British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

My understanding is that extra 'squad' members are only to cover for missing double uppers?

that I'm not sure about , if we don't use NKI we are going to have a very weak side - unless as we've all been hoping for all winter a surprise signing can be pulled out of the hat - time is marching on the season isn't that far away we've Troy recovering from a broken arm and we have Rory as far as I no not even sat on a bike since last May we need a proven top line rider or the pressure is on those two from meeting 1 I agree signing Iversen isn't ideal but it gains a bit of time for those two to find there feet .

that I'm not sure about , if we don't use NKI we are going to have a very weak side - unless as we've all been hoping for all winter a surprise signing can be pulled out of the hat - time is marching on the season isn't that far away we've Troy recovering from a broken arm and we have Rory as far as I no not even sat on a bike since last May we need a proven top line rider or the pressure is on those two from meeting 1 I agree signing Iversen isn't ideal but it gains a bit of time for those two to find there feet .

So in other words dump a rider who is committed for one who isn't

• Like 3

In my opinion, signing NKI even on a short term contract would be wrong. As another poster mentioned, at the start of the season, it would only be a glorified testing session for his European Leagues and GP's and could open the doors for this to happen all over the Elite League, again, for the wrong reason and come the end of April, teams all over the oche will be chasing new heat Leaders, with none about except the chaff left over after all the euro leagues are under way... I know the temptation to get NKI in must be huge, but I think it would be a bad move....

• Like 1

Let's face it, there isn't a big signing just waiting to be announced. Nothing to be gained from keeping it secret as sure they are well aware of the current mood amongst the fans.

We're probably on Plan Q by now, desperately hoping someone will have a change of heart or a situation changes at another track.

Good job the NL team looks good on paper this year

• Like 2

In my opinion, signing NKI even on a short term contract would be wrong. As another poster mentioned, at the start of the season, it would only be a glorified testing session for his European Leagues and GP's and could open the doors for this to happen all over the Elite League, again, for the wrong reason and come the end of April, teams all over the oche will be chasing new heat Leaders, with none about except the chaff left over after all the euro leagues are under way... I know the temptation to get NKI in must be huge, but I think it would be a bad move....

ok let's have some alternatives I can see where your coming from but the fact is we need two riders to make the team up one I guess will be Simon Lambert though why we've not named him I don't no and we need a heat leader so let's have some realistic alternatives to Iversen ??

ok let's have some alternatives I can see where your coming from but the fact is we need two riders to make the team up one I guess will be Simon Lambert though why we've not named him I don't no and we need a heat leader so let's have some realistic alternatives to Iversen ??

Bringing in Iversen doesn't fix anything though. It will just make thing worse after his little practice sessions with us.

If we've exhausted all other avenues then we'll just have to accept Kenneth Bjerre and us fans and the management will have to deal with the consequences

Bringing in Iversen doesn't fix anything though. It will just make thing worse after his little practice sessions with us.

If we've exhausted all other avenues then we'll just have to accept Kenneth Bjerre and us fans and the management will have to deal with the consequences

never said it I'd fix anything far far from ideal it's making the best of what's left - is Troy going to be fit how will Rory cope coming back from a major injuries and then on top of that start the season without a no1 won't be ideal either .

Another thing that continues to bug me is the lack of information about the final two riders absolutely jack s#it coming from the club how about an update Mr Gent ????

Edited by Haza

I don't blame Mr Gent. hes only doing what he's been told. The problem rest with the promotions,

I had hoped this grand announcement of a top rider would have been done by now, It was to be an all conquering A stream that other clubs feared. coupled with announcement, that the BSPA was going to rethink this wretched draft system . But in all honesty I was living in a dream world.

The reality of it means that, more-likely as not, Lynn will have KB as their other rider, with Simon Lambert as our reserve. Some clubs will laugh and appraise at our poor team building. But looking at from the sports prospective, this cannot be good for anyone.,,,,,,,,,.

Edited by GRW123

Another thing that continues to bug me is the lack of information about the final two riders absolutely jack s#it coming from the club how about an update Mr Gent ????

Maybe the silence is because they are still debating whether 2016 is the 50th/51st/49th season so they can print the appropriate prog boards/hoodies/t-shirts.

• Like 1

Maybe the silence is because they are still debating whether 2016 is the 50th/51st/49th season so they can print the appropriate prog boards/hoodies/t-shirts.

Jaybea Designs produced all the various 50th bits of merchandise last year, including clothing, assuming that it was the correct year to do so, and it sold extremely well, so there will be a lot of confused customers if this year is deemed to be it. Typical speedway.

It will be the Lynn Stars 50th Season unless u take out the years we were called Silver Machine and Knights arghhhhhh

It will be the Lynn Stars 50th Season unless u take out the years we were called Silver Machine and Knights arghhhhhh

I think you're right Trees. However, the front cover of the programme for the meeting on the 26 March 2015 said King's Lynn Speedway 50 Years.

Buster said in his column, although he might not have written it himself, "The 2015 season is a special one for everyone connected with the club, we celebrate 50 years of racing at Saddlebow Road and I am proud to have played a part in the clubs history books".

Rob wrote, "The boys know what's required to achieve it so that's definitely the aim for the 50th season and how fitting would that be to lift it (league title) during such a special year as this one".

So is it any wonder that there is so much confusion?

Let's hope that the management will make a little more of our 50th season than our 50th year

Any chance of photos of our 50 teams, 50 race bibs\suits, 50 programme covers, 50 badges, invite 50 riders from over the years, let's please celebrate those fans who have supported the club for 50 seasons etc etc ......

• Like 1

Let's hope that the management will make a little more of our 50th season than our 50th year

Any chance of photos of our 50 teams, 50 race bibs\suits, 50 programme covers, 50 badges, invite 50 riders from over the years, let's please celebrate those fans who have supported the club for 50 seasons etc etc ......

you got no chance on any of the above - all great ideas but if the promotion can't be arsed to give a update on the team why or would they have any interest in the 50 year thing . Anyway why would fans want to buy yet more hoodies and t shirts after they bought them last season only to be told it wasn't our 50th season anyway .