British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2016

Where do you get the change of race night was to attract a number 1.Buster actually said it was to get ready for 1-2 night racing in the future didn't he.

How do you suggest Lynn get an equal standard when having the 17th choice rider as number 1 reserve ;)

Where from?? That was suggested at the time it was to attract a number one (with the speculation being dirty Nicki until he stated he wouldn't be racing in the EL). Plus of course it was the added speculation that Thursday was going to be one of the 2 nights for EL next season.

I said Lynn deserve an equal Standard draft rider, certainly not a better one.

As DTC said Lynn won't be the first club to be shafted by the draft system and they probably won't be the last.

The only real solution is to hope Blackbird changes his mind and then you get a like for like.

However there is no way that any rider should be allowed that isn't on the list. It wasn't allowed for Swindon who suffered in reserve 2 seasons ago and it most definetly shouldn't be changed this time to suit one club.

Lynn deserve an adequate replacement however if they have to pick off the list of those left then so be it unfortunately.

I am somewhat puzzled as to why Lynn should not take the blame for the Kerr situation. As I understand it, they signed him therefore giving up any other advantages with draft riders, after that he signed for Ipswich and Lynn decided to ride on Thursdays (not sure in which order). Now as I see it, Lynn had two choices - don't change to Thursday or don't allow Kerr to ride at Ipswich (unless Lynn take priority). For whatever reason Lynn did neither. That is not the fault of the other EL teams, it is purely Lynn's choice. Blackbird not riding is a red herring. Would the Lynn apologists be quite happy for Lakeside to be allowed to use a non listed rider?

I'm still of the opinion that Lynn put all their plans on NKI riding in 2016 and had no back up plan and it's backfired. I hope I'm wrong and Buster pulls a rabbit out of the hat (as long as it's not a bjerre-rabbit) for the no 1 spot.

Several sports are having their integrity questioned at present, maybe this is all a BSPA plot to get media attention :P:D:rofl::icon_smile_clown:

Yes I would be quite happy for Lakeside to use a non listed rider as long as he is British and to the same standard average wise as Blackbird the rider he would be replacing.I said it earlier in the thread and that includes all teams.

Yes I would be quite happy for Lakeside to use a non listed rider as long as he is British and to the same standard average wise as Blackbird the rider he would be replacing.I said it earlier in the thread and that includes all teams.

And leave Lewis on the shelf, him and Blackbird were pretty much on a par so no probs with Lakeside signing him but ......

Edited by Trees

And leave Lewis on the shelf, him and Blackbird were pretty much on a par so no probs with Lakeside signing him but ......

I didn't say that Trees,your reading what I meant the wrong way.I was implying if Blackbird quit Lakeside and Kerr was still at Lynn then I agree Lakeside should be able to replace Blackbird on a like for like basis,like any club if their FTRs decide to quit before the season :t:

But it was the most important thing without that Kerr would still be there rider ...no doubt when they Selected Kerr is was base on what race night they choose .

The Draft picks were all done with race nights in mind ....No one ask Kings lynn to change there race night they done that themselves so quite rightly when they moved the goalposts moved . If Swindon signed Charles Wright then after changed there race night to a Friday then Charles would quite righty want to not to ride for them the same as Kerr has ... Kings Lynn only have themselves to blame

You're missing a big point here. I am sure that had Buster been in any doubt that Kerr wouldn't be riding for Lynn he would never have nominated him in the first place. Kerr is a Stars asset and has been part of this set up for 3/4 yrs now. He has benefitted big time from his association with Lynn. Each time he has been injured. the Promotions and fans have bent over backwards to help him. Even with the doubt of recovering from his terrible accident the fans were only too willing to stand by him..

When the opportunity came for Kerr to sign for Ipswich, he was told that the chances are that Lynn will be racing on Thursdays. but it made little difference. Kerr had made up his mind. He choose the Witches over Lynn. . Needless to say he went down big time in my estimation.....

Buster did what he thought was right. No doubt he, along with everyone else, expected Kerr to be part of this set up. All this sorry affair has done is to show up all the inadequacies of the draft system. If we finish up using NL riders as drafts, than so be it. It cant be any more of a shambles than it already is......

You're missing a big point here. I am sure that had Buster been in any doubt that Kerr wouldn't be riding for Lynn he would never have nominated him in the first place. Kerr is a Stars asset and has been part of this set up for 3/4 yrs now. He has benefitted big time from his association with Lynn. Each time he has been injured. the Promotions and fans have bent over backwards to help him. Even with the doubt of recovering from his terrible accident the fans were only too willing to stand by him..

When the opportunity came for Kerr to sign for Ipswich, he was told that the chances are that Lynn will be racing on Thursdays. but it made little difference. Kerr had made up his mind. He choose the Witches over Lynn. . Needless to say he went down big time in my estimation.....

Buster did what he thought was right. No doubt he, along with everyone else, expected Kerr to be part of this set up. All this sorry affair has done is to show up all the inadequacies of the draft system. If we finish up using NL riders as drafts, than so be it. It cant be any more of a shambles than it already is......

No your missing the point ...the bottom line is and it's the most important fact . Is that if kl did not change there race night then kerr would be still riding for them and we would have no need to talk about this .

For all the drafts fault when you sign riders it's all on the understading on what race night you race on ...it's kl and kerr.s case it was Wednesday night ....KL choose to change not Kerr ...so as I said Kings Lynn have only themselves to blame .

• Like 2

No your missing the point ...the bottom line is and it's the most important fact . Is that if kl did not change there race night then kerr would be still riding for them and we would have no need to talk about this .

Correct,but then all the talk would be about Lakeside and who they may or may not be getting instead of Blackbird.

This is another reason the EL has to go to 1-2 night racing,to stop any double uppers,FTRs having fixtures for 2 clubs on any given night.

For all the drafts fault when you sign riders it's all on the understading on what race night you race on ...it's kl and kerr.s case it was Wednesday night ....KL choose to change not Kerr ...so as I said Kings Lynn have only themselves to blame .

We will have to agree to differ here. Like you say, Lynn should ride on Wednesdays just to suite Kerr ........ Cause we should..... :t:

How you can blame Kerr for this is completely ridiculous. Just face it, Lynn have f'ed up and now were gonna end up with a rubbishe team because of our inept management.

• Like 2

Correct,but then all the talk would be about Lakeside and who they may or may not be getting instead of Blackbird.

Not necessarily. Lewis Blackbird was announced on 3rd Nov . At the time of the announcement it was also stated that it was dependent on Blackbird returning to racing, and Jon Cook also said there was a back up plan if Blackbird did not come back. We will probably never know if the back up plan involved Kerr or someone else but Lakeside had first pick so if their was any doubt about it they coukd have had someone like Howarth.

We will never know all the ins and outs of what went on but the bottom line is that Chapman changed his race night without a back up plan, knowing that Kerr was going to Ippo, and gambled on NKI without a plan B when he knew the rider was very lukewarm about returning.

• Like 1

We will have to agree to differ here. Like you say, Lynn should ride on Wednesdays just to suite Kerr ........ Cause we should..... :t:

Why twist things ? Kings Lynn can have a pick of race nights that is up to them ...But at the same time when they sign a rider at the draft they should have done there due diligence that Kerr would ride for them on a Thursday night but quite clearly that was not the case .

So as I said the only ones to blame are Kings Lynn .

Edited by orion
  • Like 3

I thought Kerr signed with both Ipswich and Lynn to as they are both closer to home and with a young baby who can blame him. Surely people wouldn't expect him to sign with another club just encase Lynn decide that they are going to change nights? Everyone should put family first.

Edited by liam
  • Like 1

Why twist things ? Kings Lynn can have a pick of race nights that is up to them ...But at the same time when they sign a rider at the draft they should have done there due diligence that Kerr would ride for them on a Thursday night but quite clearly that was not the case .

So as I said the only ones to blame are Kings Lynn .

I sorry but I don't mean to twist things. I'm olde school, and respect those virtues. As a Lynn rider, I expected Kerr to behave as such. But obviously I am wrong.

But one other point before I go, You say when riders are involved in the draft selection process they have a choice of where and when they ride.. I thought they were included into the process and that the clubs have a vote on who they want in there team.. Are you saying this is not the case and riders and clubs are sorted before the vote ????

Good job Swindon didn't pick Kerr ???

I sorry but I don't mean to twist things. I'm olde school, and respect those virtues. As a Lynn rider, I expected Kerr to behave as such. But obviously I am wrong.

But one other point before I go, You say when riders are involved in the draft selection process they have a choice of where and when they ride.. I thought they were included into the process and that the clubs have a vote on who they want in there team.. Are you saying this is not the case and riders and clubs are sorted before the vote ????

Good job Swindon didn't pick Kerr ???

I never said that at all ..I expect Kerr would not have been able to leave KL for Lakeside unless they have had not changed Race nights . it's quite clear that all teams would or should have done there homework before the draft before picking there riders when it comes to race nights .

What makes it even more worse in kl case it that Kerr was protected meaning they had plenty of time to ask him about his plans for the coming season etc etc and the fact they were changing race nights .....If Swindon had picked Kerr without doing there homework they that would been there fault and no one elses ....Dress it up as much as like but anyone with just a tad of common sense can see the blame lies solely at the door of kl.

Edited by orion

So with Kerr out of the frame who is the best no6 we can sign Simon Lambert a Stars asset or Adam Roynon would be my choice - now no1 who's a realistic target ? Could Buster pull a rabbit out of the hat or will it be Kenny B ? With the Wroclaw meeting only 8 weeks Friday it would be nice to have an update on the latest situation regarding the last two riders .

Can't believe Buster would change our race night so that we wouldn't clash with the Danish league knowing that we would lose Lewis without having a top rider who rides in Denmark virtually signed up. Still hoping it could be Jepsen Jensen.