates. The problems far out weighs the advantages...... Because of my objections to the draft scheme I have been called many things, but it seems ironic now that all the problems I highlighted has come to fruition.

Going back to my comment about 'grow your own', I posted that, in response to a petulant post , when at the time I thought was rather petty . A general discussion was taking place about the good and bad of the FTR idea, when some poster pointed out we (Lynn) were alright as we had both Kerr and Rose. and I responded with the comment of grow your own..... That wasn't an admission that I liked the scheme it was purely a response to someone who was jealous of our riders.......

I hope we can put his to bed once and for all............

People like the post included kl fans and it happens to be true ..nothing to do with being kids ...you have never been outspoken about the draft that is just a outright lie ...you loved it when it started when kl were flying high and told others to grow there own if they did not like the system ....the fact people like the post is because they remember how you were .

Dress it up much as you like but most understand that you only care about the rules when it effects kings lynn otherwise it's tough luck.

Edited by orion

I seriously think we should just go with Zengota and be done with it. He's an improving rider and is committed to the British EL rather than some other half assed.

He finished 22nd in the 2015 Ekstraliga average with a 6.73 average, the toughest league in the world. 5.81 in 2014.

He also rode 31 matches for Swindon averaging 6.71 last season. With his last 20 matches counting towards his 2016 average of 7.79 again shows he's improved.

We get let down if we go down any other route now imo

• Like 1

Zengi would do a decent job for you. Totally reliable (even more so than Janowski) and improving all the time. He would get dialled into the Lynn track pretty quickly too I reckon.

He's not a number one, but will deliver double figure scores occasionally. At least he will be used to Batchelor's petulance! ;)

Zengota's one of those asking for mega bucks. Think he's pricing himself out of British speedway.

To a degree I understand why, he's in demand and there's not much supply plus he knows he's not going to score big points from No 1.

I disagree, more than capable of averaging an 8 and especially double figures round the AFA.

Me personally would negotiate his demands, see how it goes. If it isn't paying, release him. No loss, move on to the next one.

Right now, he's the best option available.

Edited by screamer

People like the post included kl fans and it happens to be true ..nothing to do with being kids ...you have never been outspoken about the draft that is just a outright lie ...you loved it when it started when kl were flying high and told others to grow there own if they did not like the system ....the fact people like the post is because they remember how you were .

Dress it up much as you like but most understand that you only care about the rules when it effects kings lynn otherwise it's tough luck.

What a wonderful person you really are. Your post says far more about you than it does me. I was taught to respect others, treat them the way you want them to treat you. But you are different breed. Never have I felt attacked and insulted by what you posted. It is quite obvious your assessment of me is so far from the truth its unreal. Nobody was more outspoken of the Draft system than I , Even one of your 'Likes' labelled me as a scare manger and said I was making a mountain out of a mole hill. And you labelling me as a LIER is as bad as it will get. I would like to call you thick, but I have too much integrity to do that......

You don't get the fact, that just because Lynn started well and I spoke about Kerr and Rose with a comment of 'grow your own' has nothing to do with how I felt about the drift idea in principal.... I remember being annoyed at the time of people moaning because Lynn were well clear at the top, yet they all agreed with the drift in the beginning. It seemed that only I could see the problems that lay ahead, and those facts were overlooked just because are draft riders were scoring well.

So please, interpretate this post any way you like.....

I'm too long in the tooth to be insulted by the likes of you. I have never called someone a liar, I have never been called one. I speak as I find and that sometimes hits a nerve. I have no wish to partake in this forum anymore .......

To people I have communicated with, I like to wish you well, I can't be arsed to justify my being to the likes of the above,

So I will take my leave from the forum and bid you all farewell. :sad:

What a wonderful person you really are. Your post says far more about you than it does me. I was taught to respect others, treat them the way you want them to treat you. But you are different breed. Never have I felt attacked and insulted by what you posted. It is quite obvious your assessment of me is so far from the truth its unreal. Nobody was more outspoken of the Draft system than I , Even one of your 'Likes' labelled me as a scare manger and said I was making a mountain out of a mole hill. And you labelling me as a LIER is as bad as it will get. I would like to call you thick, but I have too much integrity to do that......

You don't get the fact, that just because Lynn started well and I spoke about Kerr and Rose with a comment of 'grow your own' has nothing to do with how I felt about the drift idea in principal.... I remember being annoyed at the time of people moaning because Lynn were well clear at the top, yet they all agreed with the drift in the beginning. It seemed that only I could see the problems that lay ahead, and those facts were overlooked just because are draft riders were scoring well.

I'm too long in the tooth to be insulted by the likes of you. I have never called someone a liar, I have never been called one. I speak as I find and that sometimes hits a nerve. I have no wish to partake in this forum anymore .......

To people I have communicated with, I like to wish you well, I can't be arsed to justify my being to the likes of the above,

Jesus man, stop letting people get under ya skin.

Just stop replying to their jibes and get back on thread. You can't call people "kids" then run of with ya ball. How does that look?

• Like 2

GRW123 - no need to get annoyed. People have different points of view and different recollections of events and as screamer said don't let it get under your skin. Regarding your comment about the draft, I think I was the most outspoken about it and that is the reason why my attendance at speedway has been 2 meetings in 2 seasons. I was a hardened supporter for over 20 years at Swindon (and more years prior to that at Glasgow) but sometimes enough is enough and I am waiting for better value for money before I return - which is likely to be never sadly! C'est la vie!

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

Kings Lynns team does look weak i grant you but i cant agree about Coventrys team.

Poole, Belle Vue and Swindon look the top 3 teams but i will place Coventrys as 4th compared to the others. Thet have the 4th best heat leader trio. A solid second string in Garrity (ok the pole is unknown) and a good reserve duo.

I would put Coventry ahead of Leicester, Wolves , Lakeside and Kings Lynn

Much will depend on Woryna and the two reserves for Coventry. Id say Sarj and Bates will show more improvement this year but we need one to make a proper break though. Woryna is completely unknown but if he doesn't do well we will just make a change anyway, would depend who we would get to replace him would be the issue. Dont think we will make the playoffs myself unless we make a change during the season.

• Like 1

GRW, we have had our differences but I would be sad to see you go. Orion is an opinionated kind of guy, much like you and I. He is however from a different generation and that tends make his comments seem very different in tone. Screamer sort of said it, don't take it so personally, if he really gets under your skin stick him on ignore but to leave because of one person is quite simply silly.

What child like over reaction ....Another taking his ball home when he does not get his own way ... all you have to do is look at old posts from when the draft first came out and you would see what you put and how you felt about it I remember you and Steve 0 having a debate about it and I sure he also remembers what you put as I and others do .

If you don't like being called a liar then don't lie it's as simple as that ...Are leave you to play the victim and the others to do the please don't go's .

GRW123, Orion and I have had our spats too.... He tends to say it as it is (he's a pussycat really). I wouldn't stress over a disagreement to be honest.

You have much more important things to worry about. Like having Batchelor riding for you! ;)

• Like 4

Roundabout if Batcholar was all I had to worry about I would consider myself to be a very lucky boy. Just a gentle reminder to people it's Speedway, a kind of Sport. Let's take it for what it is. Not really worth getting up the jacksey about or indeed falling out. Some may say there are big issues out there to be concerned about.

Roundabout if Batcholar was all I had to worry about I would consider myself to be a very lucky boy. Just a gentle reminder to people it's Speedway, a kind of Sport. Let's take it for what it is. Not really worth getting up the jacksey about or indeed falling out. Some may say there are big issues out there to be concerned about.

I jest Semi....